Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 4th, 2022, 11:42 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
After I backed away from the 'Scape community (for a fairly long stretch now) I became really involved in the HeroQuest community. I always loved the simplicity of HeroQuest, doubly so since the game is easy to customize, similar to the way 'Scape is. The HeroQuest community is an amazing community and has been going fairly strong since the game went out of production over 30 years ago. For those of you who don't know the combat system invented for HeroQuest and BattleMasters is what HeroScape is pretty much based around.

Anyway, Hasbro has left the online HeroQuest community alone since the reprinting of the game last year. And I mean that in a good way! They have had a few hiccups with the community when it's come to passing information along to us, as well as some distribution issues with an exclusive they unfortunitely put out. (You should see the scalpers prices for the Knights these days). They said that they under estimated the demand for that exclusive and said it will not happen again. We're just hoping that they have learned from their mistakes which seems to be the case.
Thanks a lot for the recap, it's promissing

do Heroquest had semi official custom like VC did? If yes, is there some collision between custom design and new heroquest releases or is it clear from the beginning that they are took in account for future release?
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
After I backed away from the 'Scape community (for a fairly long stretch now) I became really involved in the HeroQuest community. I always loved the simplicity of HeroQuest, doubly so since the game is easy to customize, similar to the way 'Scape is. The HeroQuest community is an amazing community and has been going fairly strong since the game went out of production over 30 years ago. For those of you who don't know the combat system invented for HeroQuest and BattleMasters is what HeroScape is pretty much based around.

Anyway, Hasbro has left the online HeroQuest community alone since the reprinting of the game last year. And I mean that in a good way! They have had a few hiccups with the community when it's come to passing information along to us, as well as some distribution issues with an exclusive they unfortunitely put out. (You should see the scalpers prices for the Knights these days). They said that they under estimated the demand for that exclusive and said it will not happen again. We're just hoping that they have learned from their mistakes which seems to be the case.
Thanks a lot for the recap, it's promissing

do Heroquest had semi official custom like VC did? If yes, is there some collision between custom design and new heroquest releases or is it clear from the beginning that they are took in account for future release?
No semi official customs from any of the online HeroQuest groups. For the most part no one touches the simple, base rules of the game. What people do is build on top of the rules, adding in things that they personally enjoy. Additional characters, spells, skills, monsters, etc. There are so many ways to add on to that game that everyone simply customizes it to their own independent tastes.

Besides, the game is not something you play competitively, say at a tournament like "scape. It's a co-op dungeon crawl board game with elements of role playing in it. There's a "GM", and then there's the players. As long as you don't overpower any item or monster the sky is the limit. I've personally customized the hell out of it. Not only additional characters, skills and spells, but the board itself.

As for the current releases they are all (so far) redone and slightly updated Quest packs from 30 years ago. (This game has been out of print for an extremely long time!) In other words there have been no surprises there. The Mythic Tier version of the game came with three brand new Quests but since they are based on the same rules everyone else uses there weren't many issues with them. There was the need for the community to do an errata on the Quests though, and some were better than others. But that's another story. Hope that helps!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion