Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old May 11th, 2018, 12:39 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline April 13th, word limit 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Okay, here's my idea:

Spoiler Alert!

Could be really interesting both story and writing-wise. And it could be interesting to revisit some of the older Entries and their original prompts. What do you think?

~TAF
Now that IS an interesting idea. Involves a lot of reading for the judge, mind you. Would take more set up for the writers, and could be more constricting than usual (barring the 'fifty years later' opening).

I'd be up for it.

~TGRF, half tempted to write a sequel to Bro-man's 20K word entry...
Old May 11th, 2018, 03:50 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad you like it Let's see if anyone else bites though so it's a competition for sure.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 17th, 2018, 02:42 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I’m down for the new comp.

Sad I didn’t get to see the story for my prompt though. Maybe while TG I and the others write our entries TAF, as judge, you can finish your Raelyn and Drake entry, yeah?

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:10 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I’m down for the new comp.

Sad I didn’t get to see the story for my prompt though. Maybe while TG I and the others write our entries TAF, as judge, you can finish your Raelyn and Drake entry, yeah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I have an idea for a Prompt, but I'd only want to do it if I know for certain we'll get a competition out of it because I do really like it.

@Elven Lord since the Judge rarely does anything but wait during the competition, I could also continue trying to get out my entry while the others work on their stuff. That way you still get that story you want.

~TAF
Wish granted.

Seriously though... it's Raelin. I will continue to defend the names of fictional characters to the last.

~TGRF.
Old May 17th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Best Prompt ever!

I was going to try something like that if I ever had the chance.
I was going to make it more open, so it could be a sequel, prequel, tangent etc.

I really like the choose another writer's work requirement.

Last edited by Tornado; May 17th, 2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: witer's ~ sheesh
Old May 17th, 2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Best Prompt ever!

I was going to make it more open, so it could be a sequel, prequel, tangent etc.

I really like the choose another witer's work requirement.
I was thinking the other day a sequel could be good too. One could even take the opportunity to make a side character they really liked a central character for a sequel/prequel too. If TAF allows, of course.

I would be down for giving this a shot. Would anyone else actually enter?

~TGRF.
Old May 17th, 2018, 07:22 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Best Prompt ever!

I really like the choose another writer's work requirement.
I'd prefer a sequel over a prequel or tangent, but I'd say those are fine too if you must.

If we actually have more than one willing participant, then I say let the games begin!
Word Limit: 30000, Due Date: End of next month

~TAF, will work on his entry for EL's prompt

Old May 17th, 2018, 07:50 PM

Due to mutual agreement and expressed interest, I am declaring a new prompt.
Quote:
Write a sequel to an Entry previously submitted in the Fan Fiction Competition. It doesn't have to have won or even necessarily have been completed, as long as it was submitted. But there is one condition: the chosen Entry must be one that you didn't write.

Make sure you include a link to the original story.

Can you both continue the story and characterization of the first in a satisfying way and emulate the style of the original writer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF
I'd prefer a sequel over a prequel or tangent, but I'd say those are fine too if you must.
Word Limit: 30,000, Due Date: End of next month

Judge: TheAverageFan

Let the writing begin!

~TGRF, formalizing.

Last edited by TGRF; May 17th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old May 17th, 2018, 08:28 PM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline June 30th, word limit 30,000

Also, make sure to have a link to the original story when you submit your entry.

~TAF

Old May 17th, 2018, 08:53 PM

I do have to say I feel like I have an unfair advantage in the field of emulating the original style. I naturally mimic what I read.

~TGRF, considering what story to use.
Old May 20th, 2018, 02:52 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I do have to say I feel like I have an unfair advantage in the field of emulating the original style. I naturally mimic what I read.

~TGRF, considering what story to use.

So do I. Can you post a link to that place where you put all the previous entries?

Watch, I'm going to back like 3 years and use a dinosaur.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old May 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord;
So do I. Can you post a link to that place where you put all the previous entries?

Watch, I'm going to back like 3 years and use a dinosaur.
Fan Fic Contest Archive

I believe that should contain everything you need.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction