Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I tried it when it was a calendar layout, but I never could get it to accept a posting. I'll give it a try and leave some feedback later today.

EDIT: just tried it again and I got the same thing. I fill out my event and hit the add event and get this:
Code:
DB Error: syntax error
I've tried changing things and simplifying things, but I always get the same thing.
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Where did the people who registered for the events go? It was displaying who was registered for an event. That let you know what kind of interest level it was generating.

Also I wasn't able to figure it out by copying and pasting code, but the events page needs a navigation menu like the rest of the pages for getting around the site.
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
OK maybe I'm just being daft, but does anybody else think that this thing is confusing and somewhat clunky?
Of course it is clunkier than the in-thread Registration feature.

The question is - if that was taken away (to fix the "p s y" error), is this the best solution possible? (edit - IT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. SO BRING BACK THE IN-THREAD REGISTRATION FEATURE)

It probably is. There are probably a limited number of popularly-accepted and tested Calender mods out there.

Does it impose a handicap to registering for events? Yes.
Does it drastically reduce the number of people that will be motivated enough to register a new account, log in and properly navigate that database? Yes.
Does it make it harder for interested event attendees to know who all is gonna be at an event? Yes.

But that's just the way it is.
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Quote:
OK maybe I'm just being daft, but does anybody else think that this thing is confusing and somewhat clunky?
Of course it is clunkier than the in-thread Registration feature.

The question is - if that was taken away (to fix the "p s y" error), is this the best solution possible? (edit - IT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. SO BRING BACK THE IN-THREAD REGISTRATION FEATURE)

It probably is. There are probably a limited number of popularly-accepted and tested Calender mods out there.

Does it impose a handicap to registering for events? Yes.
Does it drastically reduce the number of people that will be motivated enough to register a new account, log in and properly navigate that database? Yes.
Does it make it harder for interested event attendees to know who all is gonna be at an event? Yes.

But that's just the way it is.
It's brand freaking new and we are working on it. I wasn't talking about fixing the P s y errors I was talking about connectivty errors that we've been experiencing. And I dare you to find a better calendar/events function with registration features out there for little to no cost.

In thread registration will not be coming back. Period.
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Thank you GB, I was waiting for more people to come out and say what I was thinking. Don't be afraid to say what you really think people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
However, funrun, typing in Ohio didn't cause your event to show up. A lesson to all include your state in your gameday description for seach purposes, not just your city.
We need a guide to help people write event descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I tried it when it was a calendar layout, but I never could get it to accept a posting. I'll give it a try and leave some feedback later today.

EDIT: just tried it again and I got the same thing. I fill out my event and hit the add event and get this:
Code:
DB Error: syntax error
I've tried changing things and simplifying things, but I always get the same thing.
I got a similar error when I tried to put an apostrophe in a title of one of the categories. Most likely this is caused by some sort of character or combination thereof that the system doesn't like. That database is totally separate from the forums, so the p-s-y thing is not a factor to my knowledge.

Quote:
Where did the people who registered for the events go? It was displaying who was registered for an event. That let you know what kind of interest level it was generating.

Also I wasn't able to figure it out by copying and pasting code, but the events page needs a navigation menu like the rest of the pages for getting around the site.
My RSVP list is still there on the pop up page with event details. I can't wait to get to the heroscapers nav menu in there and other feature changes I have in mind.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
Quote:

My RSVP list is still there on the pop up page with event details. I can't wait to get to the heroscapers nav menu in there and other feature changes I have in mind.
Hmm, I used to be able to see all the RSVPs for all the threads... Now I don't see it in any of them. Did you change a setting so that only thread creators can see who has RSVP'd?
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, I used to be able to see all the RSVPs for all the threads... Now I don't see it in any of them. Did you change a setting so that only thread creators can see who has RSVP'd?
Nope. All the RSVP stuff looks the same to me.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I must have been in admin mode or something. :P That means you can't see who else has registered unless your running the event. Not sure I care for that. I guess if an event runner really wants to let people know who is attending the event they'll have to copy paste into the event details. Maybe when you RSVP for an event you can see who else has for that event.
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I must have been in admin mode or something. :P That means you can't see who else has registered unless your running the event. Not sure I care for that. I guess if an event runner really wants to let people know who is attending the event they'll have to copy paste into the event details. Maybe when you RSVP for an event you can see who else has for that event.

EDIT: We'll I can now see that Yanks entered the Cinci Tourney. I think when you switched things around anyone registered before the switch I can't see, anyone after I can... odd.

EDIT2: I can see all the RSVPs if I go into the admin events section and look through the events, but not as a regular user. :P
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can see who is registered for all events (Cinci, GC). So you are telling me you can't see who is RSVP for my Cinci event or Gencon?

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can see who is registered for all events (Cinci, GC). So you are telling me you can't see who is RSVP for my Cinci event or Gencon?
There is/was a bunch of people registered for the NorCal event. Can you see them? I can only see them if I go into admin those events. I can only see those who have registered after your changes outside of the admin area.
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Since you mentioned NorCal ...

I can only see the RSVPs via the "My RSVP" link or a seach
If I click on the event from the "home page" it only provides an option to RSVP (which I already have)

On the plus side, the event only lists me once when I double RSVP, however, the event shows up twice on "My RSVP" page. I was able to unregister from the extra RSVP without effecting my orignal RSVP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events