Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Philadelphia, PA Tournament - 9/18/10

Got to play a few rounds on Peteparkerh's Migols Tomb v. 2.1 and it was a blast. We had a lot of action all over the map. Some on height, some in the center under the overhang, some in one anothers start zones. The issue with double sided figures climbing didn't really prove to be an issue at all. Yes they take a few turns to get there, but it is equal from both sides and there are enough other ways to get to one another. All in all, it was a lot of fun map to play on and one that really made you think about what you were doing. Much different from your average BoV map. It should prove to be a good addition to the maps for the event.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Got to play a few rounds on Peteparkerh's Migols Tomb v. 2.1 and it was a blast. We had a lot of action all over the map. Some on height, some in the center under the overhang, some in one anothers start zones. The issue with double sided figures climbing didn't really prove to be an issue at all. Yes they take a few turns to get there, but it is equal from both sides and there are enough other ways to get to one another. All in all, it was a lot of fun map to play on and one that really made you think about what you were doing. Much different from your average BoV map. It should prove to be a good addition to the maps for the event.
I do not know. I see the same issues happening with this one that frequently happen with Turrent Rocks, BUT it is nice to incorporate new maps in our tournaments. Something tells me Migol's Tomb is going to be renamed Arcus's Tomb by the time this is over.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
I do not know. I see the same issues happening with this one that frequently happen with Turrent Rocks, BUT it is nice to incorporate new maps in our tournaments. Something tells me Migol's Tomb is going to be renamed Arcus's Tomb by the time this is over.
I'm not a big fan of Turrent Rocks. This one plays really different. 1st, Turrnet Rocks is wide open. This one plays more intimate. This is due to the high level of sight blocking incorporated in the map. When we played, even Q9 & Q10 were gettng tied up into melee combat.

2nd, if someone gets height on Turrent Rocks, you have no where to run. In this case, you can actually go into the basement part of the map, step on a shadow, and the advantage turns to the defender.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

That was close. This thread was on the bottom of the first page.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey everybody! Just over a week to go and I am really getting excited for this event. I think I have settled on my army. Now I just need to find some time to playtest it (stupid work ). Is there any chance that I can get some more volunteers to pick the maps they want to bring? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM

mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker

I can bring Hiways and Dieways
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:23 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, I thought that I had already volunteered a map or two. Maybe I intended to but forgot.

Oh well, I will bring Fire Isles

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizzio View Post
I can bring Hiways and Dieways
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Oh, I thought that I had already volunteered a map or two. Maybe I intended to but forgot.

Oh well, I will bring Fire Isles
You probably did and I just missed it. I have updated the first post. Thanks guys.
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can bring Migol's Tomb 2.1.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

I can bring Trailblazer to the event if still needed.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Only a week away and I am stoked for this event!
Peteparkerh is coming over today for some last playtesting, even though we both are pretty set on our armies. Just another excuse to get in some scape

Old September 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Sorry to be missing this one. It sounds like it will be great!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events