Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 18th, 2017, 02:48 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Gorillinators

In multiplayer, at least in my group, taking units like the G'nators usually means you get targeted much less because of their low power level/threat.

I'm not doubting you can get them to work, the strategy for baiting out the big threats is certainly interesting. I'd be curious to see some games of them performing in a competitive/semi competitive setting.
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Gorillanators is surprisingly tart

It's interesting in competitive, you either do really well with them or not so much, I sometimes don't use nakita in my armies, so I have less points invested in my gorillas, and more in a more well rounded team
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You can’t do much about matchup dependant units, like these.

Put em against knights without Gilbert, and they can kite for days. Legos? Kite. These guys might even be able to kite Heavies for a bit. Just be aware that they have (lots of) competitive bad matchups... Rats, Nilfy, Wyrmlings, Minions, Sentinels... Basically things that either kill them and/or they can’t kill. You can kite the Kyrie, but not forever. And they have defense for days...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:14 PM

That's why you use them with other units that work against their weaknesses, same with any unit. For example krug and gorillas
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillanators View Post
That's why you use them with other units that work against their weaknesses, same with any unit. For example krug and gorillas
Oh definately. I’m not bashing the gorrilas, but I do understand that your not gonna win every game with them even with “proper support”. Put Nilfy on their team and they’ll do good unless the entire other army hard counters them. Which can happen in some metas. An army consisting of nothing but Wyrmlings still has a good shot against anything you throw at em involving Gorrilas. Sentinels laugh at anything that can’t get past their defense, and your really can’t afford Braxas and a tough heavy hitter... you run low on points quick.

That’s the good thing about Heroscape, your army composition matters, but so does your opponent’s.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:35 PM

What would be the ultimate 500pt team consisting of gorillas?
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillanators View Post
What would be the ultimate 500pt team consisting of gorillas?
I dunno. Zaeus, Gorrilas x3, and Iron Golem?

Zaues from the C3V is a power attacker (and ranged), while letting the Monkies still get support attacks. The extra monkies are good for attrition’s sake. The Iron Golem can sometimes handle the big bad things. I fear this army is still not “great” but it can hold it’s own in a semi competitive format.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM

That sounds good, maybe take out a squad of gorillas for raelin
Old November 18th, 2017, 06:50 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Something that really appeals to me to pair with Gorillas would be axegrinders. The most troublesome competitive figures for gorillas are Majors and Dragons so axegrinders make a nice supplement.

Gorillinators x2
Axegrinders x3
Migol Ironwill (or Forgehammer if you play 510)

Otherwise

Gorillinators x2
Axegrinders x2
Ambershard
Forgehammer
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:12 PM

Just had the funniest game ever with these guys against my brother it was 400 point armies
I had
Charos
2x gorillas

He had
Marcus
10th reg
Legionaries

Right away first turn, he one shouted my charos with DED and then I beat his whole army with 6 gorillas only losing 1 from DED, It was hilarious, I was so mad after charos died, and then in one turn, he was the one screaming and saying I cheated, I won the game in 8 minutes

Last edited by Gorillanators; May 8th, 2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old September 20th, 2019, 11:43 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I’ve come to find possibly my favorite use for the gorillinators: Anti-omnicrons.

No, seriously. The gorillinators move so fast that they can steal the only advantage that makes the snipers good—height. Rolling one attack dice against tough with 2 defense doesn’t fair well, even with deadly shot. On the other hand, 3 attack against 3 defense is pretty solid. Keep the nakitas adjacent when you can, and it just gets worse for the omnicrons.

And to boot, the gorillinators are cheaper. I pulled this strategy last night at my gaming club, and the gorillinators wrecked two full squads of snipers with only one casualty. I imagine they would do equally well against microcorps, for basically the same reasons.

Matter of fact, now that I think of it, I remember my omnicron army getting absolutely crushed by gorillinators in one of my matchups at Islandscape ‘18. Seems like a pretty dependable strategy.

The only thing the omnicrons can really do against this is try to stay one-space out of range each turn and drag the gorillinators off of height. But on most maps that just won’t happen.
Old September 20th, 2019, 12:29 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I really like these guys and are one of the only common squads I would use as a 1 of. They are nice to half-bond with Nakitas. I'm not sure how multiples would work as they don't have bonding but I can tell from experience 1 of this squad is good to grab height or other things.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units