Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Green Lantern: Guy Gardner - Design Phase

I really know very little about GLs...

Are they really all that powerful?
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool. That's an interesting idea, A3n, but I'm not sure how to go about wording something like that ...
Anyway, if someone's interested, I'm open to having an initial playtest. I'm still working on Mr. Fantastic myself, though, and I realize most everyone else is busy elsewhere as well.
So if this one takes a bit, that's OK.
Can Guy's Overextend be similar in theory as Huntress's Reckless Engagement? Not sure on the wording.

I've still got 2 Army Tests to do for Thing. Will try to get one done in the morning. Also, Bob needs one of us to do initial playtest too.
I think that an attack of 3 being boosted by 4 to a total of 7 and the ability to take an additional turn is already enough without any other boosts. I think if anything, we are at the power ceiling now, and consideration to come down is going to be in order as we playtest.

I didn't mean so the boost to attack, just the way his defense would get lowered by taking the second turn. Whereas the second turn would be the boost (like Huntress gets a boost to her attack) and his defense would go down for a time (like Huntress's defense goes down as a penalty for her attack boost).

Maybe it's just better to do it like Bats has it.
If Guy takes wounds to overextend, he won't live for very long, so soon he will want to use those batteries to overextend, and that diminishes his defense and attack by losing those. I also think it is best as it is on the front page.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

Yeah, pretty much. There is even one that is a squirl, Ch'p, and he is pretty darn powerful too.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:14 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, pretty much. There is even one that is a squirl, Ch'p, and he is pretty darn powerful too.
The only GL that I've read in a book was G'Nort and he was a joke.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only GL that I've read in a book was G'Nort and he was a joke.
G'Nort and Ch'p both are the running jokes of the comic. They are really more of a comic relief than an actual fighter, but technically, they can do everything the others can, it just so happens that Hal, Kyle, John, and Guy are much more serious characters and fighters.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They're all more or less on the same power level since they all derive their powers from the same source - a super powerful weapon they all have different versions of. The power level spread among Green Lanterns is probably like the power level spread among Kryptonians. Even a weak Kryptonian is still a Kryptonian.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT GL Guy @ 340 points Pass at 320 with 2 defense.

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM
- Theme/ Does it pass. Pass
- Mirror/ Does it pass,. Pass
- Bonding/ Does it pass. Pass
- Synergy/ Does it pass?. Pass
- Power/ Does it pass?,. Pass
- Fun Test/ Does it pass? Pass
- Fun Competitive Test/ Does it pass? Pass
- Drafting Test/ Does it pass? Pass
- Usage Test/ Does it pass? Pass
- Strategy Test/Does it pass? Pass
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
(Be sure to list what official units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
-
Heavy Hitter/ Does it pass? Pass

Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh map.

Spoiler Alert!

Mid-Level Hero Test/Does it pass? Pass
Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh map

Test 1
Guy @340 (still had 3 defense0 vs Captain America and Torin

Spoiler Alert!

Test 2
Guy @340 vs. Batman and Nightcrawler

Spoiler Alert!

Squad/ Does it pass? Pass

Guy @ 340 (before change to defense) vs. 10th Reg x 4 +2

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1/ Does it pass?. Pass

Hal (350), Guy (330) Sentinels x 2 (320) 1000 points

vs.

Wolverine (280), Colossus (260), Prof X (220), Iceman (150) and Angel (90) for 1000 points.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2/ Does it pass Pass
Played on Ruins of Pine Tree map

Guy (320), Deadpool (285), Hawkgirl (225) and Huntress (170) for 1000 points

vs.

Wonder Woman (300) Martian Manhunter (300), Flash (250) and Venom (150) for 1000 points.

Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 1st, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Wow. Guy taking on Darkseid is epic. I don't think I want him that powerful honestly. Perhaps his Overextend could only work if he was adjacent to an Enemy figure.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Superman beat him up, though. Let's see how he does against Hal Jordan before we overreact.
I mean, if we come out of this with a good counter to Darkseid who's not overpowered elsewhere, that's a good thing, right?

P.S. Thanks for taking control of this one, Hahma!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

No problem Bats.

I'd like to see how Guy does against WW and Martian Manhunter, they at least will not allow for double attacks with height from range. Well WW might, but she has a good chance not to and if she can Lasso Guy, he might be toast.

The test vs. Darkseid could have been different. DS's first attack was with OE and was like 3 skulls and Guyl rolled defense to only take one wound. He had 1 wound already from WO, so had he whiffed defense (like DS did at the end with 7 dice), Guy would have been done for. Or DS could have rolled 4 or 5 skulls with the OE attack and forced Guy to burn a Battery Marker for his shield and his subsequent attacks and defense would be weaker. So while it was impressive (and isn't it nice to have someone to beat DS once in awhile), I wouldn't say it would be consistent results against him. But we can see what other tests say before adjusting already.

Old July 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

I updated the test sheet with remainder of HH test results in great detail to help with any concerns regarding Willful Overextend. I'm not going to waste time getting into that much detail with the rest of his test though, as I don't think it's necessary after these HH tests, unless something freakish happens of course.

I won't be able to work on Guy any more today, as I want to clean up photo depository and have other things that I really need to do today (lots of playtesting and design involvement lately has eaten up time that I really need to put elsewhere) Since Spidey, Necro and GO are busy otherwise, I don't feel the need or desire to overdue things to make up for their absence.

Old July 25th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Nah, you've been doing an awesome job! Definitely take your time. After the recent Human Torch/Mr. Fantastic/Bob/Hand Ninja tests I've done, I'm taking a bit of a breather before launching into someone like SuperSkrull.
It's looking to me like 340-350 is dead on for Guy. I'm glad that the matchups with both Sinestro and Hal were really close, and it's cool that Wonder Woman took him to the edge as well.
It looks like it's a lot of fun deciding when to go "all in" with Guy and burn a marker or take a wound to attack again.
And, yeah, I agree he's pretty straightforward, but am thankful for the detailed analysis you provided.
As always, Hahma, you da man!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library