Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old July 26th, 2009, 07:42 PM

TemplarMaster has disabled reputation
Re: A_Train's Pictured Battle Reports / Predict the Victor

Chazz
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Highways and Dieways is not a good map for the sniper/repulsor combo since they require a lot of order markers to get setup and used properly, and it's pretty difficult to vacate the start zone efficiently on the map.

I'll vote for Chazz.
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Chazz. He'll probably lose, but I like Protectors.

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Oh boy. Yes, Atlaga and the Protectors lose some of their main advantages when they aren't fighting heroes, but range with flying provides impressive versatility. If they can take the hill first (seems likely) they'll be raining down 3 ranged attacks of 4 each turn.

Still, A_Train has 21 figures to Chazz's 13, and whether or not they have weaker attacks, they have a greater base range, and, most importantly, they are only dealing with 3 (against height, 4) defense. However, the repulsors also lose their advantage with no Soulborgs to fight. And yet, they're only 120 points of A_Train's army.

Ah... this match so much depends on tactics, maneuvering and momentum. And I can't guarantee exactly how that will play out.

I can see Chazz washing over A_Train's army. I can also see Chazz killing three snipers, and A_Train laughing in his face (well... I assume you're more sportsman like than that).

um...

eh....

AAHH......

A_Train. I feel the protectors will dominate the map in a spacial sense, but even just a few rolls of one attack die from the snipers can cause interesting challenges for Chazz's figures, and with 21 pieces, A_Train can afford to wait for those wonderful rolls to happen.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

Darn. 1-1. Come on Chazz you can do it! I know you can. You have the advantage of flying and range.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

5-0 I'm going for the record. I will vote for A-Train, he most likely knows the strengths and weaknesses of the snipers and how to protect them using the repulsers. As long as A-Train focuses on taking hight and keeping it he should win. COME ON A_TRAIN YOU KIN DO IT!!!!
FBD88

P.S. Nice win Mike aka Newguy. I now, I now you are known as newguy but I prefer Mike if you don't mind.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Chazz

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Definitely A_Train.

5-7.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:27 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Chazz

The repulsors are really only good against soulborgs. The Protectors should be able to get height and take apart the Omnicrons.
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

32-28 (+4)

I like A_Train in this battle.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

At first I thought Chazz, but after some considerable thinking I believe A Train will come out on top. I think A-Train might have an advantage because he is using units that have been around long enough that he should know how to use them, unlike Chazz's army which is still relatively new.
2-2
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright Chazz and the Protectors:

vs

A_train and the Omnicrons:

Ok first off, two errors in the match.
First one is my 4 squads of Omnicrons. Look at my start zone, I managed to forget to place 4 Snipers. (This happened by grabbing two handfuls of Omnicrons, going to get beers, then setting up my startzone).
I felt it was fair to put them in the empty spaces of my Startzone, but Chazz, desperate for a victory, since he's only beaten my like 3 times ever, refused. Seriously, in a casual game? That sucks for me, heh.

The second mistake, also mine, was that after moving the Repulsors, I began rolling for Circuitory Overload on Repulsors I did not move. Chazz thought that I only had to roll for the ones I moved, and at the time, it made sense. They seemed over powered otherwise. So I glanced at the card, and read as far as "After moving, and before attacking" and then assumed it meant only the ones I would have moved.
So would I have lost 4 Snipers to CO? Who knows, but I was starting short handed.
Didn't want to relay that story before people voted. I thought someone may pick up on the lack of Snipers, but no one did.

A Repulsor gets the first kill of the game with a single dice.

A boosted Repulsor gets the second kill.

Then the protectors begin to strike, killing two.

Now that the Snipers have moved in, they begin to use their greater range to their advantage.

The Protectors strike down Repulsors and Snipers alike.

More aggressive Repulsor attacks payoff.

The Protectors kill another Sniper.

Then the Snipers go off, slaying three of Ullar's Kyrie in one turn.

Atlaga falls soon after.

Chazz doesn't give up...

But the Omnicrons are just too much.

Killing a Repulsor does little to stop the Omnicron momentum.

And finally, despite starting shorthanded, the Omnicrons easily win.

A_Train wins...easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
A_Train. I like the snipers a lot against expensive figures, and there are no heroes to arbalest. Don't forget to attack with the repulsors, because 2 attack (height or one is adjacent) can totally kill 3 defence.
For sure, using the Repulsors to attack, really got me going in the beginning of the match. Of course, Chazz had some unlucky defense rolls, whiffing 4 dice against a single skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
Chazz.

Positioning for ranged attacks is difficult on this map so I think the mobility of the Protectors will win out.
The mobility of the Protectors didn't relaly pay off in this setting, as the greatest elevation to climb, was 1 step. If there were more chances for the Kyrie to maintain an elevation I could not, then it may have been closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Since I don't even have wave 9 yet, I have no idea who is better. But, through experience voting on your battles, I'll have to say A_Train since you know a good deal more tactics and strategies than Chazz.
Much appreciated, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
5-0 I'm going for the record. I will vote for A-Train, he most likely knows the strengths and weaknesses of the snipers and how to protect them using the repulsers. As long as A-Train focuses on taking hight and keeping it he should win. COME ON A_TRAIN YOU KIN DO IT!!!!
FBD88

P.S. Nice win Mike aka Newguy. I now, I now you are known as newguy but I prefer Mike if you don't mind.
Newguy prefers to be called Mike as well, but that doesn't mean we do it.

You're up to 6-0 now. No pressure, heh.
Seriously, no pressure, I'm rooting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
I can also see Chazz killing three snipers, and A_Train laughing in his face (well... I assume you're more sportsman like than that).
I try to be a good sportsman, but its hard when you win all the time. I kid, I kid.

Alright, next battle is between Patrick and myself, on Longheroscaper's Tri Peaks:

The glyphs in use were random, we did not use the shown Attack Glyph.

The Armies:

Patrick: Zelrig, Major Q10, James Murphy and Guilty McCreech

vs

A_Train: Roman's x 4, Marcus Gallus, Ne Gok Sa, Me Burq Sa and Isamu.

Predictions and comments?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports