Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old March 13th, 2018, 01:50 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline March 8th, word limit 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Overall, I do want this to be primarily a LOVE story
Oh. Oh no.

I will do what I can.

~TAF, off to work on how to best incorporate the tiger

P.S. Deadline?

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 13th, 2018, 11:27 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Overall, I do want this to be primarily a LOVE story
Oh. Oh no.

I will do what I can.

~TAF, off to work on how to best incorporate the tiger

P.S. Deadline?
April 13th

;D Ohhhh the whimsie!

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 13th, 2018, 01:09 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Soo the long awaited prompt has three parts to it. This is a part of the story of the War of the Valkyrie which I simply MUST have. Here goes:

1) Write Drake and Raelyn's love story. The war has ended and it is time for the warriors to begin returning home. Drake has a big decision to make, go home or stay with Raelyn.

2) A flashback of their first meeting (feel free to include flashbacks from any other point in their relationship as well).

3) In the last days of the war, one of the generals summons someone (or other creature) from Drake's past (with or without intent), an old enemy, a previous lover, a sibling, or maybe just an old mentor who reinforces a lesson.

Overall, I do want this to be primarily a LOVE story (please keep the details PG), though as we all know, sometimes love is not all sunshine and daisies.

Word Limit 15,000

Spoiler Alert!

GO

:P
Do we get bonus points if we spell Raelin's name correctly?

Also, I would like to submit selections from The River that was Red for this prompt...

~TGRF.
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:19 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Soo the long awaited prompt has three parts to it. This is a part of the story of the War of the Valkyrie which I simply MUST have. Here goes:

1) Write Drake and Raelyn's love story. The war has ended and it is time for the warriors to begin returning home. Drake has a big decision to make, go home or stay with Raelyn.

2) A flashback of their first meeting (feel free to include flashbacks from any other point in their relationship as well).

3) In the last days of the war, one of the generals summons someone (or other creature) from Drake's past (with or without intent), an old enemy, a previous lover, a sibling, or maybe just an old mentor who reinforces a lesson.

Overall, I do want this to be primarily a LOVE story (please keep the details PG), though as we all know, sometimes love is not all sunshine and daisies.

Word Limit 15,000

Spoiler Alert!

GO

Also, I would like to submit selections from The River that was Red for this prompt...

~TGRF.
OMG! Did you write about their love story in that fanfic? That's awesome!

Hmmmm, I suppose that's alright since I was rather specific with what needs to be in it. I'd encourage you to be very careful about the integration. Only seems fair since I was allowed to submit material from another fanfic.

Oh btw, TAF and any other contestants may also submit selections from the River that was Read since it has been published. Only fair :P (though they remain at a slight disadvantage since you know where the parts you want are).

Please highlight in this color anything that is taken from the previously published fanfiction both so I know that it is from another source and to protect TG's property.

Old March 13th, 2018, 11:44 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord;
Oh btw, TAF and any other contestants may also submit selections from the River that was Read since it has been published. Only fair :P (though they remain at a slight disadvantage since you know where the parts you want are).
That won't be necessary for my victory

~TAF

Old March 14th, 2018, 01:51 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Word Limit 15,000

Spoiler Alert!

GO

~TGRF.
OMG! Did you write about their love story in that fanfic? That's awesome!

Hmmmm, I suppose that's alright since I was rather specific with what needs to be in it. I'd encourage you to be very careful about the integration. Only seems fair since I was allowed to submit material from another fanfic.

Please highlight in this color anything that is taken from the previously published fanfiction both so I know that it is from another source and to protect TG's property.
I wasn't being serious EL. I recently added a new rule:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
You cannot repost anything previously written and released, including an old entry or fan fiction of yours.
Reason:
Spoiler Alert!
There will be no reposting. Though I will say that if you have not read The River that was Red, you definitely should. It is my best work to date, and while not central, the love story is definitely there.

~TGRF, who doesn't know if he'd be able to pull this one off. Again.
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:15 AM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline April 13th, word limit 15000

You can do it! I believe in you!

Old March 14th, 2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Obviously I can. But will the fancy strike me...

~TGRF.
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
Do it for me, Schwertbruder!

Old March 15th, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
Do it for me, Schwertbruder!
Read Red. That will be better than any entry I can ever produce. Unless I turn into Ernest Hemmingway.

~TGRF, who finds that outcome unlikely.
Old March 16th, 2018, 01:36 PM

Note that I have altered the rules:
Quote:
Please note that the current judge has the right to temporarily alter or ignore rules which are not preceded by 'Non-negotiable:', at his or her own discretion.
This was already in place, but it only applied to rules concerning the deadlines. I have revised it so that if a judge desires, a few rules can be changed or ignored to present a more interesting challenge. This isn't a requirement, just an option I thought I would add. Any judge doing this obviously has to let us know about any changes.

~TGRF, keeping things going.
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:27 AM

I have an idea, but it'll need a lot of work to incorporate all the elements into one story within the word limit.

~TAF, will keep y'all posted

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction