Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 22nd, 2018, 01:55 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscaper 101 custom playtest [Updated]

Name Of Figure Being Playtested: Stitches

475 points:

Armies: Team 1 - Stitches(115), Sudema(140), Shades of Bleakewoode(100) and 2x Zombies of Morindan(120)
vs
Team 2 - Izumi Samurai(60), Kaemon Awa(120), Kozuke Samurai(100) and Tagawa Samurai(120)

Map: Home of the Drow and no Glyphs

Provide a brief summary of the game: I proxy the Zombie of Morindan miniature for my custom hero Stitches.

How many kills: None

How many wounds dealt: None
Heroes

Wounds dealt to Stitches: 2 wounds dealt by Tagawa Samurai on round 6 turn 2/ 2 skulls vs 0 shields, Tagawa Samurai killed Stitches on round 6 turn 3/ 1 skull vs 0 shields and Kozuke Samurai dealt 1 wound on round 8 turn 1/ 2 skulls vs 1 shield

Which units survived: (2 life Stitches, Full life Sudema, 1 squad of Shades and 2 squads of Zombies)

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play: (Analyze how you feel about the unit. Do you think they're worth their points? More? Less?

Stench of Death: once on round 3 turn 2 against Izumi Samurai, once on round 3 turn 3 with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 3 skulls vs 2 shields against Izumi Samurai, once on round 5 turn 2 against Izumi Samurai with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 3 skulls vs 0 shields, once on round 5 turn 3 with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 6 skulls vs 1 shield against Kaemon Awa, once on round 6 turn 1 with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 4 skulls vs 0 shields against Kozuke Samurai, once on round 6 turn 2 against Tagawa Samurai with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 4 skulls vs 1 shield, once on round 7 turn 2 with a normal Zombie Attack/ 1 skull vs 0 shields against Kozuke Samurai, once on round 7 turn 3 against Tagawa Samurai with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 3 skulls vs 1 shield, once on round 8 turn 2 with a normal Zombie Attack/ 1 skull vs 0 shields against Kozuke Samurai and once on round 3 turn 3 with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 3 skulls vs 1 shield against Izumi Samurai

Total: 10 times

Zombie Rises Again: once on round 7 turn 1 with Zombie Onslaught Special Attack/ 5 skulls vs 1 shield against Tagawa Samurai

Total: 1 time

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
- He works well with Zombies of Morindan.
- You do have the Paralyzing Fear with the Zombie Hulk.
- His power is like the Blight Reavers from Arena of the Planeswalker, but there is only one of him.
The figure used for this unit is Spellstiched Hobgoblin Zombie from the Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Spellstiched Hobgoblin Zombie Deathknell #043.

Old November 22nd, 2018, 02:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So his team won with no damage except for 2 wounds on Stitches? Sounds like he’s too powerful.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like Stench. Is that from AotP?
Old November 22nd, 2018, 04:27 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like Stench. Is that from AotP?
It is called Necrotic Stench in AotP, but is death with the subtraction in defense.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 04:36 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fun mechanic. I am a sucker for a good Undead design.
Still waiting for an awesome Necromancer.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Fun mechanic. I am a sucker for a good Undead design.
Still waiting for an awesome Necromancer.
It works since he has those markings, good thing is only one figure, unlike the Blight Reavers 3 figures. I did a necromancer playtest that can make any squad come back again, but the availability was low for SoV.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 06:00 PM

Got a link?
Old November 22nd, 2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Got a link?
You can check page 1 of my custom thread, the name is Nekron.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 06:21 PM

That is pretty cool. The only issue I see is the opponent can simply kill him last.
I suppose you could destroy him yourself.
That one would require a ton of testing as you would need to try out just about every combination. Vipers sound scary.
Soulborgs may need an exemption, maybe? Can they be turned into Zombies?
My classic scape meta game is pretty rusty.

You know it may be more fun to flip it so he chooses one card at the start of the game and they are Undead until he is destroyed, thus breaking the curse/spell.

Good stuff!
Old November 28th, 2018, 06:00 PM

Name Of Figure Being Playtested: Stitches

Game 2

475 points:

Armies: Team 1 - Stitches(115), Sudema(140), Shades of Bleakewoode(100) and 2x Zombies of Morindan(120)
vs
Team 2 - Deathwalker 9000(140), Deathwalker 8000(130), Fen Hydra (120) and Ice Troll Berserker (85)

Map: Home of the Drow and no Glyphs

Provide a brief summary of the game: I proxy the Zombie of Morindan miniature for my custom hero Stitches.

How many kills: Ice Troll Berserker on round 1 turn 2 with height advantage/ 4 skulls vs 0 shields, Deathwalker 8000 on round 4 turn 3/ 4 skulls vs 3 shields and Fen Hydra with a Zombie Onslaught Special Attack on round 5 turn 2/ 3 skulls vs 1 shield

How many enemy kills: Zombie of Morindan vs Fen Hydra on round 5 turn 2/ 3 skulls vs 1 shield, Zombie of Morindan vs Fen Hydra on round 5 turn 3 and Deathwalker 9000 died to natural causes via lava field damage on round 6

How many wounds dealt:
Heroes
1/4 life Fen Hydra with a Zombie of Morindan Normal Attack on round 3 turn 3/ 2 skulls vs 1 shield

2/4 ife Fen Hydra with a Zombie Onslaught Special Attack on round 5 turn 1/ 2 skulls vs 1 shield

Wounds dealt to Stitches: Fen Hydra dealt 2 wounds on round 3 turn 1

Which units survived: (2/4 life Stitches, Full-life Sudema, 1 squad of Shades and 1 squad of Zombies)

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play: (Analyze how you feel about the unit. Do you think they're worth their points? More? Less?

Stench of Death: once used vs Ice Troll Berserker on round 1 turn 2, once used vs Fen Hydra on round 3 turn 2, once used vs Fen Hydra on round 3 turn 3, once used vs Deathwalker 8000 on round 4 turn 2, once used vs Deathwalker 8000 on round 4 turn 3, once used vs Fen Hydra on round 5 turn 1, once used vs Fen Hydra on round 5 turn 2,

Total: 7 times

Zombie Rises Again: never used

Total:

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
- Great against figures with high defense
- Best against figures with low defense
The figure used for this unit is Spellstiched Hobgoblin Zombie from the Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Spellstiched Hobgoblin Zombie Deathknell #043.

Old November 28th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This form was developed to allow a person conducting a test to give meaningful feedback to another designer's unit. It is designed to elicit raw data, with relatively little emphasis on opinions. It's a helpful tool that way. Player X giving feedback to Designer Y. A different person.

The form basically shows raw data, and a few narrow conclusions, about a person's game with the custom. Your games with your own units, on this form, offers very little. You played with your own unit, great; skip to the conclusions: "So far, in playtesting, I've had [experiences you want to relate]. My feeling is he [did this well] and I'm looking for feedback on [thing I'm uncertain about]."

I don't really care to read the raw output of your own games with your own units, under any circumstances. Just give us what happened and your thoughts. Particularly bizarre, here, is your conclusion that he was "great against figures with high defense" and "best against figures with low defense." Worst, perhaps, against figures with no defense? How am I supposed to have any confidence in your ability to assess a design, even your own, when your own conclusion is that unhelpful?

Regardless of all the problems in this presentation, I think taking this same energy and testing *other* people's units, perhaps even using this form, will start toward establishing yourself as a customs designer to be taken seriously. Until then, please try to work on every step Lamaclown suggests. Every single step, carefully.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 28th, 2018, 06:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hm. It seems like every playtest you run, the figure you're playtesting wins by a huge margin. That seems fishy to me.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards