Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Okay, then how about March 23?
@hivelord @Xotli @Oh Freek @DjKniteX @CharosInCharge
I think that can work; but I forgot how to play lol
Old March 6th, 2019, 02:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No worries man, we'll teach you!
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:53 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So, we're definitely on for the 23rd then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 8th, 2019, 07:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Not yet.

I've contacted the store but they haven't responded. I just asked if they had enough tables available that night that we could bring 10ish people, but I haven't gotten anything back.
Old March 10th, 2019, 05:03 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Not yet.

I've contacted the store but they haven't responded. I just asked if they had enough tables available that night that we could bring 10ish people, but I haven't gotten anything back.
Interesting. There are, no doubt, alternatives. @warriorneedsfoodbadly might have access to the ol' rec room. Heck, I wouldn't mind hosting it here at my place, but it's probably too far for folks to come out. But there's plenty of other gaming stores: Aero in Santa Monica, Emerald Knights in Burbank, Green Tower in Santa Clarita (although I suppose Simi is closer for most folks than Santa Clarita). If I were picking one of those 3, BTW, it'd prolly be Emerald Knights: I rather liked the layout of their tables the one time I was in there.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

They finally got back to me, and said it usually is really busy through the afternoon, but it starts to clear out by 6ish.

I'm guessing if we showed up early enough we could get a few tables, though. I'll probably show up around 1pm with a map or two prebuilt.

Sound okay?
Old March 17th, 2019, 05:20 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
They finally got back to me, and said it usually is really busy through the afternoon, but it starts to clear out by 6ish.

I'm guessing if we showed up early enough we could get a few tables, though. I'll probably show up around 1pm with a map or two prebuilt.
Yeah, I continue to not be a big fan of Game Empire. But we'll give it another shot, sure.

Quote:
Sound okay?
Okay, I'm putting you on my calendar. My eldest is a "probably" (depending on work schedule) and my youngest is a "no." I'll speak to the middle one tomorrow, but I'm guessing that should be no problem. I don't know if any of the rest of our crew can make it given the short notice, but I'll put the word out.

Any thoughts as to what we should bring in terms of armies? I'm assuming you'll have the maps aspect covered.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:02 AM
This is merely a joke.

I can bring 3 maps.

My thought is to bring a lot of figures, and we'll put armies together on the spot.

-------------------

How about other people? Will we see you on Saturday?
@hivelord ? @Oh Freek ? @DjKniteX ? @Leotheanimal87 ? @warriorneedsfoodbadly ?
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I can bring 3 maps.
Okay, I'll leave that to you then.

Quote:
My thought is to bring a lot of figures, and we'll put armies together on the spot.
I dunno, dude ... do you know how many figures I have? I can't possibly bring 'em all; I need some sort of direction here.

Are we feeling pretty confident of finding a table? The eldest may be giving up a D&D day for 'Scape, so I'm never going to hear the end of it if we end up unable to play. On the plus side, we may be able to convince some of the crew to join us if they can't do D&D ... still trying to nail down everyone.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 19th, 2019, 07:33 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sadly, it looks like the 23rd may no longer be doable for me. Have fun folks!

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old March 20th, 2019, 12:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

Well.

Is anybody else available, or should we scrap this altogether, and try another date later in the spring/early summer?
Old March 20th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Well.

Is anybody else available, or should we scrap this altogether, and try another date later in the spring/early summer?
Well, definitely wait to see if anyone else weighs in, but I'm leaning a bit towards postponing. That frees my eldest up for his other gameday, the kids' grandma should be gone by the time we find another date which means my youngest will likely want to come, and maybe we can locate a better venue. And work on firming up army plans.

Anywho, that's my vote. Just texted the eldest and they agree we hate to do it without hivelord if we can help it. So that's their vote as well.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers