Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM

mr_rex777 has disabled reputation
What should I do.

Should I pay 50+ dollars on sir Hawthrone or buy some knights and try to repaint it?

Old June 25th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Re: What should I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_rex777
Should I pay 50+ dollars on sir Hawthrone or buy some knights and try to repaint it?

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 25th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Buy a repaint from funrun and use the rest to buy a bunch more Heroscape...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I've already picked on you once today so I will give you some advice that will hopefully change the way you approach life from now until the end of your days.

#1- I think you should put a rubber band around one of your current knights or another medium sized figure to represent Hawthorne, and print Sir Hawthorne's card off and play a few games with him.

#2- If you are pleased with how much fun he brings to your games, I would consider repainting a knight to serve as Hawthorne whenever you get the urge to play him.

#3- If he becomes like your most favorite of heroes and you want to get real serious, then and, only then, would I consider investing THAT much money in one figure. I mean for those prices you could commission an artist to paint a custom figure for you that would blow away the regular Hawthorne.

This guy would make an excellent Hawthorne. He would cost just a few bucks and would be fairly affordable to commission a miniature painter to paint him in Haethorne's color scheme.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:05 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
I've already picked on you once today so I will give you some advice that will hopefully change the way you approach life from now until the end of your days.

#1- I think you should put a rubber band around one of your current knights or another medium sized figure to represent Hawthorne, and print Sir Hawthorne's card off and play a few games with him.

#2- If you are pleased with how much fun he brings to your games, I would consider repainting a knight to serve as Hawthorne whenever you get the urge to play him.

#3- If he becomes like your most favorite of heroes and you want to get real serious, then and, only then, would I consider investing THAT much money in one figure. I mean for those prices you could commission an artist to paint a custom figure for you that would blow away the regular Hawthorne.

This guy would make an excellent Hawthorne. He would cost just a few bucks and would be fairly affordable to commission a miniature painter to paint him in Haethorne's color scheme.

Couldnt have said it better my self hell I couldnt have said that good at all.
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Couldnt have said it better my self hell I couldnt have said that good at all.
You're right, it does help to illustrate your point with a visual aid. It really brings the message home.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM

mr_rex777 has disabled reputation

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Ninthdoc didn't you read the sign

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Quote:
Ninthdoc didn't you read the sign
Sorry, I turned off my ability to read after reading a few of his posts... :P

Old June 26th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I say give it a shot yourself. I'd never painted any kind of terrain or minis before I started playing Heroscape, but I'm finding that it's not as hard as it seems--and rather fun too.

The worst that can happen is that you paint a Hawthorne that looks absolutely retarded. When you bust him out and your friends say, "Dude, your Hawthorne looks retarded," you can just chuckle and say "yeah, I know." It'll be good for a laugh.
Old June 26th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
The real hawthorne isn't worth it if you just wanna play. I have one just for the coolness of having one. If you want on just to play then repaint.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards