Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 16th, 2007, 02:34 AM

axebaneblade has disabled reputation
Draft Cards released! (300, 400 & 500 pt. cards)

WARNING & UPDATE: Ok, for those who have downloaded and not yet printed my Draft Cards, there is a GRAPHICAL ERROR on the 300 Point cards. I appologize to those who have allready printed the 300 Point cards. I myself have a deck I printed and cut out that has the error.

The good news is that I am going to released a fixed version, and include an editable version as well that will be compatible with Microsoft Word or OpenOffice (fingers crossed)

OLD NEWS: I have compleated the first version of these cards! The 300 & 400 pt cards are available in the RULES VARIENTS download section! (for some reason, the 500 pt cards have not been approved yet.)

300 POINT CARDS:http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=508

400 POINT CARDS:http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=509

I am creating a PDF of what I'm currently calling Draft Cards. The idea is that these can be cut out as cards and used to speed up the drafting proccess. The players could draw a few from the deck, then roll a d20. Highest roll drafts their army first, by choosing one of cards out of the ones drawn from the deck. Or, they can simply be used for ideas when you are trying to decide what kind of army to build. (When these are done, I will of course be uploading the PDF here on Scapers for you all to use)

These are not neccesarily meant to be tournament worthy, allthough several of the 400 point and 500 point cards that I have allready created were based on tournament builds that I found here on scapers. (with the creators name on the card)

Please post YOUR favorite 300, 400, or 500 point build[/color] using any figures you wish. (I will worry about keeping track of which waves are used)

CARD EXAMPLE TAKEN FROM THE ORIGINAL WORK IN PROGRESS:

"Systematic, sympathetic
Quite pathetic, apologetic, paramedic
Your heart is prosthetic."

-Blue October (X Amount of Words)
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
The concept is great. I did a similar thing for a game day a few weeks ago. I put together a dozen 400 pt armies of relatively equal ability and numbered them. I set up three maps for the kids to play on, and had them draw numbers out of a hat. It worked out well and saved a ton of time.

The problem with your cards is, even though they will work well for you and your collection of figures, they will not "match up" with other people's figure collections. For instance, I have multiples of almost all commons and almost never want to field an army without multiples. Also, your cards are for 300 point armies, whereas many people play with 500 point armies.

Again, the idea is great, but I think it is something where you could share the "concept" and leave it up to everyone (who wants to) to make their own Pre-Built Draft Cards.
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
We use this concept all the time and have created about 20 pages of random armies. The armies were generated with Billy Barou's drafter program with synergies turned on.

http://mail.magnaspeed.net/~seyer/hsdraft.htm

The only bad thing about this system is that the armies fluctuate as I get more packs. The drafter throws multiple commons in an army if you have them. So whenever I get new figures, I have to make new army cards.

That Drafter makes thoroughly vicious armies BTW.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot
We use this concept all the time and have created about 20 pages of random armies. The armies were generated with Billy Barou's drafter program with synergies turned on.

http://mail.magnaspeed.net/~seyer/hsdraft.htm
Acctually, the first version of these cards (created for myself) was inspired by the (downloadable version) Suprisingly Tart Draft Wizard.

When I started playing with that Draft Wizard, I LOVED it, and the same night i discovered it i created the first PDF, by copying/pasting my favorite builds that the program created. (which contains 60 cards, 20 for each of 300 pts. 400 pts. & 500 pts.)

"Systematic, sympathetic

Old February 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
The problem with your cards is, even though they will work well for you and your collection of figures, they will not "match up" with other people's figure collections. For instance, I have multiples of almost all commons and almost never want to field an army without multiples. Also, your cards are for 300 point armies, whereas many people play with 500 point armies.

Again, the idea is great, but I think it is something where you could share the "concept" and leave it up to everyone (who wants to) to make their own Pre-Built Draft Cards.
Right now I'm re-aranging the cards in the PDF to create seperate pages for different collections of figures. So far I have two pages of just Master Set figures in the 300 pt range. At the top of each page, It will tell you what Waves are included on the page. This way, players can just print the pages that they want. (Those who have part of a wave can print the page and only cut out the ones they have)

Of course there would also be cards that contain more than one Wave.

The main reason I am going to do this project is that the cards will also be used for custom Campaign Rules that I am working on. The idea being that you would build your own deck of cards from the cards of your choice. (almost like Magic: the Gathering) Then when you select re-incforcements, (once per campaign turn) you would draw from your own deck a certain number of cards (based on the # of territories that you hold) and select from those to add to your re-inforcements. When a battle occurs, you would select from your "hand" of Draft Cards and get to use those figures in the battle.

I plan to include a "blank card" page that would allow players of the campaign to create thier own army builds, to ensure that they have the kinds of armies they really like in thier deck.

EDIT: I'm thinking of scraping the numbering system on the final cards and just use names, since the decks will all be "custom built" by the players.[/b]

"Systematic, sympathetic

Old February 17th, 2007, 12:10 AM

I just uploaded 3 PDF files of the first version of my cards! (300, 400, & 500 pt cards)

Once they are approved, please give them a look and toss me some feedback guys! :P (I'm excited, can you tell?)

"Systematic, sympathetic

Old February 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Downloaded and put into my hs binder. Yippee! These are awesome, thanks man.
Old February 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM

Heads up guys, somehow the 300 Point cards got messed up on the top two cards of the backside sheet. Its a thin line that doesnt mess it up too bad, but nonetheless is there.

My appologies on that. Expect a corrected version soon.

"Systematic, sympathetic

Old February 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Great idea. One thought, drawing cards won't necessarily work with only one master set. For example on the 300 point cards, Drake appears on 4 cards. Guess you could always discard and draw again though.
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
Great idea. One thought, drawing cards won't necessarily work with only one master set. For example on the 300 point cards, Drake appears on 4 cards. Guess you could always discard and draw again though.
Yes, when using only one master set, you will have cards that confict.

However, I did keep track of the times a unit was used on a card, trying to spread them out somewhat evenly (while using the less effective/less popular units a little less often)

"Systematic, sympathetic

Old February 19th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very cool idea! Even though we use the Tart Draft Wizard these could come in handy when a computer is not available.

Thanks for the work and look forward to seeing some others that incorporate other waves!

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions