Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Are these cards poorly done or are they good quality?
Good Quality? 36 87.80%
Poorly Done? 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:12 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: William099's customs!! Naga and Blood Elves!

I am back in business. New Rampage version up.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 5th, 2015, 10:31 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got some more new releases! I won a Custom Makers mystery set at a tourney and was finally able to sit down and make some cards for them!

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 5th, 2015, 04:40 PM

bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby!

Love the hippogriff (obviously!). Nice to see one finally make it into Heroscape. Great reuse of existing powers to give him the chance to move both friendly and enemy figures at once.
Old June 6th, 2015, 04:49 AM
the above

Re: William099's customs!! Back to classic!

The last 5 of my Custom mystery box are now in the op.

@obfuscatedhippo I believe this prize came from you right?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 6th, 2015, 06:18 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ulfgar Greataxe looks like he'd be a lot of fun to play. Disarm is a really interesting ability. I had a couple questions regarding how it works though. First, am I assuming correctly that using it is mandatory? For example, if I wound someone with my first order marker and kill them, is Disarm used automatically even though it would be much better for me not to activate it? Also, what happens if I kill a squad figure, does the entire squad get 1 less attack, or have you just wasted your Disarm for the round? Note that by asking this I'm not suggesting that making it happen automatically would be too weak; I actually think it might create some interesting tactical decisions regarding who Ulfgar should attack: "do I attack this squad figure and waste my Disarm ability for the round, or do I risk a leaving engagement attack to attack my opponent's hero?" Overall, nice job designing a cool ability that's still relatively simple!

I had a couple other possible quibbles about the card. First, "Ulfgar" is pretty similar to "Utgar", was that deliberate? Again, that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just seemed odd to me to choose such a similar sounding name. Overall though its not a big deal. More importantly I worry that he may be just a TAD BIT too powerful given his point cost. He's currently priced at exactly the same points as Migol Ironwill and has pretty similar base stats, if you consider 2 attack deadly strike to be roughly equivalent to 4 attack without deadly strike. Their defensive abilities are quite different, with Migol holding up better against single large attacks, while Ulfgar will fare better against multiple smaller attacks. In the end its hard for me to say which unit will be more durable, so I would consider them to be roughly equal defensively. I could easily be proven wrong about that by someone who knows more about the game than I do though.

That leaves the only differences between them being Ulfgar's Disarm ability and four attack versus Migol's deadly strike and two attack. Even though I said that four attack is roughly equivalent to two attack with deadly strike, that isn't completely true because in heroscape its better as the offense to either roll a lot of skulls all at once or none at all, as this will on average get more wounds through the defense. Migol also obviously gets more of an advantage from height. Therefore, Migol is slightly better offensively than Ulfgar. However, I don't think Migol's offensive advantage is enough to balance Ulfgar's Disarm ability. Unless I know I'll be facing either a bunch of special attackers or units with 6 or more attack, I think I'd always prefer to use Ulfgar over Migol. However, I may be underestimating the difference between 4 normal and 2 deadly attack and overestimating the usefulness of Disarm. Only play testing can really tell!

Major J19 is also an interesting idea for a figure. It looks like you took the weakest aspects of Q10 and Q9 and repackaged them together for a cheaper point cost. He has VERY similar base stats to Q10, the only difference being that Q10 has one more range. Also, his Rotary Cannon seems somewhat like a severely nerved version of Q9's Queglix Gun as they both have the potential to make three attacks at three dice. Overall I like the simplicity of the design and the way in which you evoke similarities to Q9 and Q10 just through his stats and one special attack, while still creating a unit who I think will play differently enough from the other majors to warrant his creation as a custom.

One minor thing I would mention is that according to precedent, all heroscape major's have also had "major" as their class, including C3V's Major J15, while Major J19 is a "scout". Was there a specific synergy you had in mind for him to take advantage of by making him a scout? Like a lot of things I've mentioned, this isn't a huge deal, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I enjoyed seeing your other three units, but since I don't have as much experience with Einar Warlords, the thaelenk tundra set, or treasure glyphs, I'll leave those for someone else to comment on. Great work!
Old June 11th, 2015, 01:22 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
The last 5 of my Custom mystery box are now in the op.

@obfuscatedhippo I believe this prize came from you right?
The Custom Maker Mystery Box!!! Yeah, you have some nice designs here and are making good use of the random mini's from that prize : P

Keep up the good work!

I like Adrasteia's power mix. A better option than Parmenio for a Greek or Roman build and getting up to 4/6 stats is nice for a tight grouping of Einar Soldiers.

J19 is cool as well. That mini is pretty monstrous for a 'scout' though. The move-and-fire for the rotary cannons is a nice touch.

The Hippogriff is a nice (needed) combo of Theracus and the Wyvern. I could see running with that. You can bring Estivara along to boost your Spiders : P
Old June 11th, 2015, 11:02 AM
the above

The blade in Mechwarrior's wiki was described as a fast moving hit and run scout which is what i tried to capture with this design.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 7th, 2015, 04:23 AM

General J is surprisingly tart

I really like your Arthas (Lich King). I might reproduce it and playtest it.
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:43 PM

Dragnaxx32 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Photobucket got to you here as well. Would you mind updating the thread?
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:44 PM
the above

Might not be until Thursday but yeah totally will.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 21st, 2021, 10:28 PM
the above

Hey everybody! I am back after a long hiatus. Got my first new custom added to the home page. The figurine is a 3D scan of my actual face so I get to actually be on the board with the rest of my figures I got the figure at Gencon in 2018

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 21st, 2021, 10:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet. Welcome back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards