Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 6th, 2010, 03:15 AM

Wzrd1 is surprisingly tart
To anyone on the design team for Heroscape D2...

I may have found an error in packaging that, if it truly exists, I hope you guys can catch in time to fix :O

Now these are pics from heroscape in hong kong so this may be nothing at all but...

...as you may notice, this pack (Warriors of Eberron) contains a Mind Flayer Mastermind. However, looking in the bottom right corner at the representation of the Heroes of Khorvaire pack, you may notice another Mind Flayer Mastermind pictured center left.

Here's a picture of the actual Heroes of Khorvaire Pack...

This set does not have a Mind Flayer Mastermind; but, it does have Kurrok the Elementalist whom should be pictured in the previous picture instead of the Mind Flayer Mastermind.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I am going to buy this whole wave rip up the packaging and enjoy my new figures regardless of whats printed on this box (who cares whats printed on the stuff you throw away right?). However, this kind of error might mean more to others, such as the actual developers. I hope this catches the attention of anyone who may be able to fix it, but, if not, no big deal =3

P.S. Though I have just joined the ranks of heroscapers.com I've been lurking for years due to the massive amount of heroscape info and friendly members such as Truth, Grungebob, and Dr. Weirdscaper that give me all the more reason to continue heroscaping =) I've been with heroscape since the prototype sets that came with blue/red dice and have at least one of every set from every wave (Including the large expansions), 5 ROTV, 1 SotM, 1 MARV, 4 D&D MS, 2 RttFF, 2 TT, 2 VW, 6 FotA, 3 TJ, and 2/5 flagbearers. So, please don't think of me as a heroscapers noob, just someone who has been too lazy to hit the register button up until now (Besides, anything I could have provided to this thriving community up until now has been easily supplemented by the various active users).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wzrd1
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:20 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: To anyone on the design team for Heroscape D2...

welcome to the boards!
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:31 AM

Wzrd1 is surprisingly tart

Thank you :3
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Welcome to active posting, Wzrd1. Nice information.
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome. I am glad you finally joined.

That is an interesting find you have there.... I look forward to seeing the reaction, if any.
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

As to reaction...we've seen other packaging errors in the past history of HeroScape marketing (although exactly what they were escapes my old mind at the moment).
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
As to reaction...we've seen other packaging errors in the past history of HeroScape marketing (although exactly what they were escapes my old mind at the moment).
Hot lava death
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I saw this (two mindflayers, no Kurrok) awhile back when they first previewed it. There's been back-of-the-box errors before such as a mispelling of Kozuke Samurai (mispelling: Kozuki, someone was trying to sell this "rare edition" on ebay for a greater price but I don't think they ever fixed this, making it the only edition and nothing of rare or discontinued) and even last wave, Estivara's backround is purple for Einar though it should be red for Utgar (it does have the Utgar symbol however). These aren't that much of a concern.

If some do get confused about this I know the other two pack's backs feature the hero pack with Kurrok, it is only the Veteran pack that has the misprint picture.
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Welcome, Wzrd1 and good eye!

I saw those pics, but never noticed the errors. I must have been feeling to guilty for peeking at leaked photos.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good catch!

Old July 6th, 2010, 11:05 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

That partiucliar pack also says Collection D12 on the front rather than Collection D2.

I think that pack was an advanced print or something. I guess we will know for sure in a few weeks.

For what it is worth, there would be no way to stop it at this point. For furture reprints, maybe, but being as the official release date is 8/17, the intial print run is pretty much done.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 6th, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: ..
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Hot lava death
Wait...this was a packaging error? Where was this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion