Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 7th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Cincy "Hippie Commune" Tournament 7/6/13

Cincinnati "Hippie Commune" Tournament Sat. 7/6/13

Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013

Time: 10:30ish AM to 5ish PM

10:30-11:30 - Setup/Registration
11:30-12:20 - Round 1
12:30-1:20 - Round 2
1:30-2:20 - Round 3
2:20-2:40 - Longer break (food, RR, etc.)
2:40-3:30 - Round 4
3:40-4:30 - Round 5
4:30-5:00 - Prizes/ clean up

Sci-Fi City, Cincinnati (Northgate Mall by Macy's, Exit 33 off I-275)
9527 Colerain Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45251
Store Phone: 513-245-9105

Concept:

Bring one 475 point (or less) army, 24 start spaces, partial card scoring. Please bring a small bag or container for your army as well.

C3V and SoV Figures WILL be allowed, although Marvel will not.

At the beginning of each round, all of the armies will be placed together in one area, and each player will randomly pick a number out of a hat, bag, or other receptacle. The players then choose from among the armies in the order of their chosen numbers. Each player will have 30 seconds "on the clock" before the next person gets to pick ahead of them. A player may decide to decline choosing, but this will place that player at the end of the order. Players are allowed to trade numbers if both parties agree to it. I will bring a few extra armies so that even the last player picking will have some options. Pairings and boards will be announced AFTER the armies are chosen. What this means is you will have absolutely no idea if you will play with the army you brought, against it, or even see it that day. Since the pool of armies is communal, it's kinda like a hippie commune… get it?!

Maps:

Spoiler Alert!

Treasure Glyph Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Entry fee/Prizes: No entry fee. If you provide a prize for the prize table, you can pick out one at the end. The top player will pick from the prize table first, etc. Prizes can be anything...Heroscape related, other games or even a gift certificate to somewhere. Sci-Fi City is a full-service game store, and they would probably appreciate your patronage since they are allowing us to use their space.

Need Extra Figures? I have nearly everything, except the most rare units. Let me know what you need (PM me so everyone doesn't know what you're bringing!), and if we're not using it we'll be happy to bring it for you to use!

Attendees:
( ). Johnnylama (I will be available to play if needed to round out pairs).
1. Wookie
2. Mooseman
3. Mooseman +1
4. Mooseman +1
5. Mooseman +1
6. FoJ
7. Stormshadow
8. TheAverageFan
9. CaptainAmazing

Possibles:
Jandar70
+2 with TheAverageFan

Total including possibles: 12

Changes from the Last Tournament:
Not much!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Last edited by Johnnylama; July 3rd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cincy "Hippie Commune" Tournament 7/6/13

This sounds quite fun. Too bad I'm too far away to come. :/

Have fun anyways Jonny!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:08 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sounds similar to killercactus' army auction that we did in northeast ohio a few years ago and was really fun. If it is not too late I reccomend that instead, otherwise if you only have one army based on a random draw, the people at the start have an extreme advantage, and the people at the end are pretty much guaronteed to loose unless they get lucky; but with an auction, then there is advantages to not getting the best army. Just my either way, I am sure it will be a lot of fun and something different than a normal tourney.

I need to update the Ohio scapers thread to add this tourney, the one I am hosting, and ones in Dayton and western PA, not to mention update the list of scapers to add new ones and possibly remove inactive players/users.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Interested!!

Sounds great.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Yes it does sound interesting. ClanCampbell ran something similar last month in Baltimore, MD, but we only drew from the units that we and our current opponent for each round brought. It made for some strange combinations. BTW: My 4x Wyverns, Fyorlag Spiders (for bonding), and Izumi Samurai (for protection) did horribly; I ended up with 3 losses and then 2 wins which were very, very close matches.

Anyway, thanks for the invite. But it's a long way from the Jersey Shore (near Atlantic City) to where??? Ohio. Best wishes to all the participants. Funny coincidences though: It's at Northgate Mall and one of my NJ buddies' user name is Northgate, maybe he should attend -haha- and I found a Sci-Fi City the last time I was in Orlando, FL (awesome store); I wonder if they are affiliated?

Have A Nic eDay; - ) ~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All 4 of the gang should be able to make it

Also, I had another potential idea/suggestion for the format. Since luck of picking order seems like it will heavily influence the outcome of the games, what if every other round, instead of picking new numbers, we reverse the order of the previous round. For example: round one I get first pick and my brother gets last. Round two, rather than picking new numbers, my brother gets first pick and I get last. Round 3 we pick a new order, round 4 is the reverse of round 3. Round 5 is another new order.

I think this will help alleviate some problems with the format, since there won't be anybody stuck picking late every round. Its still random orders, but the value of getting first or last is evened out, since you will be getting compensated for it next round.

If you want to reduce the swingyness of this format even further, consider pairing rounds 1 and 2, and 4 and 5, and put 3 as the unpaired round. This way somone going into round 4 with a good score won't be knocked out of winning contention becuase of a bad draft order pick on the last round, they will know more what to expect on the last round.

Just a suggestion
Old June 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds interesting! I will try to be there with my best/worst army. Hopefully I can make it...sorry about the last tourney. -_-

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

The Triangle Will Be There: Wookie, Father Of Julian, And Stormshadow.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country that day. This looks like fun, though, and I hope everything goes well.
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Why do these always happen on days I can't make it!?!?!?

7.9 is my daughter's birthday!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:57 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sounds similar to killercactus' army auction that we did in northeast ohio a few years ago and was really fun. If it is not too late I reccomend that instead, otherwise if you only have one army based on a random draw, the people at the start have an extreme advantage, and the people at the end are pretty much guaronteed to loose unless they get lucky; but with an auction, then there is advantages to not getting the best army. Just my either way, I am sure it will be a lot of fun and something different than a normal tourney.

I need to update the Ohio scapers thread to add this tourney, the one I am hosting, and ones in Dayton and western PA, not to mention update the list of scapers to add new ones and possibly remove inactive players/users.
One format based on a capitalistic auction, and another based on a communistic hippie commune-- ha! That format does sound interesting, though. I was going for simplicity with this one.

Updating Ohio Scapers would be nice-- I've used it in the past to look for people who might be interested in tournaments. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Anyway, thanks for the invite. But it's a long way from the Jersey Shore (near Atlantic City) to where??? Ohio. Best wishes to all the participants. Funny coincidences though: It's at Northgate Mall and one of my NJ buddies' user name is Northgate, maybe he should attend -haha- and I found a Sci-Fi City the last time I was in Orlando, FL (awesome store); I wonder if they are affiliated?

Have A Nic eDay; - ) ~ John G.
For some reason I had you on my "local" list-- maybe it was someone else with a similar name?! I think Sci-Fi City is a chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
All 4 of the gang should be able to make it

Also, I had another potential idea/suggestion for the format. Since luck of picking order seems like it will heavily influence the outcome of the games, what if every other round, instead of picking new numbers, we reverse the order of the previous round. For example: round one I get first pick and my brother gets last. Round two, rather than picking new numbers, my brother gets first pick and I get last. Round 3 we pick a new order, round 4 is the reverse of round 3. Round 5 is another new order.

I think this will help alleviate some problems with the format, since there won't be anybody stuck picking late every round. Its still random orders, but the value of getting first or last is evened out, since you will be getting compensated for it next round.

If you want to reduce the swingyness of this format even further, consider pairing rounds 1 and 2, and 4 and 5, and put 3 as the unpaired round. This way somone going into round 4 with a good score won't be knocked out of winning contention becuase of a bad draft order pick on the last round, they will know more what to expect on the last round.

Just a suggestion
We can do whatever everyone wants; I just didn't want to make it too complicated. Maybe make a rule that you're only allowed to play the same army once? That might mix it up a bit. Also, there shouldn't be a problem if people bring "meh" armies instead of power armies! I'm bringing about 5 extras to add to the pool, so there should be plenty of choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Why do these always happen on days I can't make it!?!?!?

7.9 is my daughter's birthday!
7/9 was the only day around there that the store was available. Sorry about your luck! I'll keep you updated when we have 'em.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Last edited by Johnnylama; June 17th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

One format based on a capitalistic auction, and another based on a communistic hippie commune-- ha! That format does sound interesting, though. I was going for simplicity with this one.

Updating Ohio Scapers would be nice-- I've used it in the past to look for people who might be interested in tournaments. Thanks!

I updated the Ohio Scapers thread to not only post this tournament but also add a list of scapers with semi-colons good for PMing. Let me know if you need me to add/remove anyone to the list.

Any any newer players seeing this tourney thread can post to the Ohio thread to announce themselves and I will add them to the list.

Hope it goes well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events