Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Holocron of The Battle for Mygeeto

The Holocron of The Battle for Mygeeto

Small Expansion 5: Reinforcements for the Battlefront

A HOSS Competitive Map
A HOSS BATTLEFRONT Map

Original design by TREX

Required sets: 2 Castle, 1 TT, & 1BFTU
*This map uses an optional set of HoSS DO Anti Infantry Battery X2

Map Bio -Located on the Outer Rim but boasting valuable resources, Mygeeto has seen it's share of battles over the years. In the time of the Republic, Banking Clans, Trade Federations, and Criminal Cartels each fought to gain control over it's resources. War with the Republic itself came to Mygeeto during the Clone Wars, and when the Empire rose to replace the Rebublic the Empire seized the planet for itself. The Rebel Alliance later tried to free Mygeeto from the Empires' rule, hoping to cut off one source of the Empires resources in the Outer Rim while gaining a new source of supplies for it's own military needs. ______________________________________________________________

-Special rules and Clarifications-
• Castle Doors are not used on this map.
This HoSS map incorporates some HoSS Destructible Objects. Their location is marked on the map by different colored start zone dots.
-Figures are not allowed to Leap/fly or shoot over voids.
BOSS Battlefront rules are used. Included in PDF.
Green Dots = Places for the Anti Infantry Batteries
__

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest:TREX
• Second playtest:PORKINS
• Third playtest:TREX
-PDF created by:TREX

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by Porkins; May 4th, 2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old March 24th, 2017, 02:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Design Holocron of The Battle for Mygeeto

I just noticed I forgot to put a couple of the battlements on top of the castle wall pieces on the RL pics. Most of those couple I forgot are for looks only.

Last edited by TREX; March 31st, 2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old April 1st, 2017, 05:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd honestly most likely leave off the second story wall sections if I were to build it for myself. They are not holding up any playable areas and will only get in the way when reaching in to move minis around. I don't really recall all that much from the bridge scene other than Ki getting gunned down, it wasn't all the long of a scene, so I'm not sure the map needs to look a certain way. It is not as iconic a location as say the Emperor's Throne Room.
Old April 1st, 2017, 07:52 PM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , I'm going to leave the second story pieces on for now. After you build it and have a go on it, we should discuss it again. I really like the look of it. Those pieces didn't get in the way when we played on it at all. The pieces that are used are in there pretty sweet. There isn't a ton of terrain available that is leftover with that build. Like I said before, that is like version 3 or 4.

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:47 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm building Mygeeto right now. I noticed that the start zones are uneven; one has 30, the other 27.
Old April 8th, 2017, 04:14 AM
"like" happy

I need to remove a couple of the sz dots at the rear of the one start zones.

Old April 13th, 2017, 02:15 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The build time on this was long...it probably took me 2 hours of unfocused build time (I was watching a movie at the same time). But the fact that I had to pull out parts from so many different expansions slowed me down. Overall I like this map a lot, but there are a few things that need a bit of changing up:

- Are there more tiles left, particularly single hex to stack up for support of some of the stairs? The ladder thing is nifty, but I'd prefer actual tiles.
- Correct the number of start zone spaces.
- Remove the three wall segments at the edge of the start zones (with the red X). They serve no purpose except maybe aesthetic, but they are annoying because you can't see into your start zone when seated next to the map.
- The middle section of the map is a useless no man's land. It's already scary enough to run towards an Anti-Personnel Gun, but then add to that a large pond, and it now takes fully four turns to get from one side to the other. This forces you to go down near the CP where there is ice and cover from the glaciers. I suggest removing some or all of the water in the middle. If you want to keep water, make it a single hex wide.
- The middle area on the ground level close to the upper level (where the shadow tiles are) is also not usable, again due to the lack of cover from the A-P Gun and the water. Since the rock formation at the nearer edge of the map is not useful, I think it would be cool to move it where the two single hex rocks are and leave a single hex pathway behind the rock to traverse from one side to the other. This gives another method of threatening the opponent's Big Gun. Again, remove the water, or maybe leave one hex of water.
- Add a ladder in the middle, behind the rock formation.
- Add a second level of wall segment to the two middle-ish walls to give a little bit more cover for the upper level from the gun.
- The battlement on the forward edge of the upper left and right hand side is great! A figure can hide there from the Gun. Consider adding some more of them.
- Consider removing one layer of 7-hex below the A-P Guns. It's hard enough to run across the watery ice field, only to have to climb a hill to be able to assault the gun.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:23 AM
"like" happy

Okay. So ill try to adjust some of the changes mentioned above. The map is built with 2 castle sets. One dungeon. One tundra. I used all the terrain that it comes with except all the battlements. Dropping the guns down is doable. Removing the pieces of wall by the sz's is doable. Moving the rock formations around in the bottom middle works. There isnt too many extra tiles in there to get rid of the water tiles but I could try to move it around. There arent any extra ladders how it sits. Unless the entire bridge comes down. Adding more los blockers on the bridge is good. @Porkins thanks for the write up. After work ill play with the file and see what I can do with the changes. Part of the raised turrets and other bits was to use some terrain that is in the set while still hiding it. Notice that you cant see any grass.

Old April 13th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Yeah, I wasn't sure how resource limited the build was, but I figured that's what was driving the ladder supports and stuff. With that said, it's not unreasonable to expect that someone who has 1 Tundra, 2 Castles and 1 Dungeon set will also have at least 1 MS1 or MS2 to draw more standard tiles from...if that helps. I could tell that you were trying to prevent grass tiles from being seen. You did a good job on that!

I also like that if a figure is standing on the CP at the top of the stairs, that the the Gun on the opposite side of the map (the opponent's Gun) can threaten them. It makes you cautious about teleporting reinforcements up there. I don't think adding the two columns near the middle will block that LOS. However, if adding those columns does block LOS, then we should not add them.
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:24 AM
"like" happy

I'm going to try all your suggestions. I may be able to free enough ladders up to give that one ladder that is an actual ladder in the middle from freeing up the stuff under those dungeon 7 hexes. I agree that there needs to be a little more cover on the top but not by the CP's. I like that the gun can touch those, it keeps it intense and keeps the value of the guns. I found as well that any time your up on the bridge you are subject to being blasted by the guns. I like that, but it would be nice to have a couple little hiding places up there. I'll build it again tonight after the tweaks. Side note: I found it was easier to attach the 3 or so ladder pieces to the wall columns before placing them in. It took me about 25 minutes to build this map. I have all my different types of terrains stored in different totes so there was no hunting for pieces.

Old April 13th, 2017, 07:31 PM
"like" happy

Hey @Porkins , here are the new vs file and image.
VS FILE

Old April 19th, 2017, 01:41 PM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , @Porkins , I updated the Mygeeto map with all of porkins fixes. I left the CP positions in the startzones because of a valid point by porkins. It forces you to try to defend your start zone instead of just run from it. I'm going to build this one again and see how it goes. It looks as if it will be even more fun than the other time I played on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape