Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM

wicked cool has disabled reputation
paper used for creating official cards

ive lost some c ards ive bought for official units and i saw site has a gallery for recreating these cards. what type of paper do people recomend?
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM

Quicksilver62160 has disabled reputation
I use very thick photo paper for my cards. A little thinner then theirs but serves the purpose well.
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:44 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
I know this isn't that helpful to your question, but I just print on regular paper then tape that to unused real cards.
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've used 90 weight paper with success.
Old January 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM

wicked cool has disabled reputation
related question. looks like this site only has the master game cards. for playing the basic game can u get away with just the master cards? im new to game and only a a few expansions in which i no longer have them. buying master set soon so im trying to avoide rebuying the expansions ive already bought. newphew is only 8 so basic is only option right now
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:12 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked cool
related question. looks like this site only has the master game cards. for playing the basic game can u get away with just the master cards? im new to game and only a a few expansions in which i no longer have them. buying master set soon so im trying to avoide rebuying the expansions ive already bought. newphew is only 8 so basic is only option right now
The master set cards and stats are more than enough to play the game successfully. You might want to skip the basic game though and head right into the advanced. They really are not all that different. My son was 8 when we started a few years ago and we only played the basic game once. There are only a few additional rules for the advanced version, and it is a whole lot more enjoyable.
Now, all the rules that are added in the terrain expansions do make it more complicated (castle set especially), so I would keep it simple with the MS for a while. There is a lot of fun in the MS figures, as a matter of fact, they are probably the best and most often used figures in the game. The expansion figures have added a lot, but they have not replaced or made obsolete any of the original figures!
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
wicked cool I have a seven year-old son that I play with. If you're looking to whet your nephew's appetite you might try out some of the things I've discovered that my son is able to easily do within the context of using the Master Rules rather than the Basic Rules. Here are some of the ways we play with the express purpose of keeping his attention and interest...

Unit vs. Unit play - This way of playing came to me after participating in Kentak's awesome "last man standing" event on the old HQ site. What we do is simply play one card vs one card. It's very useful when we get new figures to just try them out and see how they work in game play. It's also very quick and if my son loses there's twenty more matches within an hour. As long as he is occasionally winning and we keep switching up units his attention is locked on.

He Drafts Both Armies- This way of playing has taught me more about the game than him. I always let him know that he better give me a crummy army because when we play this way I give no quarter. Typically he will select about 800 points worth of large figures and heroes and I'll be stuck with about 200 points worth of figures he doesn't particularly like. This method has taught me how to utilize figures I myself would never choose and how to capitalize on better figures' weaknesses. By letting your kids decide on your army they can also learn that perceived crappy figures can sometimes be really good and that the figures everyone likes have problems too. After almost two years of this kind of play I know he is getting smarter because he's making better and better decisions about which figures to give me to ensure a win for himself. He may not be making macro-level strategy decisions yet, but having a good knowledge of which figures do what is paying off for him.

Scenario play rather than Match play - This is a way to play that both of us enjoy. We build a huge map, place all sorts of baddies on it, and then let him choose a force to achieve the objective. The good things about this...it teaches him how to build good maps, it teaches him how draft an army based on his opponent, and it never puts me in the villain's seat. I'm merely the Dungeon Master (so to speak) and he's the only participant. If he loses he doesn't feel like Dad beat him, and if he needs advice along the way he feels like it's fair to ask me.

These are the three most effective ways I've found to keep his interest and ego intact. These types of play also serve my own selfish desire to train my son to be a Heroscape master.
Old January 29th, 2007, 05:57 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Same subject, just a side question. Is there a place to get both sides of the cards are be able to print them in 1 sheet of paper (front and back) to make 1 cut and it looks official (not dealing with 2 cards for 1 character)? Reason I ask is because sometimes we play the basic game with a huge army and I painted a Sir Hawthorne and Nerak.

Thank you.
Old January 29th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Well you could make a word prcessing document, import both pictures, and top to bottom match the cards, then fold along the match line.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old January 29th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
You could just print two and glue them together.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:39 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
Well you could make a word prcessing document, import both pictures, and top to bottom match the cards, then fold along the match line.
I was just wondering if it was possible. Is there a scan of the "basics" for Nerak and Sir H?
Thank you
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
I was just wondering if it was possible. Is there a scan of the "basics" for Nerak and Sir H?
Thank you
I have both in pdf format. They look like they came from hasbro. PM me your email address.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion