Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 21st, 2010, 02:54 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Re: March 20th Vancouver WA Tournament

Thank you all for coming, we had a great time. The whole way home the kids discussed what army to run next time (and how tired they were from the long day. lol)

I will post up the results and some info tomorrow on this, please post some recaps though so we can share in your glory (& agony).
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic goat View Post
Hopefully I can double my wins next tournament....and get "2".
Most likely if I can make it next time!

So, I'm dying to know what happened! Who brought what, who beat who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

My army: Braxas, Zelrig, Othkurik, Marcu Esenwein = 555 pts

Battle #1 vs Jordan (Zelrig, Kumiko, 2 x Marrden Hounds, Airborne Elite)
Map-a map with two cosmetic Marro Hives and some lava in the middle
Glyphs - Common Attack, Initiative

Being fairly rusty in my Heroscaping (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) I failed to realize that the Marrden Hounds were large and immune to Braxas' Acid Breath, so I loaded her up with order markers and sent her out with nothing to attack. Then when Jordan's Zelrig moved up, I attacked him, but he had a great placement where he had height and I couldn't move to cancel it out. The Marrden Hounds grabbed both glyphs and proceeded to snuggle up to Braxas and my Zelrig, managing to get a couple of plague hits on my bigger dragons.

Braxas fell after doing just a couple of wounds to his Zelrig and killing maybe one Hound. My Zelrig didn't fare much better, just killing one Hound I think, if that. His AE dropped on maybe the fourth round, and proceeded to blast away at Othkurik, who had managed to kill 2 or 3 Hounds and force his hounds off of the Initiative glyph. On a late turn I used Marcu, only to have him flip, so Jordan ran him into the molten lava space. But in my only good roll of the game, I rolled a 20 and Marcu survived, at least for another turn or two.

Loss (0-1)

Battle #2 vs McLeod (Hulk, Zelrig)
Map - a map with some swamp water and cosmetic Marro Hives
Glyphs - 2 x Intercept Orders

He won initiative and the Hulk jumped to the first glyph, taking an order marker off of Braxas. On his second turn he jumped to the second glyph, again taking an OM from Braxas. However, he wasn't able to kill anything before Braxas, in the second round, successfully melted The Hulk. I then moved up my Zelrig and the two twin dragons dueled it out head to head for about 5 consecutive turns before I moved up some others for help. I think it was Othkurik who moved up for the final killing shot.

Win (1-1)

Battle #3 vs Greg Sr (Atlaga, 4 x Minions of Utgar, Isamu, Otonashi)
Map - a map with some water and jungle pieces
Glyphs - Common Attack, ?

This battle was short and sweet, at least for Greg. Greg got to the Common Attack glyph and proceed to hack Braxas to bits in just 3 attacks. Braxas only killed one or two Minions. The rest of my army didn't have any better luck. It was a slaughter.

Loss (1-2)

Battle #4 vs Howard (Thanos, Krug, Arrow Gruts, Marcu Esenwein, Otonashi)
Map - a map with some ruins, trees, and roads
Glyphs - Unique Attack, unrevealed

He loaded up Thanos and I loaded up Braxas with our first round of OM's. Braxas proceeded to take out Thanos (on just the second attempt I think). Then I moved Braxas closer to his start zone and started to Acid Breath Krug and the gruts. I couldn't roll for crap after taking Thanos down, and it wasn't until about 5 turns later that I realized that I couldn't even affect Krug with the Acid Breath and had wasted several attempts on him. That error, combined with poor rolling on Braxas' attacks gave Howard all the time he needed to get Thanos back into the fight. By that time it was too late. After Braxas died, Zelrig and Othkurik managed to get some wounds on Krug, but not enough of course. Thanos and Krug then hacked their way to victory.

Loss (1-3)

Battle #5 vs Shawn (Captain America, Raelin, Ana Karithon, Syvarris, Isamu, Deahreavers)
Map - jungle map
Glyphs - Common Attack, Unique Attack
Win

The final battle of the day was the most enjoyable for me as it came down to the wire. As usual, I launched Braxas ahead to take out what I could while I could. However, Braxas' poor melting attempts carried over from the previous battle and I tried for 4 or 5 turns to melt Captain American, Raelin, and Ana. When Braxas was on the edge of death, I wrote her off and placed markers on Zelrig and Othkurik. Shawn continued to try to finish off Braxas, but she wouldn't die. On the round after that, she finally did some good damage with her breath, taking down Syvarris and Ana Karithon before finally getting killed.

After that Zelrig moved up and proceeded to flame away from afar at Capt. A, Raelin, and Otonashi. Captain America took 3 wounds on one attack when he whiffed with 9 defense dice. Zelrig and Othkurik managed to finish off Raelin and Otonashi before dying and it came down to just Marcu vs a heavily wounded Captain and two Deathreavers. I got Marcu at height on Captain and finished him off in two turns, then moved on and successfully killed off the remaining rats for the win.

WIN (2-3)

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM

I liked the variety in some of the armies this time, was kind of interesting to watch the games unfold.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
I liked the variety in some of the armies this time, was kind of interesting to watch the games unfold.
Hey, where's your report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM

No report from me, I just spectated this time.

Also, anyone with Gift Cards -- the web guy is having issues getting the site to take them directly so contact Shy Monster by email for instructions. Sorry about the confusion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events