Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Rats x 3 120
Q9 180
Stingers x 2 120
Raelin (ROTV) 80
total 500 19 hexes
3xMinions
Atlaga
1xGladiatrons
500/14

~Aldin, e-Rat-icator

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Repulsors x 3 120 (120), 12 hexes
Sir Gilbert x 1 105 (225), 1 hex
Shaolin Monks x2 140 (365) 6 hexes
KMA 100 (465) 1 hex
Isamu 10 (475) 1 hex
Dumatef Guard 25 (500) 2 hexes

Repulsors engage all the Soulborgs while the Shaolin attack the Stingers and/or rats, Isamu coasts his way to kill Raelin, the Dumguard engages Q9 or at least occupies some of his mindshare while the Repulsors get close.

<edit> I thought you were a financial planner, Aldin, not a Ninja!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Rats x 3 120
Q9 180
Stingers x 2 120
Raelin (ROTV) 80
total 500 19 hexes
3xMinions
Atlaga
1xGladiatrons
500/14

~Aldin, e-Rat-icator
I'll try to find time for this tonight, but my money is on the Rats. With 12 Rats, I question whether the Minions will be able to bypass the screen. Even if they can, without special attacks, the Minion army will get swarmed by Rats. With the Stingers juicing, I say that the Rat/Q9/Stinger/Raelin army wins easily.

Last edited by Rich10; July 20th, 2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
3xMinions
Atlaga
1xGladiatrons
500/14

~Aldin, e-Rat-icator

Repulsors x5
Omnicron Snipers x3
Total 500/24 start spaces

Repulsors screen and make Glads scared. Snipers gun down the army. Bolt of Witherwood rendered useless.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Repulsors x 3 120 (120), 12 hexes
Sir Gilbert x 1 105 (225), 1 hex
Shaolin Monks x2 140 (365) 6 hexes
KMA 100 (465) 1 hex
Isamu 10 (475) 1 hex
Dumatef Guard 25 (500) 2 hexes

Repulsors engage all the Soulborgs while the Shaolin attack the Stingers and/or rats, Isamu coasts his way to kill Raelin, the Dumguard engages Q9 or at least occupies some of his mindshare while the Repulsors get close.

<edit> I thought you were a financial planner, Aldin, not a Ninja!
With a fairly thin rat screen, the Monks aren't a particular worry. I say that I can pick off the repulsors with Q9 or Stingers (no drain) as fast as they can come in. When I played with the Repulsors, I couldn't manage to keep them alive. I must not roll vanish as well as others, but I'm guessing that Isamu gets picked off (he does when I play with him). This is tough, but I still go with Rats/Q9/Stingers/Raelin.
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Rich10, you're missing the point. Part of the original post says NOT to go with tier 1 armies. Part of the clear intent of the thread is NOT to argue with whether or not your army could be beaten by the following army. The point is to have fun playing with HS figure synergies. Personally, I think it's most fun when you manage to suggest something that ought to work, but uses oddball unit combinations to accomplish it.

For example, I was going to post a counter to the Marrden Hound army with Major X17 in it - he's a perfect counter, but one we rarely think of.

~Aldin, pondering clancampbell's soulborg slide

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Repulsors x5
Omnicron Snipers x3
Total 500/24 start spaces
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

~Aldin, crushing his foes - one metal carapace at a time

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Rich10, you're missing the point. Part of the original post says NOT to go with tier 1 armies. Part of the clear intent of the thread is NOT to argue with whether or not your army could be beaten by the following army. The point is to have fun playing with HS figure synergies. Personally, I think it's most fun when you manage to suggest something that ought to work, but uses oddball unit combinations to accomplish it.

For example, I was going to post a counter to the Marrden Hound army with Major X17 in it - he's a perfect counter, but one we rarely think of.

~Aldin, pondering clancampbell's soulborg slide
I do not see that in the original post. Still, it is more fun to win with "less used" figures.

As a non traditional counter to
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

The volley attack of the Archers should give problems to the heros. The Obsidians are a strong (but overpriced) melee force. The Yari can encircle and do clean up.

Last edited by Rich10; July 20th, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

Q10-150
Nilfy-185 (I really like this guy don't I?)
Kaemon Awa-120
Marro Warriors-50
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

Q10 (150/150)
x3 Marrden Hounds (270/420)
Raelin RotV (80/500)

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30
Dwarves x2 -Own Stinkeye
Migol -OSD should let him live long enough to at least put a hurtin' on Drake.
Tagawa Samurai -Juice up on the EOV, then go after Drake/Stinkeye whatever's left
Marcu -ties down the walking timebomb until the infamous whiff.
Ninjas of the Northern Wind -They're tricksy enough to clean up.

This one will be easy for the next one to beat, but I think it goes well against the above army.

Edit: My ninja's not ninja'd.
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
As a non traditional counter to
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

The volley attack of the Archers should give problems to the heros. The Obsidians are a strong (but overpriced) melee force. The Yari can encircle and do clean up.
Beautiful, Rich10; that's the spirit. A very weak army in general, that nevertheless has great structural advantages over its opponent.

To counter that, I'll go with

130 DW8k
120 Ashigaru Harqebus x2
60 Izumi Samurai
80 Thorgrim TVC
110 Brunak

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion