Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 26th, 2021, 03:27 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

The CMON Twitter Account reports that although they sent out a few Game Mats separately already from Florida, the first actual Ankh: Gods of Egypt games shipped out to us backers today! 25% of them were just released from a secondary quarantine in South China, and won't arrive until mid August. Four of us here backed, so that's how many chances we have to win this lottery and get one sooner than that!

Meanwhile, my copy of Empire Of The Stars is ironically stuck here in NYC, awaiting truck space to ship down to Florida, so that mine can then be shipped back here. What'cha gonna do?

Last edited by chas; November 27th, 2021 at 05:14 AM.
Old November 27th, 2021, 05:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wow; nobody has posted here for four months! Could it be the Pandemic that has slowed down both backing and receiving games these days?

The Gamefound campaign for Spring and Autumn: Story of China (Mr. B. Games) has a draft page up now, and starts Dec. 1. This is a sequel to the excellent Hellenica: Story of Greece, which I own. The Leaders & Legends Expansion for the latter is due here in December; its one of the last PrePandemic campaigns I backed so long ago! I also have the Game Mat coming for it, because the many troop and building minis crowd the original mapboard. It will be the very first game mat I've purchased. I usually go Game Play All In, which skips game mats, art books, and other "pure bling."

A beautiful "overproduced" design by a small company, these games are not offered at retail afterwards, and so are worth researching ahead of time! I've played Hellenica several times before the Pandemic hit, and play tested the China game with the designer. Its just different enough that I feel its worth getting. Plus games on China are very rare in the hobby, as opposed to those on Japan. My copy of [I]The Great Wall (Awaken Realms) is the other game due here in December; its the other PrePandemic order I'm waiting on! [/I] While TGW is a hybrid Euro, S&A is a 3 1/2 X Strategy game.

Last edited by chas; February 3rd, 2022 at 08:22 PM.
Old November 29th, 2021, 12:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I backed a few things in the last few months, but no board games:
  • The Practical Guide to Becoming a Great GM
  • The Lazy DM's Companion (including Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master and Lazy DM's Workbook)
  • The Battlezoo Bestiary + Battlezoo Ancestries: Dragons + Jewel of the Indigo Isles campaign for Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 19th, 2021, 08:29 AM

LONG DELAYED SHIPMENTS FINALLY INCOMING!

The Great Wall (Awaken Realms) is now finally being delivered to gamers all over the USA; the rest of the world got it earlier--even Canadians! I got to play it once here with a new BGG contact who got his on EBay (Core Game only) a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it. Now my copy's status was just changed to "Ready For Shipping," the publisher reports 78% shipped and 7% received so far.

Hellenica: Story of Greece Leaders and Legends Expansion (Mr. B Games) is now delayed until late January. Shipping delays totally blew all their deadlines. This will also include my first ever purchased Game Mat.

These are the final two of six PrePandemic KS backs I did. The others, which came in over the last few months, were Titans, Empire of the Stars, Ankh: Gods of Egypt, and Rurik: Dawn of Kiev Stone and Blade Expansion.

In order to speed up Leaders & Legends, the sequel game Spring and Autumn: Story of China just had its Gamefound campaign cancelled after funding! It will reappear on Kickstarter, probably also in January. This is the last game I'll probably back for a while now; I've play tested it with the designer on TTS.

Although I've played everything I've received so far, there are advanced modules/expansions still to be explored!
Old December 20th, 2021, 10:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I ended up backing Pathfinder: Arena at the last minute. I went in at the standee-level; I didn't feel like paying for a bunch of unpainted minis, especially since I was so on-the-fence about the game in the first place.

Is the kickstarter-resale market still hot for games with unpainted-minis? Maybe I should have done it for that reason...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 21st, 2021, 11:40 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The last game I backed was last year. Massive Darkness 2. I was intrigued with backing it from backing the first one and had planned at going all in. But months and months later when the pledge manager had finally came available, I had been 3D printing a whole lot with my resin printers and decided that I really didn’t need to kickstart games for all the monster models when I had so many already combined with 3D printing pretty much whatever I wanted alacart. I ended up just picking up the base pledge with a deck of crossover cards and called it a day. Not sure about other gamers, but I’ve found that once I have a certain number of games, I simply cannot find time or players to get them all played. I also don’t enjoy waiting a year + for a game. I’ve found some arrive, and I don’t really care to play them at that point. The hype isn’t there after the wait. It was especially like this for the darksouls game. By the time I received the stretch goal add on content a couple years later, I didn’t bother even touching it.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 08:23 PM

The Kickstarter for Spring and Autumn: Story of China was just posted up as starting March 1. Until then, check it out here on BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...mn-story-china
Old March 1st, 2022, 12:09 PM

After being withdrawn on Gamefound and reoffered on Kickstarter as of today, Spring and Autumn: Story of China, is here, and I've backed it. This is the excellent sequel to Hellenica: Story of Greece.

I've play tested the new China game with the designer and its a honey! Now in the mean time for the next year I'll be playing Hellenica with its new expansion and Game Mat just recently arrived.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 07:47 AM

Spring and Autumn: Story of China just barely funded, but is still available for Late Backing/Preorder. Its unfortunate, because this amazing design by the small company Mr. B Games should be more widely known. I'm in for both the Minis version and the Game Mat. This is the last KS I plan to back, having finally gotten the six games I backed before the Pandemic! Time to pull in my horns, as many of us are now doing.

The Great Wall, which I've played now many times will now be available on a second Kickstarter for a second print run by Awaken Realms. I've played it almost 20 times now, although mostly solitaire.
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:18 PM

After hours of research, backed Dune: War For Arrakis during the final stretch of the week long campaign. By CMON, with IP from GF9, and designers from Ares from War of the Ring. With only 32 hours to go for the KS Campaign, its just hit $970,000. So I won't be the only one playing it next year. Due Oct. 2023. Last chance to check it out!

Magnificent production, perfect designers, and its DUNE. 2 Players (or 1-4 if you like) in only 3 hours. Wow. Expensive, though.
Old September 30th, 2022, 10:03 AM

Follow Up on Dune: War For Arrakis:

1. Even King of Average, perhaps CMONs loudest critic on youtube, listed the Carryall Pledge as one of the five top crowdfunding bargains around right now. This is the "Game Play All In" level I backed at, which includes everything but the Game Mat. Its currently available for late backing.

2. After only a week long KS, the game raised over $1,600,000.

3. Something I've never seen before was one of the designers posting on the KS Comments page a long list of areas being considered for further rules changes. These are being looked at in response to comments by TTS players. They still have a development period left before production begins, and it sounds like they are being very serious about these issues.
Old October 21st, 2022, 10:48 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After falling pretty hard for Black Plague, I backed Zombicide Undead or Alive. U.S. shipments are supposed to begin happening soon. Looking forward to playing on Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games