Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 19th, 2019, 04:06 AM

GreatPlainsKnight is surprisingly tart
GreatPlainsKnight’s Customs

[The figure I’m using for Ryan the Righteous is a modified Concan the Kyrie Warrior]

Last edited by GreatPlainsKnight; August 24th, 2019 at 04:44 AM.
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:08 AM

The Long eared bat is surprisingly tart
Re: GreatPlainsKnight’s Customs

I like this custom, he is Jandar's Kato. The point value seems about right to.
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I have to disagree, The Long eared bat - most of Kato's value comes from his ability to mobilise multiple squads of Ashigaru at once, which is the one aspect of Kato's Command for which this figure lacks an equivalent. It's basically just OM management here - not bad, but it's giving you decidedly less. Significantly better stats against Small or Medium figures would help, though, though it makes him vulnerable to Large or Huge characters, or ranged attacks. Wouldn't say he was quite Kato's level.
If I'm honest, it's feeling a bit derivative - it feels as though you're trying to mimic Kato a bit too closely without really understanding him.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old August 29th, 2019, 11:08 AM

The Long eared bat is surprisingly tart

Oops I missed the bit about adjacent figures, meaing his point value should be lower if you want to keep the original powers @GreatPlainsKnight . @Lazy Orang I didn't mean the custom was completely like Kato, just a similar feel.
Old September 16th, 2019, 10:22 PM

GreatPlainsKnight is surprisingly tart
Smile

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m aware that Kato’s strength is his ability to move two squads of Ashigaru, however Ryan can take a turn with two squads who can bond. While it’s not as powerful, if a strong Human Champion is released by the C3V it might make him a powerhouse. I’ve had games where Hawthorne and a few knights of Weston annihilated 4 squads of 10th Reg. Though I am in favor of lowering his cost. Usually any Army with Ryan gets destroyed or barely wins.

Another idea I had is Righteous Combat paired with another ability that is kind of like Omnicron Mobilization and Directed Fire combined, but for knights and warriors who follow Jandar. Or I could just leave it as two separate abilities.

I apologize for the late response, I didn’t even realize anyone responded to my post.
Old September 17th, 2019, 05:27 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

I’m aware that Kato’s strength is his ability to move two squads of Ashigaru, however Ryan can take a turn with two squads who can bond. While it’s not as powerful, if a strong Human Champion is released by the C3V it might make him a powerhouse. I’ve had games where Hawthorne and a few knights of Weston annihilated 4 squads of 10th Reg. Though I am in favor of lowering his cost. Usually any Army with Ryan gets destroyed or barely wins.
He's still not really providing more than just putting the OMs on the bonding squad and letting them bond normally would achieve. It's still just OM flexibility.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards