Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Want:
Heroclix for customs
DC
Commissioner Gordon
Count Vertigo
Joker (in suit with tommy gun)
Martian Manhunter
Phantom Lady
R'as Al-Ghul
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Stargirl
Two-Face
Braniac

Marvel
Banshee
Black Bolt
Captain Britain
Corsair
Crystal
Deadpool
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Medusa
Mr Fantastic
Nick Fury
Phoenix
Powerman (classic 70'/early 80's version)
Phoenix
Spider-Girl
Spider-Woman
Kraven the Hunter
Sandman
The Lizard
Vulture (old guy)

Have:
Base stickers for customs
Urban

Classic

I sell the base stickers for $10/50 so, in proposing a trade, use that as a consideration.

PM me for trades.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM

Tysac is surprisingly tart

Hey Superfly,

All you did was call people names and give opinion...and you tried to quote the American constitution to a Canadian... wow..

And... Jordy wasn't trying to scalp anyone...he was offering a comparative pricing to that of Auggies...which makes your comment negate.

I had made an offer earlier to trade some D&D minis that valued anywhere between 45-60$ for about 30$ worth of Scape. Someone went ahead and posted on the forum that I was ripping people off with my offer because they didn't know the value of the D&D... other people corrected him.... he apologized... but damage has already been done. The post directly under mine had already belittled my trade... Lesson Learned... Move on...

I see people making the same mistake with Jordy...I guess the lesson was not learned.

With every collectible there is a low end pricing for it, and a high end pricing for it. That's because there are often a variety of opinions on how much the item is worth. For someone to clutter up this thread. with their opinions is to severally take away from the effectiveness of this thread.

If ANYONE is to say something and police this forum, it should be the moderators, no one else.

And there is another thread that discusses whether or not you would pay 'X' amount of dollars for item 'X'. It's in the sightings and sales thread. How long have you been on this forum and you still didn't know that?...

I agree with keglo. Power to you Jordy for whatever you can sell them for. Don't let these yahoos bully you with over-emotional opinion and try to pass it off as fact.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysac View Post
Hey Superfly,

All you did was call people names and give opinion...and you tried to quote the American constitution to a Canadian... wow..

And... Jordy wasn't trying to scalp anyone...he was offering a comparative pricing to that of Auggies...which makes your comment negate.

I had made an offer earlier to trade some D&D minis that valued anywhere between 45-60$ for about 30$ worth of Scape. Someone went ahead and posted on the forum that I was ripping people off with my offer because they didn't know the value of the D&D... other people corrected him.... he apologized... but damage has already been done. The post directly under mine had already belittled my trade... Lesson Learned... Move on... People backed you up because there was legitimacy to your asking price. They backed you up almost immediately. Just because nobody bit on your offer, doesn't mean that there was damage done by one misinformed reply. Perhaps no one HERE is interested in those units at that price.

I see people making the same mistake with Jordy...I guess the lesson was not learned. Jordy was not, really, backed up on price. Regardless of the fact that Auggies is asking a price similar, because the community didn't see the legitimacy of his asking price.

With every collectible there is a low end pricing for it, and a high end pricing for it. That's because there are often a variety of opinions on how much the item is worth. For someone to clutter up this thread. with their opinions is to severally take away from the effectiveness of this thread. I consider it looking out for friends. If a friend was buying a car that was over-priced, I would tell me so, and I would want the same courtesy. If someone I didn't know well was looking to buy a house in a given market for a asking price that was way too high, I would also let that person know as well.

If ANYONE is to say something and police this forum, it should be the moderators, no one else. An Admin HAS. See the quote below. Aldin has agreed with SFTNT AND stated that he appreciates the self policing. Your argument does not stand.

And there is another thread that discusses whether or not you would pay 'X' amount of dollars for item 'X'. It's in the sightings and sales thread. How long have you been on this forum and you still didn't know that?... That is a very new thread and it pertains to prices being asked at OTHER sites.

I agree with keglo. Power to you Jordy for whatever you can sell them for. Don't let these yahoos bully you with over-emotional opinion and try to pass it off as fact. There has been no bullying.
You might want to read Aldin's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
If you really need me to ask Aldin or Bunjee to repeat this to you,
Consider it repeated without anyone asking. Thanks, Pete!

~Aldin, appreciating the trade thread's self-regulation
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If ANYONE is to say something and police this forum, it should be the moderators, no one else.
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like an admin already agreed with SuperflyTNT.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

No, we don't want a flame war....what's the point?

Quote:
Hey Superfly,
Uh, no names called, but if you'd like I can start. Newbie is what you are, a new user. Not a name, maybe a label at best. Either way, I understand the Canadian educational system to be quite good, but since you are apparently unaware of it since you think I quoted something when I actually referred to it, perhaps I'm wrong.

Quote:
You're missing the point. I never called anyone a scalper. I stated that the expectation is that if you offer something and someone opines that the price is high, don't cry foul when they do. Don't try to suppress the voices of others simply because you want to sell something. This is a forum, and all are allowed their opinions, even you.

Quote:
I had made an offer earlier to trade some D&D minis that valued anywhere between 45-60$ for about 30$ worth of Scape. Someone went ahead and posted on the forum that I was ripping people off with my offer because they didn't know the value of the D&D... other people corrected him.... he apologized... but damage has already been done. The post directly under mine had already belittled my trade... Lesson Learned... Move on...
See! The system works! You explained the situation and people now know you hooked the dude up!

Quote:
I see people making the same mistake with Jordy...I guess the lesson was not learned.
Well, that's a matter of opinion. It's fine to say that 20$ a pop for 3 figures that really aren't that rare is a bit steep in my estimation, as others have pointed out as well, and he stood by his price. I hope he gets his price, but as you saw, the majority of observers called it a high price, he then rebutted why he priced it how he did, and let the market decide.

Quote:
With every collectible there is a low end pricing for it, and a high end pricing for it.
See, here's the problem. This isn't a collectible miniatures game with blind boosters, rarity schedules, or any of that. Apples and Battleships, not Apples to Apples.

Quote:
That's because there are often a variety of opinions on how much the item is worth. For someone to clutter up this thread. with their opinions is to severally take away from the effectiveness of this thread.
How the heck do you think? It's just another thread, guy, and all these posts have been on-topic, and the point of this thread is to discuss trades and offer items. Where's the problem? Wait...don't answer that.

Quote:
First...
Quote:
Quote:

There's point one, the Admin has spoken.
Quote:
SERIOUSLY... people...stop commenting on other people's offers and deals. It's rude, sometimes ignorant, and overall just plain not the intent or subject of discussion on this forum.
Point two: Maybe stick to your own premise, and remember that forums have long memories of what you've said before.

Quote:
Here is the actual post that Vydar started explaining what this thread is for. Stick to the parameters.
Point Three - Again, you tried to do it, so is it OK for you to do it, but nobody else? Puh-Leeeze. Three Strikes, you're out.

Quote:
And there is another thread that discusses whether or not you would pay 'X' amount of dollars for item 'X'. It's in the sightings and sales thread. How long have you been on this forum and you still didn't know that?...
I've been here almost 2 years, and I appreciate you attempting sarcasm as I'm a huge fan. Sightings and sales is primarily for sightings of new product, and the sales end of that is primarily for pointing out online sales or when a brick-and-mortar is selling out of product at a reduced rate. That being said, it's an open forum so write what you want. Again, USE THE YIELD SIGN AND REPORT A POST YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH.

Quote:
I agree with keglo. Power to you Jordy for whatever you can sell them for. Don't let these yahoos bully you with over-emotional opinion and try to pass it off as fact.
So do I. The difference is that I don't get sad and dejected when someone tells me I'm out of line with my pricing, nor do I start a tirade about how mean and nasty people are for saying it.

Yahoos...did you just call a name?
Quote:
Hey Superfly,
All you did was call people names and give opinion...wow..
Yeah, that's what I thought. No wonder you're handle on the boards is similar to the process of neutering goats....

Now see, THAT was a waste of space in the forum.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. No wonder you're handle on the boards is similar to the process of neutering goats....
With your teeth?

(Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs.)

MegaSilver
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

AND NOW, BACK TO TRADING.

Want:
Heroclix for customs
DC
Commissioner Gordon
Count Vertigo
Joker (in suit with tommy gun)
Martian Manhunter
Phantom Lady
R'as Al-Ghul
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Stargirl
Two-Face
Braniac

Marvel
Banshee
Black Bolt
Captain Britain
Corsair
Crystal
Deadpool
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Medusa
Mr Fantastic
Nick Fury
Phoenix
Powerman (classic 70'/early 80's version)
Phoenix
Spider-Girl
Spider-Woman
Kraven the Hunter
Sandman
The Lizard
Vulture (old guy)

Have:
Base stickers for customs
Urban

Classic

I sell the base stickers for $10/50 so, in proposing a trade, use that as a consideration.

PM me for trades.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy40 View Post
I'm standing by my price of $20 plus $2 shipping for three zombies figures. Auggies sells three zombies for $18 plus $3.50 for shipping. So I'm $.50 more. Is there a revolt against Auggie for his price? I've watched Ebay prices reach $26 plus $3-4 for shipping. At this point I most likely will go to ebay with the zombies. I can't believe how much drama this has raised. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I actually was trying to save someone money by selling them cheaper than ebay. Auggies doesn't have them anymore either. This has been a sad turn of events for this thread in my opinion.
Your justified in your prices I have watched zombies for awhile as well on ebay. They do go for what you said, but occasionally will go for 18-20 as well. However its ebay and prices are anything but constant. I have watched Laglors for about a month never saw one go for below $50. I decided well I really want one and bid even higher then that on the next one. Got it for $38 and it was in great condition. I can give several other examples of this stuff, but you get the point.

I think more so the reason people are going off about it is you are selling it on a community site and I guess people except a deal.
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Tysac is surprisingly tart

Brahaha.. honestly...
-never made the claim that no one took the trade because of the following post....but someone actually did make an offer, on top of that

-tnt way to make this an argument about words to diver the real point...clever tactic, but borderline immature.

-if you have friends who are making bad choices, then talk to them privately. As of yet, and in THIS case Jordy is not offering a bad pricing, it's just on the high end of the items value....so focus on the origin of these comments and the true issue because the headhunt has lead to oh so many rabbit holes.

- Don't berate a countries education system due to a bad word choice.... that would be defined as 'bigoted'.

- N00b is a name; just by giving the definition doesn't change the fact that it's immature and an attempt to belittle someone.

- Not trying to suppress any voice...just pointing out that there is a type and place, and according to the original post that explicitly explains what this thread is for, then this is not the place. If a Mod wants to make this the 'place' for that...then they need to restate that...appropriately to avoid conflicts like this and not give census to over-rated opinion.
- I strongly suggest they don't turn this thread into a circus for opinion and just leave it to facts. Alternatively, they should make a forum more specific for people to argue and discuss pricing, or even come up with heroscapers.com pricing aids. Most other collectible forums do this.

- the thread in the forum I was referring to is called 'would you pay this much?'... I don't see how that is specific to anything other than that which refers to the question. Here's the link http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30156

I know you'll probably have a rebuttle...I probably won't even read it...maybe I will, depends on how much time I have... but either way out of respect to everyone who is trying to use this thread to trade and sell items I'm going to stop.

In fact I even apologize to everyone for taking up so much room and space on this thread.

PS- Jordy for President!
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
... but either way out of respect to everyone who is trying to use this thread to trade and sell items I'm going to stop.
Thank god!

I've added a black Hex Dice Bowl with red lining to my trade offering. It is very Utgar-like
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
<snip>
Dude, do you just not get it??? AN ADMIN HAS AGREED WITH SUPERFLYTNT ON THIS MATTER. It has been quoted for you AT LEAST 3 TIMES. This IS the place to comment on pricing and deals.
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

Well, this was pushed back rather quickly.

Please take a look and if you have a price in mind, please drop me a PM. Or email. Or smoke signal. Even Morse Code would work. Please.

Returns for more.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online