Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
Jexik wrote
Quote:
For those annoyed by his cost, get Alastair too for 210. I'd say that Alastair+Gilbert> Charos in most Valiant armies.
The tough question is, if you have 110 points left in your knight army, do you go with Gilbert or Alastair?
Gilbert. Next?

Heh, sorry I was just really impressed by him. It really depends on the rest of your army and what you expect to face. Gil and Al fill different roles in your army. Gil does his a little better, but an army with only KoW and Gilbert won't exactly scare your opponent with its offensive potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:01 PM

TexMex Woo who?
I love Gilbert. He's only ever gone down in one game, and that's because Mrs. TexMex thought it'd be funny to summon him into some "hot lava death!" But in the first game I played with him, he was my last figure standing in a four way battle. When it was finally down to two players, he managed to out-maneuver Drake and Raelin, killing both and grabbing the win

The Daily Pugle
Albuquerque, NM-NHSD Tourney 2008 Results:
TexMex: 2nd Place
Mrs. TexMex: 8th Place--Out of 10
PS I lost every battle in my first tourney
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I don't know. With Alastair you get a possible of 6 attacks. 2 of them are fairly impressive (Alastair and overextended Alastair) With Gilbert you get 5 attacks and maybe 1 or 2 better than average (4 if the knights are adjacent), but at the same time, your knights can get to the battle quicker (Jandar's dispatch.) It's a tough call and I go back and forth all the time. (It's not even funny how often I change my mind.)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
One of my favorite tricks with Gilbert is to use Jandar's dispatch to ford rivers. Use it to move a squad member into water, and then during the Knights' turn, have them get out and surprise your opponent on the other side of the water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
One of my favorite tricks with Gilbert is to use Jandar's dispatch to ford rivers. Use it to move a squad member into water, and then during the Knights' turn, have them get out and surprise your opponent on the other side of the water!
That's a nice play - I pulled that one a few days ago and was stunned by how awesome it was.
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Doey08 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The highest roll for "dispatching" I got was 4

Here is a good army for Jandar: (All squads, other than gilbert)

Name........Points

Sir Gilbert....105
Templar Cavalry..120
Knights of Weston x3 210 (Total of 3)
4th Mass......70

TOTAL POINTS: 505 (510 point games reccomended for this army)

Knights, Cavalry, Minutemen-What's better than that?

Last edited by Doey08; May 21st, 2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sir Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doey08 View Post
The highest roll for "dispatching" I got was 4

Here is a good army for Jandar: (All squads, other than gilbert)

Name........Points

Sir Gilbert....105
Templar Cavalry..120
Knights of Weston x3 210 (Total of 3)
4th Mass......70

TOTAL POINTS: 505 (510 point games for this army)
I try to fit Sir Gilbert in all my KoW armies, and he will be valuable with Sir Dupuis as he will help the KoWs keep up with Sir Dupuis' faster movement. If you want Sir Dupuis with KoWs, it seems that Sir Gilbert is a good fit.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

The first time I ever drafted Sir Gilbert was playing my best friend on Migol's Tomb. Gilbert rolled six Jandar symbols and rallied a squad of 4th Mass up to the top of the tomb, high ground they held for the rest of the game. It was epic watching them be moved even faster than their normal movement.
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:17 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
The first time I ever drafted Sir Gilbert was playing my best friend on Migol's Tomb. Gilbert rolled six Jandar symbols and rallied a squad of 4th Mass up to the top of the tomb, high ground they held for the rest of the game. It was epic watching them be moved even faster than their normal movement.
Sir Gilbert is almost like a general/commander. When I don't have valiant army and use the omnicrons for range, he helps them gain height advantage faster, which boosts deadly shot considerably. Of course, the same applies to the 4th Mass. He is my favorite FB.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old August 9th, 2008, 05:02 AM

Hoser is surprisingly tart

I used to wonder what the big deal was with this guy because I used to think that you could move 4 squad members up to X movement total, not each. When I realized it was each, pardon my caps, but... HOLY COW! HE'S AWESOME! We played two games, but with the second one keeping the original army and adding 210 more points. The first game, my friends were shocked by the number of troops moved (bonded with the KOW and had 4th Mass), the second game they decided to team up against me to take him out. Definitely worth the A ranking.

Recommended Traders: Worseley, podymfd, Rocktroll

I like to think of this as less of a trade and more as begging.
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:52 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I agree that he is good, but why is he 105 points, not 100 or 110?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

That odd number makes you work to fit him into powerful armies. Its the same reason that Nilf, Zelrig, Sujoah, Jotun, etc. all have that extra 5 points. You have to really work to get them to fit into an army. At least that's how I see it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units