Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Books of Index

That's not a requirement, I'm just trying to help him troubleshoot his problem. Most likely, it has to do with his printer trying to "auto-scale" it. Does your printer have a borderless print mode? Try that if it does.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Did anyone else find the cards oriented very high on the sheet ?

I got my cards to print to proper size, but they are so high on the sheet it clips the very top of the card. Not by much, and after you trim the border they look alright, but I found odd.

Like GO suggested though Hahma, it sounds like Adobe/Printer is rescaling the image to fit on the page. Even though it's blank space it counts.

If we could get the future cards mounted on an 8x10 image/page and just tell people to print without scaling it should alleviate both problems.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

These are 8.5 x 11, which is more common than 8 x 10. They shouldn't require scaling if you choose the correct printer options. The problem is that a lot of printers try to scale automatically, or add auto padding around the margins.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
These are 8.5 x 11, which is more common than 8 x 10. They shouldn't require scaling if you choose the correct printer options. The problem is that a lot of printers try to scale automatically, or add auto padding around the margins.
I realise they are 8.5 x 11. The problem is some printers don't have a printable area of 8.5 x 11 and they automatically reduce the image to fit the page.

The reason I suggested 8 x 10 is if you print it without scaling it leaves room around the edges for printers who's print area excludes the outer 1/4" or so.

I was designing paper miniatures for the later part of last year and I just found it easier to base all my designs on a 7x10 to skirt such issues.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM

I actually used to make the PDFs as 8x10, but then other printers scaled them up when printing on 8.5 x 11 paper. I don't know if there's any getting around knowing how to set up your printer. Almost all printers should have a "borderless" option, and that's how you have to print full 8.5 x 11 sheets to avoid it trying to scale it for you.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas, I'll try to set my printer to borderless.

The thing that was odd is that when I printed the World's Finest in the HQ pdf list that GreyOwl had put out before in addition to the "normal' pdf's, I didn't have to adjust anything, the cards printed out to the correct size to match the official cards. With the pdfs in the books now, they came out smaller in size. I didn't have a problem with them cutting off at the top though.

Oh well, I'll try adjusting the printer and see how it goes.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I tried it this morning with scaling set at "none" and it worked perfect.

It was just weird to me that I didn't have to adjust the printer before with HQ links to World's Finest and they came out just right and this time it didn't work like that from pdf links in books of units. Now that I know to adjust my printer, it's all good.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Who knows, maybe your computer automatically updated printer drivers in the meantime?

But in any case, glad you got it working!
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great read, guys! Some nice tips for when I get around to doing more printing myself.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I like the design on the card backs. Say, where can I get an up-to-date playtestig form? Maybe that should be in the downloads.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
I like the design on the card backs. Say, where can I get an up-to-date playtestig form? Maybe that should be in the downloads.
Actually it is.

Everything you need to know about C3G play testing can be found here
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which is linked to the Life of a Design thread's first post, I believe.
This thread is for showing off what we've done - those threads are for current projects we're working on.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy