Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 5th, 2019, 11:53 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Interest Check: Paper Standees

Hi folks. A while back I posted asking if any paper standees for heroscape units existed, and though the answer was no, there was some interest in that project. I'd like to check if that interest is still around, and if so, organize a community effort.

I think such a project would be greatly beneficial to the game and community. Having a comprehensive paper standee archive would have multiple benefits:

• Fielding multiple squads of units (or single heroes) that are extremely expensive now, such as squads in the later waves or Aquilla's Alliance.
  • Inexpensively demoing the game to new players without carting around boxes and boxes of expensive collector's items.
  • Right now, due to the cost of the game, the barrier to entry is high enough that the only people who truly get into Heroscape are people who were into it when it was active. High-quality printable standees would lower that barrier to "access to a print shop and twenty bucks to print out all the units in the game, and some cutting and taping"
  • More kid friendly - no danger in showing your younger family members the game if it's in paper form. Nothing to be stolen or broken, aside from terrain, but that can be ameliorated by AOTP boards or mats.
Of course, a downside is depth of the "figures" and visibility when considering ranged attacks, but I feel like that's a concession you'd simply have to make.

What I'd want for this project are people to help me with taking quality photos of the official units (placed against a white background for ease of photo editing), or helping me find existing pictures of sufficient quality. One picture per unit - all the squad members could even be in the same picture. I'm aware that there is a gallery of small .gifs of the units, but I feel as though they are a bit too low quality for my purposes, and those pictures only work for "medium 5" units. I can definitely do part of this myself, but the only camera I have access to is my iphone 5s....not exactly the height of quality.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in helping me with this project.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units