Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old April 18th, 2016, 04:16 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 3D Terrain Stl Files

I haven't played much with displacement maps, but this might help:

In the Displacement modifier:
Direction: Normal – Texture Coordinate: UV

Make sure that you have adjusted the UV maping of the texture to your mesh
Old April 18th, 2016, 04:53 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
@Teazia those transparent blue ones look awesome! Do you have a link to the filament? I've got some Coworkers who have been printing some random stuff for me (mostly RC related) but would love to print up some Heroscape tiles like this. The bridge and the 1 hex look awesome like that. Also, if you ever make your way up closer to ATL and want to get some games in hit me up! I'm in Sandy Springs.
@White Knight do you plan on posting the .STL for your 7 hex? That would be a handy one to have printable I feel like
Thanks for the kind words, I am currently residing in Asia and bought the filament locally, so I can't really share a link . It was marked sapphire blue, so maybe a search be fruitful (but maybe not). I was stateside a few months back, and if I get back for a longer stint, I'll be sure to drop you a line. Cheers
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post
what printers do you guys use? I'm in the market for one and wouldn't mind some advice from people I trust. my Brother is getting this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search but I would like one that can do bigger things too
@Cyber Controler , I am still debating if I want to pledge on this item (I believe I have like 50hrs left as of writing this) I have a 3D printer (Wanhao i3) and I am in the process of building my own resin based 3D Printer (its on the back burner as I am in college as time and money are things I have very little of) The concept behind it is sound in general but with-in the last few months there have been a few 3D related companies that have gone under and I know of other kickstarter 3D companies that didnt make it much passed launch either. However, this group seems to have invested allot and does seem to have a good item. My only issue is how small the print area is. Your max build area is about the size of a double-hex tile. Every 3D printer has it's own issues/things a user has to get use to and work with. As of right now no 3D printer is truly "user friendly" or "plug-and-play" that is with-in the average consumer price-range imo. They require some form of set-up or assembly. (bed leveling, extrusion rates, hot end temps, heated bed temps, etc) Most things are easily found online by people who have done lots of testing and research themselves. I personally love my current 3D printer (Wanhao i3 Duplicator) and would recommend it to anyone interested in 3D printing. If you're new to 3D printing I would suggest stay away from this company as theyre are using a new technology (day light resin) along with using ANY cell phone to cure the resin. There's just allot of unknowns and if you are not very tech savvy or willing to spend hours testing and debugging I wouldnt suggest it as a first printer. I am hoping that they have a great launch and I can recommend their next printers (theyre looking to do the same thing with tablets) to people looking to get into 3D printing. If you have any questions about 3D printing/3D printers feel free to PM me and Ill be glad to help as much as possible.

As for the selling of 3D printed things...if I understand things correctly... I can make someone a one-off if I charge them costs. This is, to my knowledge, allowed as there's no money being made by the one making the pieces. If the person wished to tip the person for their hard work and letting them use the machine for cost....well, that is completely up to the person and not in the agreement of having the piece made. Although, 3D printers can't exactly mass produce things and as long as everything is more custom work then exact replicas I dont think anyone would run into issues. I 3D print as a hobby when I have free time between my engineering classes.

I have a 3D file of the Valkyrie dice that I designed around here somewhere. I will try to find it and post a link later today. If WK doesnt mind I can help in designing 3D files for people if theyre looking for something specific. I can also print files for people if WK is ok with someone else printing the files he designed.

DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
I have a 3D file of the Valkyrie dice that I designed around here somewhere. I will try to find it and post a link later today. If WK doesnt mind I can help in designing 3D files for people if theyre looking for something specific. I can also print files for people if WK is ok with someone else printing the files he designed.

DragonSlayer2
Thanks DS2! I'd be happy if others wanted to help design and print 3D stuff. That's why I upload and share all my .stl files. I can share the Blender or ProE files also if needed.

It would also be great if someone could make a thread with the first page linking to all 3D .stl files available here on Heroscapers. That would make it easy for people to find what they need. The thread would need to be started by someone who will be good at keeping the front page updated.

How is your Wanhao i3 Duplicator at printing small stuff like Heroscape figures?. I can print them, but I lose detail on small features such as faces.
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I havent really tested printing miniatures on my printer yet. I've only been doing cos play props for people and the terrain for myself. Ill sit down and try printing of a miniature/miniature parts.

I can make a new thread to track everything but I am not sure if I am the best one to do it as I am still in college for engineering so it's not uncommon for me to just vanish for like a month or two before coming out of my cold damp dungeon they call lab.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
I can make a new thread to track everything but I am not sure if I am the best one to do it as I am still in college for engineering so it's not uncommon for me to just vanish for like a month or two before coming out of my cold damp dungeon they call lab.
If no one else volunteers I can do it. I'm on often, but I'm not very organized so updates might not always be timely...
Old April 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I'm too busy to keep a thread. But would love to have access to the blender files and learn something from them. And will try to design new pieces too, but can't promise anything, luckily I've got a lot of work right now.

As for the best quality-price printer that I know, I'd say it's the Hephestos 2. 800€ auto level, nice bed size, not too big and with .05mm max resolution.
Old April 19th, 2016, 04:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm online quite a lot and could be talked into maintaining a 3-D print file index. Just give me some direction for what you guys want or need, along with the file links. An image of what the link prints might be nice too.
Old April 20th, 2016, 04:09 AM

How about the often requested but never produced half hexes? I can see point to point and side to side being generally useful.
Old April 20th, 2016, 04:57 PM

What would be the use of a half hex?
Old April 20th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was going to ask the same thing.
I could see it for placing destructible objects or other terrain.
What would be cool would be a '1hex bridge piece', like a battlement, that could be used to make any length bridge(wall) you want.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
What would be the use of a half hex?
RPG Dungeons!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles