Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 21st, 2020, 12:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Roughly 192 if my mental math skills are workin. If only my printer didn't have so many fails so far. I could be even more buried in my pile of shame. Impressive WK.
Most if those were for other people. The Shades and Drow are for me.
I've decided to bolster my ranks first from when I sold a bunch awhile back. I wanted to get rid of a bunch of extra medical bills came on all at once instead of drain my savings. Afterwards, I'll probably make a bunch of these for prizes for the Utah scene. I know there are a bunch of Utah guys that would love to buy the resin models. I pointed them your way. If I catch up with my que, I may make them for them as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 22nd, 2020, 03:37 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Its late. Ive been printing like a madman. I just finished the count. Ive printed 100 models in the last 3 days. No fails. 16 build plates in a row with perfect prints. I did have one build plate of star wars commando droids that werent very thick and broke a few when removing supports. The scape figures are great for printing though. Im having loads of fun with it. So much fun. I love that I finally get to have some good looking flag bearers and multiples of others I just never got round to getting so many of. Im going to have to build more display shelves for heroscape. My scape wall in the mancave isnt going to be big enough.

Old October 24th, 2020, 03:44 AM
"like" happy

@White Knight , how are you printing Wo-Sa-Ga in resin? Did you print him solid or did you hollow him out. I am just trying out hollowing after researching different things. I should know how my Resin Wosaga will turn out in the morning. Also, I've been helping my brother get started printing on his Anycubic Photon. I didn't realize how much bigger his build plate is than mine. Holy Cow. I was able to put 3 squads of knights of weston on his build plate. Also able to put 4 swog riders with 2 squads of arrow gruts on a single plate. Much bigger than the Longer 10's. Making 12 models of knights of weston in less than 3.5 hours is pretty awesome. He's already made one set of 3x knights, and is making another to give him 6 squads in two plates. I'm having a blast with this resin stuff now that I got it going. I'll let you know how my WoSaGa hollowed model goes, and if it goes well, I'll share the Presupported stl.

Old October 24th, 2020, 02:54 PM
"like" happy

Update: I made a hollowed wosaga model and it printed beautifully in resin. You could make 2 wosagas for the resin amount of a solid one. Everything looks fantastic.If anyone is interested in the stl let me know.

Old October 24th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Someday, if I ever get mine set up.
Please post a pic though when you can.
Old October 24th, 2020, 03:51 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Someday, if I ever get mine set up.
Please post a pic though when you can.
Looks exactly like the solid one, but I have hollowed it out, leaving 1.5mm wall, and place 3 holes in the bottom of it. I also supported it, inside and outside of the model. It was fun holding it up to a light and watching the alcohol swish around inside the model.

Old October 24th, 2020, 04:10 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Update: I made a hollowed wosaga model and it printed beautifully in resin. You could make 2 wosagas for the resin amount of a solid one. Everything looks fantastic.If anyone is interested in the stl let me know.
Please share the file.

I haven't printed any of the large/huge Heroscape figures in resin yet. The largest I've printed are the Kyrie and the Water Elemental.

I've never hollowed a model out before, so I'm interested in how you did it. Where are the holes? Are you going to have to fill the holes?
Old October 24th, 2020, 04:38 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Please share the file.

I haven't printed any of the large/huge Heroscape figures in resin yet. The largest I've printed are the Kyrie and the Water Elemental.

I've never hollowed a model out before, so I'm interested in how you did it. Where are the holes? Are you going to have to fill the holes?
I hollowed the model out first in Chitubox. I set the wall diameter to 1.5 per a youtuber called Makers Muse. (He's Great) I watch another guy called 3d Printing Pro. I then placed three holes on the bottom of the wosaga model. One is larger, and the two others smaller. They are on the flat part of the bottom, so no need to fill the holes when done. I angled the model as I usually do to keep the majority of the top neck supports from putting as many supports on the "S" part of the model. When complete, you will flip him over and the remaining resin,(not much) will run out of the holes. I just tipped him over and let it drain back in my funnel. I also ran supports inside the model, so there were no islands inside the hollowed wosaga. It worked fantastic. I'll load the models up now. PS. I swished IPA inside the model as well, to clean up any wet resin residue that was left in there.

Old October 24th, 2020, 05:11 PM
"like" happy

@White Knight
Got them uploaded. I have a Hollowed Model with Holes, and a Hollowed/pre supported model.
Hollowed Wo-Sa-Ga

Hollowed Presupported Wo-Sa-Ga

Here are some videos that help out alot.

I also want to point out that the latest version of Chitubox should add supports to the inside of a hollowed model when using auto supports. I use auto supports, but generally go in and clean them up how I want, and add a few here and there.

Last edited by TREX; October 24th, 2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old October 25th, 2020, 12:26 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Grok Rider 3 (matte)

And that completes the Groks!
Old October 25th, 2020, 12:52 AM
"like" happy

@White Knight , I worked up a hollow Fen Hydra as well. Checked the stats on volume. 2 Hollow hydras for the same price as just a little more than the price of one solid one. I can upload those as well if you'd like. I fit two hollow fen hydras on my build plate. They will be done later tonight.

Old October 25th, 2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
@White Knight , I worked up a hollow Fen Hydra as well. Checked the stats on volume. 2 Hollow hydras for the same price as just a little more than the price of one solid one. I can upload those as well if you'd like. I fit two hollow fen hydras on my build plate. They will be done later tonight.
Yes, that would be awesome!

Eventually I'll upload my figures with posts on their feet and the matching bases with holes in them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing