Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 7th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Sentinels has a good mix of skill and luck, IMO. It's a game where you can learn to maximize the card play in the cards you have, but that doesn't control the order in which the cards come up, whether you see a card at all in a given game, or the order of how the villain cards come up either. The only real difference between Sentinels and Pathfinder when it comes to skill and luck, IMO, is that most of the choices in Pathfinder are fairly obvious to me, whereas there can be a lot more strategic nuance to Sentinels (much like Heroscape).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2018, 11:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

@japes I am the same way when it comes to competition. I can usually dial it back with newer/younger players, or dial it up when I play dok or I'm in a tournament, but in general I play to win.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 8th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today I played:

Timeline (diversity)
7 Wonders Duel
Stone Age
Cyclades
DC Deck Building Game
Warparty

Old December 9th, 2018, 12:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a chock full day of gaming!
Old December 9th, 2018, 02:06 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Railways of Nippon yesterday. Might be my favorite Railways map, especially for 2 players, because most of the spaces are either water or mountain making expansion expensive. I was able to secure a one point win in a nail biter.

To keep the theme going, we opened up Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan and began the arduous application of stickers to the blocks. Set it up to play, but decided we didn't have enough time to finish it and since the kids were finishing up a Pokemon tournament we decided to play Scoville.

Before we left the store, we decided to open a box of Magic Ultimate Masters because we needed a fix. We pulled a Liliana of the Veil box topper and a normal Liliana. Just those 2 cards more than paid for the box. All in all more than doubled the money for the box in value with about 20 cards being worth $15 or more. The box topper was $225 by itself. Most of them sold last night. Crazy.
Old December 9th, 2018, 03:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sekigahara is a wonderful game! I was perhaps never so proud as when I won my second game of it!
Old December 10th, 2018, 11:43 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Forgot to mention that I have a plan for 40K Gaslands using Speed Freeks models with Gaslands rules. I think it will look pretty cool and cater to the 40K crowd. I have 130% upscaled templates which should help with the scale difference.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:40 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My ultimate dream game, btw, is still basically Gloomhaven with a Superhero theme.
I知 working on a few game designs in my spare time, and I feel the same way as you, so my big, most ambitious one is basically this. (Well, maybe more similar to Mage Knight than Gloomhaven, but still inspired by both).

Still working on basic mechanics, so it痴 a LOOOOONG way off, but I値l call you when I need testers

I知 focusing on other games in the meantime too, that are less intensive. So that値l air it further off too.
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
My ultimate dream game, btw, is still basically Gloomhaven with a Superhero theme.
I知 working on a few game designs in my spare time, and I feel the same way as you, so my big, most ambitious one is basically this. (Well, maybe more similar to Mage Knight than Gloomhaven, but still inspired by both).

Still working on basic mechanics, so it痴 a LOOOOONG way off, but I値l call you when I need testers

I知 focusing on other games in the meantime too, that are less intensive. So that値l air it further off too.
I'm a willing tester also .

Pick me!
Old December 13th, 2018, 08:38 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

I've got various designs I've tinkered with over time as well. If you ever want to compare notes, let me know. I really have no financial ambitions with game design, it's just a fun project for me and something that I want to result in things that are fun to play.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 13th, 2018, 10:11 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've got various designs I've tinkered with over time as well. If you ever want to compare notes, let me know. I really have no financial ambitions with game design, it's just a fun project for me and something that I want to result in things that are fun to play.
Didn't we discuss this before. I think we were suppose to exchange notes at one point. It must have been right before my accident and your family expansion and we both lost track of it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:05 AM

We should all connect on the Discord.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games