Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 29th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
IAmBatman's non-Super Customs *6/12/07* Nazis/Chess

Since my Marvelscape customs thread has gotten so crowded, and I'm starting to make a lot of customs with non-Marvel flavor, I thought I'd open up a thread here for my non-super customs.
I'll start it off with two fairly new ones - the Witch of Endor (I wanted to make a necromancer) and the Light Brigade (based off the poem).
I'll probably move a lot of my non super customs over from there eventually as well.
Questions/comments/critiques welcome as always!

I did these ones in response to a request for some WWII figs. I thought I should put them in with the rest of my stuff, though.

I did these ones as part of a thread on Chess customs. It's my best attempt at converting the game of Chess to Heroscape.

Old May 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Batman,

Here are some comments on your cards...

Witch of Endor

Where's the Ewoks?

Raise the Dead - You can simplify this:
"Before moving, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, you may place any previously destroyed friendly figure on a same level space adjacent to Witch of Endor."

Zombification -

I have some questions for you to consider...
What if I have the witch but didn't draft the Zombies? Do I still get to replace the figures?
Do you take a zombie from on the battlefield (you say to replace with a figure under your control) and move it next to the witch, or do you take one from off the card?

I do like that if you use the zombie power it affects your own guys... But it is very unclear how to use this power...

Light Brigade - It would be foolish to roll for the passing swipe against these guys... Interesting idea for a power...

If you are trying to emulate the official cards, the characters name and the race, etc on the left are all capitalized...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:17 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Batman,

Here are some comments on your cards...

Witch of Endor

Where's the Ewoks?
I know you were just joking here, but actually, the Witch of Endor is one of the more notable "necromancers" in history (or legend, whatever your perspective may be).

"In the Hebrew Bible, the Witch of Endor of the First book of Samuel, chapter 28:4–25, was a witch, a woman "who possesses a talisman", through which she called up the ghost of the recently deceased prophet Samuel, at the demand of King Saul of Israel."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_of_Endor

Quote:
Raise the Dead - You can simplify this:
"Before moving, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, you may place any previously destroyed friendly figure on a same level space adjacent to Witch of Endor."
Thanks for the tip - I wanted to make sure there would be no confusion (like - hey, I haven't moved yet, thus it's before moving, thus I can use the power) but I understand that the implication of your wording is that it's only during an activation. I used your wording in my revision.

Quote:
Zombification -

I have some questions for you to consider...
What if I have the witch but didn't draft the Zombies? Do I still get to replace the figures?
Do you take a zombie from on the battlefield (you say to replace with a figure under your control) and move it next to the witch, or do you take one from off the card?

I do like that if you use the zombie power it affects your own guys... But it is very unclear how to use this power...
This one was tough to try to get across. What I was trying to go for was that you'd be able to turn other characters into Zombies, whether or not Zombies were previously a part of your or anyone else's army.

Of course where you'll run into trouble is if you don't have any extra Zombies sitting on the side of the board (something to consider before drafting her), but most customs are only something you'd use in fun household games anyhow, not in competitions, so I figured this wouldn't be too hard to enact.

I tried to get this across in revised wording - which is a bit longer than it originally was - any advice on how to improve the revised wording is, of course, appreciated.

Quote:
Light Brigade - It would be foolish to roll for the passing swipe against these guys... Interesting idea for a power...
You're right, it would be foolish. I forgot, in fact, that these swipes were optional, so I'm glad you pointed that out! I changed the wording so that any time they risk such a strike (thus whether you decide to roll for it or not) the power comes into effect. This way you'd be foolish not to roll for it and the thematic value of them as a group of suicide shock troops is preserved.

Please let me know if the revised wording is making sense.

Quote:
If you are trying to emulate the official cards, the characters name and the race, etc on the left are all capitalized...
Ah, I'd actually never noticed that before. Now that I've got a whole bunch of customs under my belt, I'm trying to improve the overall look and professionalism of my customs. Your advice really helps a lot, making me glad that I started a thread over here instead of just sticking with the one in the Marvel section. Thanks for all the comments/advice![/quote]
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:08 AM

Update: added some other non-super customs from my Marvel thread (Benedict Arnold and British Infantry).
I don't have any figs for either. I think the British Infantry could easily be done as 4th Line repaints (but I only have one set of 4th Line right now, so I'm not repainting any of them). I did use the hit zones from the 4th Line though.
Benedict Arnold I don't have anything for, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows a good figure for him.
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
So you can replace the figures with Zombies even if you have not drafted them or built the Zombies in your army? What good would that do and how would you control them without an army card????

I'll comment on the new (to me) ones tomorrow...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:44 AM

You'd essentially be adding free troops - which was my intent on this custom. It's a bit outside the box, I know. If you have the figures, I assume you'd have the card as well ...
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:52 AM

PS I really appreciate all the great feedback so far, Doc.

PPS If you (or anyone) has an idea of how I could make my intentions clearer on the Witch of Endor's card (i.e. that her power allows you to add Zombies and their card to your army) please chime in.
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:27 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Daring of you to make Arnold as a British unique hero. I'd use 2 figs and make him switch sides on a 20-sider roll. Make him a mounted character. Arnold was riding a black horse at 2nd Freeman's Farm and seems to have favored black horses throughout his career.
PS: Nice little inside joke on the Witch of Endor.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks for the comments, Rob!
I figured it'd be a little rough to make Arnold a common hero, since, you know, there was only one of him!
He, maybe I should give the WoE a bonding squad of Ewoks or something ...
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:42 PM

After discussing the idea of a future Ullar based Master Set, I decided to post my custom Mischevious Ent.
The figure is from GamesWorkshop and requires at least one Road to the Forgotten Forest set to use. I'm not sure of the figure's actual height, so the Large 9 was a bit of a guess. Hope you like!
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:55 AM

I put up some WWII customs that came from someone's request for such a thing and some customs that evolved from a thread on converting chess to Heroscape.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM

Hawk14 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
On the Chess Card I noticed it said that you cannot attack an enemy figure
that is next to another enemy figure or an enemy figure that you are
adjacent too...and his range is 1....???

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards