Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 9th, 2016, 11:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

@akden , I thoroughly love Zombicide: Black Plague. I only wish I had any ideas on what kickstarter was or about when it came out I would have dove in. I currently have All the zombicide game boxes except angry neighbors and also picked up ZBP and wulfsburg. I'm super jealous about the abomination sculpts you guys got as stretch goals. I'll have to pick them all up when they come out on retail soon. I also backed massive darkness, and went 353 dollars on Rum and bones 2nd tide. CMON has easily become a favorite of mine.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@akden , I thoroughly love Zombicide: Black Plague. I only wish I had any ideas on what kickstarter was or about when it came out I would have dove in. I currently have All the zombicide game boxes except angry neighbors and also picked up ZBP and wulfsburg. I'm super jealous about the abomination sculpts you guys got as stretch goals. I'll have to pick them all up when they come out on retail soon. I also backed massive darkness, and went 353 dollars on Rum and bones 2nd tide. CMON has easily become a favorite of mine.
I know the feeling. I'm still disappointed that I missed the Kickstarter exclusives for Blood Rage (easily one of my favorite games) and the original Arcadia Quest.
Old June 10th, 2016, 01:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm really curious about the zombie bosses pack abominations and what cards come with them. I could easily make my own cards to get to play with them early as I have many trolls and minotaurs.

Old June 10th, 2016, 06:54 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Hail Atlantis!"
--Donovan

Mare Nostrum Empires with its Atlas Expansion has arrived in Brooklyn. Its very pretty.
Old June 10th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Hail Atlantis!"
--Donovan

Mare Nostrum Empires with its Atlas Expansion has arrived in Brooklyn. Its very pretty.
Awesome! I got mine yesterday but haven't opened it yet. I still have about 50 minis to clean up and assemble from my wave 2 stuff from Mercs Recon that I got just over a week ago. I have about 120 done.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 10th, 2016, 11:29 PM
"like" happy

Hey @akden , have you been following massive darkness very close. I'm kind of disappointed with add on stuff they put on there. It makes me think that they are going to start upping all their stuff and be greedy.

Old June 10th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hey @akden , have you been following massive darkness very close. I'm kind of disappointed with add on stuff they put on there. It makes me think that they are going to start upping all their stuff and be greedy.
CMON does it for most of their Kickstarters. I know they did it for both Arcadia Quests, all the Zombicides, Masmorra, Xenoshyft, the Others, etc. It causes people to pledge more money and ups the stretch goal totals. By the time the pledge manager comes through, there will be lots of ways to spend way more than a Lightbringer pledge.

I usually consider it like investing in the stock market: I put in my pledge, and then I don't look again until it's almost done. Then I can say, "Wow! Look at all the stuff I earned!"
Old June 11th, 2016, 12:21 AM
"like" happy

Oh, I know how that works. I added every figure pack in rum in bones 2nd tide. My complaint is that the one they put on is 40 bucks for 4 figures, I am not going to go for them at that price, and that makes me a little sad.

Old June 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Finally got all the minis from my Mercs Recon wave 2 delivery de-flashed, cleaned up and assembed/glued. There were anywhere from just the mini and base, to up to 6 pieces in some cases with body, both arms, head and backpack. Started a little over a week ago.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 13th, 2016, 08:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Mare Nostrum Empires rules seem to be simple, short, and well organized. There is a nice player aid to help out. A new Kickstarter Update is offering further game support materials on the Academy Games website.

The MNE Atlas Expansion box includes the two and six player versions. There are also three "Legendary City" expansions focusing respectively on Trade (Syracuse), Culture (Jerusalem), and War (Troy), any or all of which can be added by swopping out some of the older Heroes and Wonders for new replacements. There are also Bonus Cards for each which add in more special abilities for famous Ancient World oracles, units, and even the favor of some gods. Included are one alternative version each for the 3, 4,and 5 player games, using different empires in play. The Expansion includes more game tokens, and new Heroes and Wonders.

First games coming up here in Brooklyn this Wednesday!
Old June 13th, 2016, 03:05 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
JohnGee,

Or you could just look at my Epic BC150 on bgg in the Files section!
As they say in JrrZee . . . "been there, done that" (~~~lol~~~)

I did look-up, down-load, and print-out your "Epic BC150" file acouple of years ago, probably the last time I mentioned my desire and you suggested your methodology. I'm sure that I still have it somewhere in the bin with my BC and other ACW books and games. I still haven't been able to pull it all together and pull it off. But a sincere thanks for reminding me that it's out there for re-review.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 13th, 2016, 03:11 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Interesting news for those of you into RPGs. Paizo, the developers of the Pathfinder RPG, are working on a Science Fantasy RPG called Starfinder. It is set in the future of their Golarion setting. Should be released at GenCon 2017.
Whoooohoooo.... thanks Caps. I am *NOT* into RPGs in at all, but I do like many of the appropriately sized (scaled) figurines that have been produced for the D&D Minis, Star Wars Minis, and Pathfinders games and I am already speculating about possible new custom units for HeroScape, like maybe robots, soulborgs, aliens.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games