Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old August 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
Fan Fiction Faction of Valhalla Public Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Fan Fiction Creators of Valhalla or the...

The F2CV will be a project consisting of a group of organized fiction writers that create Thormun's Journal entries, character bios, art, and other fictional works. These works will tie into the official cannon as much as possible. The authors will collaborate, each bringing their own creative talents to the table.

All works in the F2CV will go through a process. This process will include writing, editing, revising, and final publication. The goals are as follows-
  • To create "official" works for scenarios and battlefields.
  • To continue Thormun's Journal and the Heroscape lore.
  • And to create unofficial bios for official figures that are without one.

This is only a rough draft, let me know if you have any other ideas. The general concept is to continue the official Heroscape story like Valhalla Customs continues the game itself. Just let me know if you are interested in this project. I plan on putting a limit to the number of editors, writers, etc. but haven't decided on a figure yet.

Thanks for reading,
~Betawolf

Members List:

~betawolf36
~Joseph Sweeney
~McHotcakes
~Heroscaper Guy
~Bro-man

Last edited by betawolf36; October 16th, 2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: new members
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fiction Creators of Valhalla

An interesting idea indeed, Betawolf. I actually had a disturbingly similar idea myself not that long ago.
I believe a more 'official' project like this, on level with C3V and SoV, would be highly beneficial to the forum, and something we could definitely use. I am behind the idea all the way. Your only problem would be finding authors who are both excellent writers and have the commitment and the time to stick with this.
Unfortunately, I am not one of them. As much as I like the idea, the fewer things tying me to a schedule the better. I need to focus on improving my own fan fiction, for example.
What you may want to do is send out feelers for interest. Send out PMs to likely author candidates, maybe even put something in W@HSers, though you may want to wait until you have a following before doing that.
Once you get things organized to a point when you are ready to launch, you might want to ask an admin to make a separate forum for the F2CV. C3V and SoV have separate forums, and I think this is different enough to warrant a similar action.
I'm behind you the whole way, save for, as I said, actual participation. I could lend advise and my knowledge of the fan fiction community though, if you have need of it. Having created the Fan Fiction Index, I am aware of many good authors.
Let me know if you need any information concerning the forum.
~TGRF.
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I see what you're saying. I'll send out a few PMs to some writers and see if they'd be interested in the project. Thanks for the feedback.
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good idea. You should go for it. I personally may not be willing to help (mostly because I hate tampering with the original storyline (Vydar betraying the alliance )). Anyway despite what I may think it would probably be a project that the majority of the site would enjoy. Only the few haters like me may not frequent it often.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I want to help (I just feel the need to contribute to the site and others lately), but I'm not that great of a story writer (character bios). Maybe, I could write some of the write-ups for the scenarios if needed.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds really cool, I really want to see where this goes, especially thormun's journal.
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I just noticed this. I would be very interested in helping out with this project.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM

Thanks guys! I'll take anyone who's interested.
I added all that have expressed that they would like to help with the project.

I think at first we might just have everyone covering some of the work unless a few more join in. That being the case I am no longer to be an editor.

I will be submitting something to be in the next (or next, next) week@heroscapers. I think maybe one of the first things we should do is place a date on when there will no longer be a sign-up and we can start the project. I'm thinking for a week or two after W@Hs runs. What do you all think? What should the W@Hs article include?

Last edited by betawolf36; August 20th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:27 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Thanks guys! I'll take anyone who's interested.
I added all that have expressed that they would like to help with the project.

I think at first we might just have everyone covering some of the work unless a few more join in. That being the case I am no longer to be an editor.

I will be submitting something to be in the next (or next, next) week@heroscapers. I think maybe one of the first things we should do is place a date on when there will no longer be a sign-up and we can start the project. I'm thinking for a week or to after W@Hs runs. What do you all think? What should the W@Hs article include?
I think we should do something like this: We are looking for people to help us write the histories of Valhalla and it's combatants. Sign up before -/-- and help us complete this task.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:29 PM

Sounds good to me.
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Do you guys want me to put something like that in the next W@HSers?
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Hmm, I think I might be interesting to give this a shot. *Thinks it over* Alright I want to help out. I would really like to see how things turned out lore wise and how the battles are coming to.

Sign me up!

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction