Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
(Buy it with one of their 40% off coupons!)
Where might one find these 40% off coupons? I can't find any online. Hobby Lobby has them quite often, but I haven't found any for Michael's.
We get them (almost) weekly with our other store flyers. It might only be a regional thing.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
(Buy it with one of their 40% off coupons!)
Where might one find these 40% off coupons? I can't find any online. Hobby Lobby has them quite often, but I haven't found any for Michael's.
We get them (almost) weekly with our other store flyers. It might only be a regional thing.
Nope, I see them every Saturday. This week they had three coupons!
Old March 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks guys. Oddly enough, When I got home last night, my wife told me that we received one of the coupons too. I'm guessing we got it with all the other adds. If all goes well I'll be heading there tonight for some palm tree supplies.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!
As Fezzik's flocking buddy I'd have to say the tutorials were awesome and easy to follow. We flocked for days on end, and it was magical.

Thanks a million for the idiot-free nature of the directions! Although, I may have heard enough "flock" jokes to last a lifetime whilst doing said flocking. Also, after seeing those last few pics I'm going to disagree with Fezzik over the lava tiles. Yours are by far are more molten death fun looking! I might give them a try behind Fezzik's back.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Grish,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to following your palm tree tutorial. I love the outcome and they make a map look so much cooler. I would have posted pictures but last time I tried to post pictures of my flocked terrain the pictures where horrible. My poor old 2.1 mp camera just does not cut it for showing of any detail of custom terrain. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for such a great tutorial.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness
As Fezzik's flocking buddy I'd have to say the tutorials were awesome and easy to follow. We flocked for days on end, and it was magical.

Thanks a million for the idiot-free nature of the directions! Although, I may have heard enough "flock" jokes to last a lifetime whilst doing said flocking. Also, after seeing those last few pics I'm going to disagree with Fezzik over the lava tiles. Yours are by far are more molten death fun looking! I might give them a try behind Fezzik's back.
What the hell? I might be 9 hours away, but don't forget, my pimp hand is strong, woman...

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzikthedoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness
Also, after seeing those last few pics I'm going to disagree with Fezzik over the lava tiles. Yours are by far are more molten death fun looking! I might give them a try behind Fezzik's back.
What the hell? I might be 9 hours away, but don't forget, my pimp hand is strong, woman...
Oh no, lets not start another "flame" war here!
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:07 AM

Tom-a-Bedlam has disabled reputation
my first post

Hello!

I have been a long time voyeur on the site. I just wanted to say thank you to Grishnakh and all the others for your tutorials. They have inspired me to create my own custom terrain. It adds so much to our games! The look of heroscape is it's main appeal to me, and having little trees on the map takes it from awesome to epileptically cool.

Ironically, I could never get into Warhammer because I liked playing games, not modeling... and Heroscape has inspired me to model...

I've cobbled out my customs using some methods that I haven't seen anywhere. I'm excited to upload some photos as soon as I whack my camera with some defibrillator paddles.

Anyhoo. Thanks. Awesome.
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Dread Lord Hep has disabled reputation
those palms are freakin GORGEOUS! nice job!
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Titleless

Re: my first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-a-Bedlam
Hello!

I have been a long time voyeur on the site. I just wanted to say thank you to Grishnakh and all the others for your tutorials. They have inspired me to create my own custom terrain. It adds so much to our games! The look of heroscape is it's main appeal to me, and having little trees on the map takes it from awesome to epileptically cool.

Ironically, I could never get into Warhammer because I liked playing games, not modeling... and Heroscape has inspired me to model...

I've cobbled out my customs using some methods that I haven't seen anywhere. I'm excited to upload some photos as soon as I whack my camera with some defibrillator paddles.

Anyhoo. Thanks. Awesome.
You are more than welcome Tom-a-Bedlam! And welcome to the site!

I look forward to your photos. This site a great resource and place to both discuss and share customizing ideas.
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:46 AM

yynderjohn has disabled reputation
Thanks!

Big Thanks to Grish (and a lesser degree kijid from the Treasure Quest thread)! I started flocking some tiles last night and last week made some ruined columns following his tutorial. I flocked all of my tiles as I don't have the patience to "hex" out each space, but it still looks great. So many good tips here! I'm a first time terrain maker and once I finish my flocking I'll post some rookie pics. Now I just need a ruined wall tutorial Grish!
John D
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:17 AM

turok has disabled reputation
Hi Grish, I've been a lurker for awhile now, but I just wanted to say thanks for all you do to inspire others, and for sharing your ideas. Thanks to you I have the creative bug now and can't stop thinking of new ideas for new projects. I posted some of my things a few posts down of some jungle terrain, and ship conversion I did.
Anyway, keep up the awesome work. thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles