Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Interesting. I want to try to figure out a way to get down to three powers if possible, but I like your power set there. Shared Powers seems like a necessity and I like how you made him flexible for Titans or Outsiders (he was an Outsider?) armies if the Marvel Family isn't around.

Still, with Shared Powers he won't be much to speak of without Billy in the mix.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Interesting. I want to try to figure out a way to get down to three powers if possible, but I like your power set there. Shared Powers seems like a necessity and I like how you made him flexible for Titans or Outsiders (he was an Outsider?) armies if the Marvel Family isn't around.

Still, with Shared Powers he won't be much to speak of without Billy in the mix.
I think some of what you had over on your write up with Marvel Family Powers would be cool on a Talky Tawny. Freddy just isn't the character to really bring the family together, in my opinion. Shared powers is obviously pulled from Mary, and I agree is a necessity. Especially if someday we create the additions to the family brought on by New 52 and Rebirth.

He was indeed an Outsider. He helped for a short time when the team was run by Dick and Roy. Then joined in full for a short period later. The fact that power 1 and 4 basically are independent of one another made me more comfortable with 4. I'm not opposed to 3 by any means. I think I also was kind of following the 4 power set up on Billy and Mary.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, you've clearly looked at their cards more recently than I have! I like that you're in line with precedent here. And you make a great point that most of the time only the first or fourth power is going to be active during a game. And even then the first one will be "here's his class" and that's it. So the meat is really in the middle.

I like the direction. It'd be cool to have more Interlopers to work with as well. It's a faction I've been trying to ramp up as of late (advertisement: test Black Lightning, everybody! ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep. So he can be a champion and thus a Leaguer (which he also was), a Titan, or an Outsider. But not all 3. The initial line of "if there is not another human Captain Marvel" makes it so you literally can't overlap them. I'm fairly certain his time on those teams he wasn't on super good terms with the Marvel family, so it fits the theme well.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Really cool how that all worked out. Sometimes after 800+ designs things struggle to fit in properly, so it's really cool to see an instance where things neatly fall into place. Well done.

Old January 11th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do not forget about Hoppy the Marvel Bunny.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

And Thunder the Marvel Legionnaire.
Old January 11th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think Shared Powers would need a wording tweak if we wanted to reuse it. Right now it pretty heavily discourages drafting him with Mary and Billy, because you'd have to roll twice and double your chances of losing your powers when you took a turn with one of them.

I think if we just tweaked it so that only ever had to roll once for all figures with the special power, that would solve the problem.

You could probably simplify the wording of the first power to:

Quote:
If there is not another Human Captain Marvel in your army, for this game you may choose for Captain Marvel to have the class of Interloper or Titan instead of what is listed on this card.
Technically dropping the 'have another one of these dudes' requirement gives him a little flex in a Star-Lord build, but mostly it doesn't really matter.

Not really up on the Captain Marvel mythos, but Mister Mind is one I'd really want to see designed.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Book Wyrm

I think for the class switching ability I was kind of following the spirit of Squirrel Girl on the design. While he's had time on each team, I don't know that any of them are particularly iconic enough so I don't know about a free flex pick. I'm more okay with it with keeping the "no other Marvel" line in there.

Definitely updating the shared powers would be a great idea, especially if we decide on that as a unifying factor. I'd hate for that die rolling to just wreck a Marvel family team.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:59 AM

I'm cool with that change. Technically I believe it's thematic that more of them sharing the powers of SHAZAM makes them more likely to fail, but I don't want to actively discourage playing them together either.

Old January 11th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I think for the class switching ability I was kind of following the spirit of Squirrel Girl on the design. While he's had time on each team, I don't know that any of them are particularly iconic enough so I don't know about a free flex pick. I'm more okay with it with keeping the "no other Marvel" line in there.
Yeah, I get that. You could probably just leave the conditionals in, but I like keeping the powers pretty streamlined on a four-power card and the flex won't usually matter - generally if you want him to be a Titan, it's because you have other Titans, and if you want him to be an Interloper, it's because you have other Interlopers.

The flex does let him sneak into a Star-Lord build with another Champion, but he's an unattractive pick for Star-Lord anyway, so I don't see it as much of an issue.

Or, uh, I guess you could use the flex version to make it so that an opponent's Allen the Alien couldn't challenge him? Seems like kind of a corner case, though.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:06 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY MASTERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

PHOTOREFLEXIVE MEMORY
Whenever a Human figure uses a special ability within 5 spaces of Taskmaster, for the rest of the game treat Taskmaster as if he had that special ability, replacing the name of the figure with Taskmaster.

SWORD & SHIELD
When Taskmaster attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 to his Attack. When Taskmaster defends against an adjacent figure, add 2 to his Defense.

OLYMPIC TRAINING
When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

SHIELD THROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
When Taskmaster attacks with this special attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

What's up with claymation?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy