Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 20th, 2017, 01:40 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart
game mat question

Has anyone used the game mats made by gamematz.com? They have a few ocean/water based mats of various sizes (3'x3', 3'x4', etc.), and have an option to include a hex pattern. I think the HS hex size is 1.75 inches, please correct me if this is wrong.

I'm looking to get some feedback to see how well they work with HS terrain. I searched through some of the other forums but didn't see anything about these mats.

Thanks!
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:39 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: game mat question

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
Has anyone used the game mats made by gamematz.com? They have a few ocean/water based mats of various sizes (3'x3', 3'x4', etc.), and have an option to include a hex pattern. I think the HS hex size is 1.75 inches, please correct me if this is wrong.

I'm looking to get some feedback to see how well they work with HS terrain. I searched through some of the other forums but didn't see anything about these mats.

Thanks!
I don't know the 'Scape hex size off hand, but my Sky Mat is 1.75", and works fine, so I'd go with that. A lot of great terrain choices. Definitely getting one of these. gamematz.com - nice find!

Old April 19th, 2017, 12:09 PM

TIM0THY is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post

Thanks!

I've had the same thing on my mind. Except I think I'll get an earth tone mat, not a water one. I think it will save a lot of time on setup and cleanup. Are you going to get a vinyl one or a pro felt one?
Old April 25th, 2017, 01:15 PM

I got a vinyl mat but really haven't done much with it yet. I'll try to post photos later.
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:35 PM

Okay. Here are some pics of the mat with some random terrain. Matches very well (I order the 1.75" hexes). The mat is 3x4 feet, which is larger than the folding table I have, but we don't play Scape on it anyway. The corners do bend from being rolled up in the cardboard tube it was shipped in. This is the only vinyl mat I've ever ordered for a game so I can't make a comparison to others. I can say that I like it and would get another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mat1.jpg (899.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg mat2.jpg (995.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mat3.jpg (907.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg mat4.jpg (862.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mat5.jpg (910.6 KB, 3 views)
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM

TIM0THY is surprisingly tart

Cool. Makes for a nice archipelago effect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion