Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 10th, 2017, 03:45 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Exoskeleton markers mix up?

Hi everyone, I recently purchased all three DnD waves. Each wave arrived in a sealed hasbro box, and within each box contained the 4 new in box sealed expansion packs. Pretty great right? So after taking inventory of my new goodies I noticed that the "Valkrill's Legion" pack from D3 didn't have any exoskeleton markers at the bottom of the pack. I was kinda bummed but then noticed that at the bottom of the "Icewind Scourge" pack there were 4 markers. I was relieved but confused. Has anyone else encountered something like this?

I haven't opened any of the boosters yet because I want to keep them sealed for now. Because the pack is sealed, it's hard to tell the exact color of the markers at the bottom of the pack. For those of you who own exoskeleton markers, is there a clear difference in color between them and standard wound markers? Just want to know because the markers in my pack look awfully similar to wound markers. Thanks for your help!
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Exoskeleton markers mix up?

Yes, that happened to everyone. Total marker mix-up.
Those four are the right ones.
Old December 10th, 2017, 05:03 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yes, that happened to everyone. Total marker mix-up.
Those four are the right ones.
Oh wow. Thank you for clearing this up for me.
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yea, see Exoskeleton Marker Disaster - 2 wrongs don't make it right!. I probably blew the wrong out of proportion more than it deserved, but did make people upset and untrusting I’d Wizard’s QA testing of the wave since they announced that Heroscape was canceled the same time this wave came out.
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Yea, see Exoskeleton Marker Disaster - 2 wrongs don't make it right!. I probably blew the wrong out of proportion more than it deserved, but did make people upset and untrusting I’d Wizard’s QA testing of the wave since they announced that Heroscape was canceled the same time this wave came out.
Dang. Really seems to me that WotC didn't handle Heroscape very well.
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:
Yes and no. They did some obvious things wrong, in that some of the minis were not good, they forced obedience to the D&D universe, and they canceled the game eventually.

On the other hand, they did carry the banner beyond what Hasbro was willing to do, and some of the D&D era designs are among my favorite in the whole game: the Deathchasers, the Hydra, the Goblins, the Phantom Knights, and others.

We have a big world of official 'Scape to choose from. For those who want more, there are the worlds of C3V, the SoV, the C3G, and others. I don't think we have any cause to complain. And those trying to enter the hobby can do so without spending an arm and a leg, if they're just a little patient.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes and no. They did some obvious things wrong, in that some of the minis were not good, they forced obedience to the D&D universe, and they canceled the game eventually.

On the other hand, they did carry the banner beyond what Hasbro was willing to do, and some of the D&D era designs are among my favorite in the whole game: the Deathchasers, the Hydra, the Goblins, the Phantom Knights, and others.

We have a big world of official 'Scape to choose from. For those who want more, there are the worlds of C3V, the SoV, the C3G, and others. I don't think we have any cause to complain. And those trying to enter the hobby can do so without spending an arm and a leg, if they're just a little patient.
Good points DS. The way I see it is the more Scape the better, so I've always liked the DnD sets. If only Heroscape was still in production to this day...
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:09 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good points DS. The way I see it is the more Scape the better, so I've always liked the DnD sets. If only Heroscape was still in production to this day...
I agree. I have my own complaints with D&D HeroScape, but the alternative was nothing, and it includes some fantastically designed units, so I'm still happy that we got it before the game was cancelled.
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:47 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

D&D was the best thing that happened to Heroscape since RotV.
Old December 12th, 2017, 01:01 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
D&D was the best thing that happened to Heroscape since RotV.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I definitely appreciate its inclusion.
Old December 12th, 2017, 02:18 PM

Well, if you love playing against rats and 4th Mass, that is your thing.

RotV and D&D were HEROscape which I prefer over squad hell.

"To each their own. I likes mine, raw."
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:02 PM

I thankfully completely misunderstood the importance of Common Units as a kid, and I only owned a single set of rats. I've recently upped that to two squads of rats and two squads of 4th Mass, but neither have seen significant play at my table so far.

You are forgetting a very grave flaw that D&D HeroScape had, though: there were no more samurai. True, they were probably never used competitively in classic 'Scape, but at least it introduced me to the sheer cool factor of the Samurai.

I do kind of regret picking up three squads of knights and some Blastatrons/Gladiatrons now, though. It quickly became apparent how imbalanced some army compositions can be!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion