Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Braxas

Yeah, she's great against expensive heroes. Just do the math. Against the most expensive sqaddies that Braxas loves to face (Kyrie, Agents, etc) Braxas gasses, on average, about 22 to 24 points per breath. Against any medium hero that costs about 120 or more, Braxas's breath beats that average.

So attempting to gas Kaemon Awa is as good of an opportunity as attempting to gas a Minion of Utgar. And it only gets better from there.
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Thewink 45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ya but if you have luck like me you'll use her (which i have been lately funny this came up) and you'll go in saying oh this guy is dead and you roll a one. Then like everyone is saying she is gone with only 3 defence. To sum this up she is clean up on annoying squads or those last heroes(maybe depends on who it is) left on the board.
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewink 45 View Post
Ya but if you have luck like me you'll use her (which i have been lately funny this came up) and you'll go in saying oh this guy is dead and you roll a one. Then like everyone is saying she is gone with only 3 defence. To sum this up she is clean up on annoying squads or those last heroes(maybe depends on who it is) left on the board.
One of Thorgrim's better uses is on Braxas. Going from 3 defense to 4 is like night and day.

She can be a workhorse if you set her up to be. at 210 points she better be the focal point of the army (standard disclaimer applies: higher point games don't count, as there is no focal point; just madness).
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post
Quote:
One of Thorgrim's better uses is on Braxas. Going from 3 defense to 4 is like night and day.

She can be a workhorse if you set her up to be. at 210 points she better be the focal point of the army (standard disclaimer applies: higher point games don't count, as there is no focal point; just madness).
You know, I've had a lot of luck using higher point heroes (like Braxas) as super-ultra clean-up units. You use the rest of your army to "thin the herd", then Braxas can go in and wipe out the scattered remains. I've found Jotun to work fairly well that way, too.
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post
Quote:

How about:

3X Knights of Weston 210
Thorgrim - 80
Braxas - 210

500/15

That's a pretty nasty one-two punch and OM placement is a breeze.

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Invisibility Treasure Glyph will be Braxas's best friend as her Poison Breath gets around the "attack or special attack" clause of the cloak's deactivation.

Now I will wait until someone reminds me of a bit of wording I have overlooked which negates my finding.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
The Invisibility Treasure Glyph will be Braxas's best friend as her Poison Breath gets around the "attack or special attack" clause of the cloak's deactivation.

Now I will wait until someone reminds me of a bit of wording I have overlooked which negates my finding.
I never thought of that and you show a very high level of intelligence figuring it out.
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Special attacks still work and the cloak only lasts till the end of the round. Not that it completely negates your finding but there are problems none the less.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM

Cat Attack Man is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Does anyone think Braxas would be good with the Greenscales? I've played the Greenscales with Charos, and all Greenscales and my Charos got wiped immediatley by Cyprien.
I often look to play the Greenscales when I draft a dragon. Haven't played them with Braxas yet but I plan to in the next couple of days. This is the army I'm intending - there's bonding all over the place...

Braxas
Kelda
Greenscales x2
Deathreavers x2
Otonashi
500pts
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Attack Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Does anyone think Braxas would be good with the Greenscales? I've played the Greenscales with Charos, and all Greenscales and my Charos got wiped immediatley by Cyprien.
I often look to play the Greenscales when I draft a dragon. Haven't played them with Braxas yet but I plan to in the next couple of days. This is the army I'm intending - there's bonding all over the place...

Braxas
Kelda
Greenscales x2
Deathreavers x2
Otonashi
500pts
Don't really like this army. Braxas should and will be the primary target of your opponent and one she is dead you have no offensive threats at all. Because of the 3 defense, that 8 life does not hold out as long as you would like and Kelda will not help as much as you think she would.
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: The Book of Braxas

In my Experience i have always liked the Krav Maga, Agent Carr Braxas combo. For 410 points you get a squad melting machine, a solid hero killer in Carr and the Krav can clean up the rest, add in raelin and now were talking about some serious issues..

To my understanding Braxas is currently behind Nilf in "Whos the best Dragon" Forum. I think thats Bogus, her special really is one of a kind, and is far too devastating to put her anything less than #1. I get what people are saying about Nilf's versatility, however; i feel people often forget about Her 5 attack, 8life. It terms of survivability BRAXAS is actually slightly better than NILF (that is according to the calculator) Personally i think hands down Braxas takes the cake.
Old June 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

That combo seems like it would be pretty effective against most threats. A hero-heavy army or large squads would destroy Braxas though. 10th Reg would probably do decent as well vs the Braxas, Carr, Krav army.

Nilf has 6 attack for better hero killing (Braxas is more swingy with her Breath). Nilf also has 4 defense, which stops a few more low attack range attacks. The ability to target large and huge figures with his attack is another advantage to Nilfheim. Braxas' advantages are ignoring defense- great against Sentinels and Minions, and not being neutered when engaged to use her special.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units