Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Grishnakh's Custom Terrain

Grishnakh's Custom Terrain (GCT)

Here is an Index for my Tutorials. The links will take you to the pages that contain my tutorials to date.

Page 1
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part 1 - Hex Tiles (Scroll down, it's part of this this post!)
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part II - Stream/River/Lake Edges

Page 2
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - more photographs of my custom tiles in play
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part III - Trees
Grishnakh's House Rules for Tree/Forest Hexes

Page 3
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part IV - Rock Tiles

Page 5
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part V - Scenery Bases

Page 6
Grishnakh's Customized Terrain - Part VI - Pine trees on a small embankment
Grishnakh’s Customized Thread - Other Game Board Features - House/Inn
Grishnakh’s Customized Thread - Other Game Board Features - Orc Catapult
Grishnakh’s Customized Thread - Other Game Board Features - Gargoyles

Page 10
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part VII - Old Columns

Page 18
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part VIII - Water Jungle Plants

Page 22
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part IX - Sparkly Water Tiles - Revised!

Page 27
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part X - SotM Swamp Water Tiles
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part X - SotM Swamp Marshland Tiles

Page 30
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part XI - Jungle Palm Trees
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part XI - Jungle - Palm Trees and Jungle Bushes House Rules - Revised 2/11/08

Page 31
Photo's of a Flocked Swamp Set in Play

Page 45
Photo's my Sci/Fi Terrain in Play

Page 54
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Painted Dungeon Tiles

Happy Meal Megamind Toy - Fuel Dump
Page 57
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Happy Meal Megamind Toy
Page 58
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Happy Meal Megamind Toy Finished Pictures
Page 59
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Happy Meal Megamind Toy Fuel Dump Card

Page 58
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Lava Tutorial

And here are some links to some of my other pages that might be of interest

Grishnakh’s Custom Dungeon Plans
Grishnakh’s Custom Dungeon Plans - Another Option
Grishnakh’s Battle of Helms Deep

A quick announcement: I've just recently decided to alter the way I post my custom terrain. Since I started sharing my custom terrain with the community I've been putting all of my custom creations in one thread. This system has worked well for me in the past, but as you can see this thread has simply grown way too big. Items are getting lost in the sheer number of posts. For a while I've just kept growing the front page and tacking on new items to the end of the thread. But even now this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Now, to avoid confusion with "The Books Of" threads I'm creating my own category which I call "A Custom Terrain Project/Guide". I plan to link all of these individual threads to this main thread. All general comments will still go through here but comments about specific terrain will go in the individual threads. I will eventually transfer all of my custom creations to their individual threads.

This will not happen over night. It's a big undertaking. However I think it will clean up my custom terrain guides and make it easier for new and old members to find and access them.

• Here's the link to download the GCT, Mid-sized Office Building:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...32#post1981132

• Here's the link to download the GCT, Fantastic 4 Baxter Building:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48891

• Here's the link to download the GCT Daily Planet:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48088

• Here's the link to download the GCT Six Story Office Building and Jewelry Store:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=47711

• Here's the link to download the 2nd edition, revised GCT Superhero ITF single page reference chart:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3841

When our group plays SuperScape using my Interactive Terrain Features I started noticing how difficult it was to keep track of the stats of the various objects on the battlefield. Having a Heroscape style card for each item meant more cards scattered around on an already crowded table top. Plus having only one card for each type of object meant people were constantly asking to see the card, which meant a search to find where the last person had put it.

Then it occurred to me, heck, I'm a gamer, I'm used to games that have charts and tables. What if I just put all of my ITF's on a single page chart and scatter a few of those around the table. That way players could reference an item easily and even plan ahead what they were going to do without anyone else getting a clue as to what they were plotting. So I threw together a quick chart and tried it out.

It worked like a charm.

So, from now on, I'm breaking further away from Heroscape tradition and using charts for all my ITFs in my Superscape games. I'll probably still make cards for any newer items I create in the future, just to satisfy the purists amongst us. But honestly, using this chart just works so much better.

It's also a great way to see the progression of damage and usage penalties of objects. Using this as a guide it also becomes easier to create stats for your own objects, and get them to match the already existing objects on the chart. The custom figure creators on this site have it easy in this regard, they just find an already produced painted miniature and create a card around it. Custom terrain is more difficult. I have no idea what you might find that you can use for your terrain in a dollar store, a toy store, etc. I've tried to offer suggestions, even building plans, but there's no hard and fast rule here. Use what you can find, and if you have the talent to do so, build or create whatever you want. Then use my stats for your item, or use my stats as a starting point and create your own stats for your item.

Changes:
For those of you who utilize my approach to handling objects on the battlefield you might note a few alterations to the stats from my previous cards. After playing numerous games I decided to add in extra damage when you both throw and smash with Huge and now, Immense items. The weight of the object, along with the force it's being thrown or smashed with, has to come into play.

I also altered the explosion of the Oil Drum and Tanker Truck slightly to get it more in line with the other items that explode. And the phone booth can now be used to smash figures in one or two hexes.

There are three new items as well: The Building AC Unit, a Train Car, and a Rocket. I hope to have a printable model of the train (complete with throwable, smashable train tracks) sometime at the beginning of next year. The rocket I use came out of a cheap Toys'R'Us play set. I think I posted something about it in a previous post.

• Here's the link to download the GCT Rules for Skyscrapers
and Elevators as well as Instructions for building The Daily Planet:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3756

• Click this link to download all of the Elevator Cards:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3758

• Click this link to download the Elevator Markers:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3760

• Click this link to download all of the Optional, Destructible Elevator Cards:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3759

That's all for now! -Grishnakh

Last edited by Grishnakh; November 27th, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles