Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:44 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quests of Heroscape

Download the The original Quests of HeroScape:

Quests of Heroscape

Are you looking for a new way to play Heroscape? Give Quests of Heroscape a try. Quests of Heroscape was created by our very own Teamski. Teamski was on a mission to add something to the game of Heroscape that didn’t involve having to kill everything to win. He originally wanted to add an RPG element to the game, but it turned out to be something altogether different.

With the aide of Malechi (artistic and advising), Teamski created Quests of Heroscape. All you need to play the basic quests is a full set of the glyphs, at least 2 ruins, and a high point. So basically all you need is a master set.

Once you have your map set up, place the glyphs symbol-side up (power-side down) randomly on the map. Then you are ready to get your Quests. Each player gets 3 quest cards, that are kept secret from all the other players. Each quest is worth 0, 1, or 2 points. The points can be used to revive any hero for 2 points or a squad member for 1 point. The first player to complete three quests wins.

One of the great things about these quests is the scheming and backstabbing that can occur. Since you are trying to keep your quests a secret from the other players, if they figure out that you working towards a specific quest they may try and stop you. Also, many of the quests themselves are deisgned to help you stop your opponent, such as destroying glyphs.

Forgotten Forest Edition expansion cards:

Thaelenk Tundra Edition expansion cards:

Volcarren Wasteland Edition expansion cards:

Last edited by Malechi; December 29th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:46 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Thanks for posting this Nether, It should be made a sticky.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I will add the files as attachments when I get a higher upload limit. Then they will show up in the download section.

Also Malechi and Teamski, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes by posting this. There were some requests for a thread with the files in it. So I went ahead and did it.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:59 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
It's stickied now, yay!

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old June 1st, 2006, 12:02 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Couple of questions.

When playing QoHS,

What army size do you recomend (point wise)?
What map size do you recommend (in MS)?
Do you generaly assign one general to a player?
Do you think it is more designed for a larger group of players 4-5?

I've played now a couple of times and the games seem to go fast,
(not a complaint, just an observation)

I've played 1000 pts and 600 pts on roughly a 3-4 MS sized map with two players, both games done in 20 minutes or so.

Is it designed or intended to be faster? or are my armies or maps too big?

just lookin for some oppinions from the designers.

It is lots of fun and my only complaint was that I wished the games lasted longer.

Thanks.
-Prime
Old June 1st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Site Admin

Oprime, I will answer those questions tommorrow sometime as its late and I need rest. Unless of course Malechi or Teamski (or anyone else for that matter) jump in before me.

But 20-minutes does seem a little short. I think you might be doing something wrong...

I played a game with oogiezone, just the 2 of us on a rather large map (4MS, I think, its been a couple weeks since we last played) with 700 or so points and it took about an hour or so. IIRC. Like I said its been a couple weeks since we played last...
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:26 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPrime
What army size do you recomend (point wise)?
• Just like HeroScape itself "It's not the size it's how you use it" Or, was that in reference to something else?

Quote:
What map size do you recommend (in MS)?
• Again, it is not a size issue. The map must contain a high point and ruins and all the Glyphs Symbol side up (hidden), These should be dispersed evenly to each of the players. Same goes for the expansions. An example of a bad set up would be playing the Quests of HeroScape: Volcarren Wasteland Edition on the Volcarren Wasteland battlefield where one player starts in the "hot" zone.

Quote:
Do you generaly assign one general to a player?
• Absolutely not! That is unless you really, really want to. Why not play your variant of a variant!

Quote:
Do you think it is more designed for a larger group of players 4-5?
•*I wouldn't think so. I know for my part, when Teamski and I were creating additional cards for the "art" version of Quests of HeroScape, I was thinking in terms of player vs. player as well as multi-player games. Not specifically one or the other.

Quote:
I've played now a couple of times and the games seem to go fast,...I've played 1000 pts and 600 pts on roughly a 3-4 MS sized map with two players, both games done in 20 minutes or so. Is it designed or intended to be faster? or are my armies or maps too big?
• Basically HeroScape and Quests of HeroScape are played similarly in the set up dept. ... Set up what fits your play style. The game was designed to play quickly, although some games can last much longer if the Glyphs are needed and not found. If you find that the games are going to fast for you, simply add more Quests required to finish the game.

I was thinking of trying out the Ragnarok Variant (NOTE: this has never been playtested):
SET UP
• Set up the battlefield using all terrain types (considering the Ragnarok in name of this variant it better have a lot of snow tiles!) and all Glyphs.
• Shuffle all Quests of HeroScape cards along with all expansion cards.
OBJECT
• Players must complete all of the Quests*.
- * The General and expansion figure specific Quests may be discarded from player's hands and removed from play if completely unplayable.
- * Any other currently unplayable Quest is returned to the deck and shuffled.
- * When all the remaining Quests are no are longer playable redistribute the Glyphs.
PLAYING THE GAME
• Play by all normal HeroScape and Quests of HeroScape rules.
• Completed Quests used to resurrect figures are discarded and removed from play with the unplayable General and expansion figure specific Quest cards.
• Play continues until all possible Quests have been completed.
WINNING THE GAME
• Count the number of completed Quest cards in your hand; and to that number add the Point total of all the completed Quest cards in your hand.
• The player with the highest total wins! Ties are decided in the traditional way ... You tie the left wrists of the players together with a strong rope and give each player a sharp knife. The last one breathing wins. Alternatively, you could always just play again!

There is no way to complete the Ragnarok Variant in 20 minutes, 20 days maybe! This variant would play a lot deeper than it initially appears. What do you do first, the easy 0 point Quest or the more difficult 2 point Quest? Do you resurrect a Hero you could use about now, or keep the points? Do you turn in the 2 point Quest that is dead right now and taking up space in your hand, but not useless after the Glyphs reset?

Not that I actually answered a single one of your questions, but I hope that helps!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Thanks for the quick response guys.

I played on two 3-4 MS size maps (one is actual pictured it Tundra Map thread), and the second roughly same size had a volcano with a high point of 20ish.

I was thinking that some quests would be harder on certain maps as opposed to others. And by luck of the draw we got some easy quests for the maps we were using.
example: water bearer, it took 2 move markers to complete cause there was ALOT of water esp near start zone on my map.

I should have a chance in the near future to try it out with more people that should be fun.

Thanks for the insight...

And the bottom line is it IS fun and I Love it.

Thanks again.
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:12 AM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
I need to try it out. Now that summer vacation is almost here (6 hours away) ill have more time to try more new things out. Now all I need to do is get home from school...
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
I just downloaded the quests. they look really cool and very well designed. Instructions leave no details out, too. Everything is very well made. I just need to give this a try. Also need to find a color printer with enough ink to print out everything (may take awhile). Cant wait to try it out!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
so what are the points for exactly?

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Site Admin

Its in the rules

You can bring back a dead Squad Figure for 1 point or a Hero for 2 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions