Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 29th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I love base tiles from AOTP. I bought a few copies of each cheaply just to get those. Huge space savings plus it saves a bunch of time with putting together a map. I use it now quite a bit and would love for the map makers to incorporate them. Someone suggested doing a water lexan mat, I think this would be a perfect way to reuse the AOTP base tiles to do a large section of water. Maybe snow or lava field would be cool too.
I would have been nice if the cardboard maps had a bit of an indent in the hex outlines so plastic tiles could at least partially lock into place a bit.
Not sure how difficult and/or more expensive that would be, but it would be a pretty nice feature.
Ok, I'm coming around on this now. I'd be fine with mixed terrain types (even land and non-land types) if the cardboard was HEX shaped instead of rectangular, like we got in AotP. And if these cardboard "modular base levels" followed some edge rules for things like longer paths of road, water (rivers), lava and ice (flows), then THAT would be very cool.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 29th, 2022 at 04:04 PM.
Old October 29th, 2022, 06:26 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Hello Scapers,
Been a long time since I posted or been on the site. Checking things out with the launch of AOA. Checking peoples thoughts and the overall Census. I was Surprised they Did not include Valkrill. Then I was reading what others thought on the subject. Plus the new Generals being included.
As well as of course the non painted Minis and Color choices plus color updates recently.

I Personally Am Happy to see Hasbro trying a comeback with Scape. I am Coming around on their choice of Packaging Terrain Options and Miniature amounts making for their Price tag Choice. I like some would of liked to see Set option sizes. But We can not all get what we want.

As For non Painted Miniatures. This is the new thing with most games, I guess at least they aren’t all Grey and they at least gave each General a color. So if your new to the game and do not have any Scape you can differentiate your armies.

I am Also Happy they Chose to Keep with the Card Style. Thanks for that!

Sorry for the long Post, Didn’t mean to Run on. I hope everyone is doing Well!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old October 30th, 2022, 07:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Like the further design work that Craig did for original official Scape way back when that never could see the light of day, I'm starting to wonder about the future of C3V and how it will relate to AOA if it doesn't fund. Clearly everything developed for Avalon Hill/Hasbro will remain their property, and never see daylight unless, as seems unlikely, they have another go at it if funding fails. Of course this will become moot if funding works out, and I'm a backer. I hope it funds and then Scape continues with additional official Avalon Hill releases. My guess of 5,000 final backers was as I mentioned where they I think should have pegged it in the first place, and reduced the Stretch Goals goals accordingly.

Is the further development of AOA becoming a double edged sword? For example, if the app for an Army Builder is developed, it will remains the property of AH/Hasbro. But if not, could the idea be transferred to us as fan created material, as the five new factions could not? How about other additions to Scape perhaps still only in the minds of Craig and the War Council?

Its too early to think about this for us, but I'd imagine that the War Council has given this some thought, and decided what of their work is Hasbro's, and what will be future C3V material. Perhaps over the last year those individuals have not been working with C3V directly. Since here in NYC we consider Customs as good as Official figures, it matters to us. And the War Council won't want high powered corporate lawyers going after them for NDA violations. Or perhaps some kind of deal has already been worked out with Hasbro about it.

Also, we haven't seen a C3V wave in a while. Is this because some of the gang have been busy with AOA? Are there other cards in process that are specifically not included for AOA, that we'll be seeing soon here onsite? Is a new wave planned after Nov. 15 as a balm for us if AOA fails and is not renewed? I haven't been involved in C3V playtesting for a while now, so I don't know what is up with them. (We're currently introducing VC to our three new players, who don't seem to know about it).

There are all things going around in my head, as we head into the final two weeks of the Haslab offering. Good luck to Avalon Hill and the gang. With the excellent improvement changes and further developments being considered and made by them now, one can only hope the project will come to fruition somehow, and all their efforts become Official Scape we can play with in our future games.

Last edited by chas; October 30th, 2022 at 09:01 AM.
Old October 30th, 2022, 09:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

AoA is not bleeding over into C3V, though C3V is moving slower with the war council busy working on AoA stuff.

C3V is planning to clear out the backlog of announced minis before the Vanguard Edition sets start showing up at people's doorsteps. What C3V does after that remains to be seen.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 30th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Its too early to think about this for us, but I'd imagine that the War Council has given this some thought, and decided what of their work is Hasbro's, and what will be future C3V material. Perhaps over the last year those individuals have not been working with C3V directly. Since here in NYC we consider Customs as good as Official figures, it matters to us. And the War Council won't want high powered corporate lawyers going after them for NDA violations. Or perhaps some kind of deal has already been worked out with Hasbro about it.

Also, we haven't seen a C3V wave in a while. Is this because some of the gang have been busy with AOA? Are there other cards in process that are specifically not included for AOA, that we'll be seeing soon here onsite? Is a new wave planned after Nov. 15 as a balm for us if AOA fails and is not renewed? I haven't been involved in C3V playtesting for a while now, so I don't know what is up with them. (We're currently introducing VC to our three new players, who don't seem to know about it).
As someone who wears both hats, I'll say this much. Speaking only for myself.

I think it would be a little presumptuous to be launching a new C3V wave at this time. Not that we won't be releasing more units - as Caps says, we are fully committed to releasing every mini we've announced - but at this moment, the community's attention is engaged elsewhere.

Over the last year, broadly, Dok, Kevindola, and I have been engaged with the C3V in our usual ways, but I have privately already confessed and will do so publicly here, that in the last couple of months it's been a strain to be responsible to both projects. I expect dok would say the same, and perhaps out newer War Council members and KD would concur, as well. Or perhaps not; they seem to be doing better than dok and I are at keeping up with both.

Regardless, the C3V has a *lot* in the pipeline, much of which is at or near ready for release, so look for new stuff coming, when the timing is better.

Also, I everything Caps said. He has the right of it, as usual.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 31st, 2022, 07:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

In a recent youtube video the poster wondered if they could extend the Haslab offering another month if funding is still incomplete. I don't know if this would be easier than a relaunch or repackaging that everyone seems to feel is not going to happen, from what has been said so far. Any thoughts on whether this would be easier for them to do?

I don't recall this every happening before on a crowdfunding offering, although I have seen relaunches, but I'd think Hasbro can do what they want on their own platform.
Old October 31st, 2022, 07:45 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’m sure they could but I don’t believe they will. It would start a counter productive precedent and defeat the purpose of a deadline.

I think they’d just do an open window preorder than a rolling countdown. But it’s too late for that now. Once the clock starts there should be no stopping or extending it.
Old October 31st, 2022, 08:52 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see a full relaunch causing more people to give a second look as opposed to an extension.
Old October 31st, 2022, 09:34 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If they are so invested in bringing it back and dead set on the $250 price point being the only option, I wonder why they didn’t do a preorder that doesn’t start production until they hit the goal. Just add it to the list of things that make you go hmmm I guess.
Old October 31st, 2022, 11:10 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
If they are so invested in bringing it back and dead set on the $250 price point being the only option, I wonder why they didn’t do a preorder that doesn’t start production until they hit the goal. Just add it to the list of things that make you go hmmm I guess.
An open-ended deadline like this means it may never fund. From a consumer standpoint, I wouldn't want to pledge $250 that may or may not be charged at some point in time. A far better option for the consumer would have been a pre-order window open for the same duration as the haslab. That likely would've had more traction and interest, because it would show the consumers that Hasbro is committed to making it happen.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 31st, 2022, 01:13 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

My Main Issue with How this. Was done.
Hasbro was working on this and was not ready to launch.
They Did not have everything in place before pulling the Trigger.
So Many people were skeptical and that turned people off from the start.
I myself Backed this Hoping to See the Game be made. I had faith they would get their stuff together.
But Getting things together at the same time as trying to get people to fund the Project is not how you do it!

So I really think they need to Start this over and own up to they made a Mistake by not being ready when they started. ( Plus Lower the Price to $200.00 )
Thats just my opinion.
Either way I hope they figure a way to bring this game out i would hate for this all to be for nothing.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old October 31st, 2022, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The campaign has very much had the vibe of building an airplane on the way down, for whatever reason.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion