Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

Jungle Fire by TEA

I made the assumption that it was (Map Contest Two) (Jungle Fire) and not (Map Contest) (Two Jungle Fire).
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I made the assumption that it was (Map Contest Two) (Jungle Fire) and not (Map Contest) (Two Jungle Fire).
Thank you for taking care of that Superfrog! and I had a laugh, because I think you're right about the title...lol, totally missed that

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:50 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, here is my second submission.

I tinkered with the map and it became something I had not planned while making it. Two start zones ? Yeah why not... Wait 5 levels and almost no tiles on the first ?! This map grew into something really different from what I generally do. I thought about it and feel like all the elevations doesn't help ranged figures too much, but flying ones might have an easy time here. I guess this can be balanced with the map pool (something flat like Capsocrates' Halcyon fore example would balance it out).

Please accept the nomination of Infected Pass.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Here is my entree.

Mountain Pass

VS File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/de9oq1...ntain_Pass.hsc
PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ih98b...ntain_Pass.pdf

Bio: Few year round paths exist through the mountains with most spring time passes becoming obstructed by heavy snow and ice in the winter. Those few passes that do remain open year round are heavily traveled by merchants in the times of peace, and heavily contested by armies in the time of war.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't start with any real ideas or direction other than the desire to make a map with lots of natural LOS/movement blockers as I feel that would accurately reflect the 'wild' vs. the flat unobstructed farmlands and pastures of civilizations. Initially thought about trying to do something with the jungle plants and trees but ended up going in a different direction. So I limited my available sets to TT, BftU, & RttFF to get 3 different sets of LOS/movement blockers to work with, then started putting down tiles to see what would emerge. Pretty happy with the result.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:51 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Alright, here is my second submission.

I tinkered with the map and it became something I had not planned while making it. Two start zones ? Yeah why not... Wait 5 levels and almost no tiles on the first ?! This map grew into something really different from what I generally do. I thought about it and feel like all the elevations doesn't help ranged figures too much, but flying ones might have an easy time here. I guess this can be balanced with the map pool (something flat like Capsocrates' Halcyon fore example would balance it out).

Please accept the nomination of Infected Pass.

Spoiler Alert!
Submission Accepted well done.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:59 PM

Love the submission @Yodaking ! Good simple backstory. I feel it captures what you designed in the map. Dang you guys are making this tough on us!

P.s PLEASE those that have submitted, or will be submitting...if your post does not contain a link to download the .hsc file from VS, please email it to me in an attachment to heroscaper4life@gmail.com . I'll be "doctoring" up the images and adding them all to the OP for people to access in the future. Thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 2nd, 2017, 09:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ill update with pics of the prize soon. Ive been out with strep throat for a few days and im behind schedule on it. It will be done by the time theres a winner.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:43 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Word I'm coming home tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to whip something up by midnight.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Avoid putting Power glyphs on lava terrain
Why do you think this is a bad idea? It can actually be an excellent way to balance strong glyphs or relatively strong glyph positions.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:35 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Avoid putting Power glyphs on lava terrain
Why do you think this is a bad idea? It can actually be an excellent way to balance strong glyphs or relatively strong glyph positions.
This is something I have meant to research. Do any BoV maps have a glyph set up like that? If it is something that has passed in the BoV before, then I would have no problem changing it.

I actually forgot to look into this, so thank you for bringing it up. I also forgot about WoS group. Noticed your badge. Do you guys allow glyph placement as such?
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Allow? Sure we do. We allow anything that's legal, and it's certainly legal.

Dignan's BoV map If you can't take the heat... has glyphs on lava field. I've made maps that work this way that have gotten upvotes from the BoV. I'm pretty sure Gamebear has a map or two that work this way as well.

Last edited by dok; February 3rd, 2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: confirmed - Gamebear has done this
Old February 3rd, 2017, 03:20 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

Submission two:

This is a different build from any that I have ever done. Its slightly asymmetrical, which still is giving me headaches. I think its balanced. My melee army beat a Stinger build, so I'm hoping it is balanced. So here it is: Marro Thaw.

Thanks to Sir Heroscape for writing the backstory.
Quote:
"The Marro hive was frozen over the winter; dormant; hibernating...but the melting snow begins to reveal the pulsing mass of flesh awakening."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...lRRNzhWZnBkV3c

Last edited by legoboy; February 3rd, 2017 at 07:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games