Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 29th, 2008, 07:18 PM

CStrife07 has disabled reputation
My Super Hero RPG (Currently Stats Only)

CREATING A SUPERHERO
-----------------------------------

Step One: Choose type
(Being fixed)

Step Two: Choose Alliegence

Hero
We all know what a hero is, a hero is the Superman's and the Captain America's of our comic books these are the people you can always count on to do the right thing.

Anti-Hero
Though Morally questionable, Anti Heroes do Heroic things, these are the Punishers and the Wolverines.

Anti-Villian
The opposite of Anti Heroes. While their heart is always in the right place their mind may not.

Villian
Need I actually explain to you what villians are. They are reccomended to be enemy characters only however if you chose and your group agrees on it you may play as a villian character.

Step Three: Set Base Stats

The base stats for all characters are

Life-3
Move-5
Range-1
Atack-4
Defense-3

Then you are given "X" points to create your characters with. For games when you are creating level one characters I highly reccomend you only use 12 points however if you want your characters to start out as Titans capable of pummeling the Hulk right from the start, or even weaker than 12 points worth of stats go right ahead. You may spend all of the points sperately (once again I highly reccomend this), or you can create a character with 7 attack and very low other stats.
(Note: Do not think that these costs have any bearing on the point system used in normal games)

Now I present to you the stats and their costs...

LIFE

Stat Point Cost
-------------------
3 0
4 2
5 4
6 6
7 9
8 12
9 16
10 20

MOVE

Stat Point Cost
---------------------
5 0
6 2
7 4
8 7

RANGE

Stat Point Cost
----------------------
1 0
2 3
3 4
4 5
5 7
6 9
7 12

ATTACK

Stat Point Cost
-----------------------
4 0
5 3
6 7
7 12
8 17
9 25

DEFENSE

Stat Point Cost
-----------------------
3 0
4 2
5 4
6 7
7 11

EXTRA (for level one characters)

Defense multiplied by Life may not exceed 35.

Range multiplied by attack may not exceed 24.

Technological characters may not start with more than 4 life and spend one less point buying defense. (They do not however gain one point to spend if their defense is only 3)

Throughout this guide I may reference a character I have created from this, his stats are as follows

HUMAN
HERO
Life- 4 (2 points)
Move- 5 (0 points)
Range- 4 (5 points)
Attack- 5 (2 points)
Defense- 4 (2 points)

and I am left with one point left over. This point may be used later on

Special Abilities (this is where the problems come in)
I have divided the skills into multiple groups. I did not put in every skill yet because either I don't wnat them, I'm currently pricing them, or I just haven't gooten around to it. If you have any abilities that you think would fit into my game please do post it or PM it and if you like you may take a shot at pricing it if you like. Their is a limit to the number of abilities and point to be used here but I will determine that after most or all abilities have been priced. (Note: as abilities are not finished changes in pricing may occur without notice)

Innate Abilities
----------------
Innate abilities may only be chosen here and may not be learned later on unless something in the story happens to the character that would allow them to learn it without spending skill points on them.

FLYING
---------------
[2(Move) + Range ] -1

for my figure that would cost 13 points.

Okay so that is my whole RPG as far as I have completed now. I plan to include almost every official abilty and any custom abilities that could fit in the game and I would appreciate any feedback especially for ability pricing, and possibly if anyone notices a way someone could "milk" the Stats system to make their character extra strong.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations