Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

I used some of the Elves as proxies for the Aubriens. They are taller, but they were too good to pass up. If there is enough availability, there are some figures that could easily be used in Scape.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:14 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Agreed but I would rather have some taller elves than the smaller D&D sized ones. The Aubrien Archers are pretty buff compared to D&D elf minis.
Hmm yeah, can't argue with that.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

They look like they'd be a bit taller, but not by that much.
Old June 24th, 2015, 01:57 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Ninja-ed by Ninja Status : )

Old June 28th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
the scale is perfect for 'Scape
In the ballpark, perhaps, but I wouldn't say perfect. The LOTR figures are definitely taller overall. It's especially noticeable with the Elves. I bought some a few years ago for customs-making, and when I saw how tall they were I tossed 'em in a drawer and focused on other miniatures instead.

YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I don't think they are that much taller, especially if you take them off that huge base. Perfect scale? No. Adequately close? Absolutely.
Right, it's the bases that cause the impression that the figures are too tall. These are the most ridiculously overlarge bases in the industry IMHO: worse than WoW, worse than Dreamblade, even. You have to rebase the Sabretooth figures, even if you don't normally rebase. Once you put them on proper Heroscape bases, they're no more taller than HS humans and elves than my brother is taller than I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

A much bigger problem than scale would be how recognisable they are, IMO. I know shmet suggested knight archers, but I could never see those figures as anything other than Gondorians - the armour design is just too specific and iconic. (Peasant archers would probably be somewhat more historically accurate as well). That's not to say some figures couldn't work, though - I could probably accept the Lothlorian Archers as most elves or the Rohan footsoldiers as norsemen.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
A much bigger problem than scale would be how recognisable they are, IMO. I know shmet suggested knight archers, but I could never see those figures as anything other than Gondorians - the armour design is just too specific and iconic. (Peasant archers would probably be somewhat more historically accurate as well). That's not to say some figures couldn't work, though - I could probably accept the Lothlorian Archers as most elves or the Rohan footsoldiers as norsemen.
We has Super Battle Droids as a unit, if that isn't a precedent for obscure Gondorian footsoldiers I don't know what is. I just don't like it because I would have to hunt on Ebay for them (which I hate to do) since none of my usual stores have them.
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
We has Super Battle Droids as a unit, if that isn't a precedent for obscure Gondorian footsoldiers I don't know what is. I just don't like it because I would have to hunt on Ebay for them (which I hate to do) since none of my usual stores have them.
Obscure? They're seen front and centre in their extremely iconic, unmistakable armour design for the majority of the third film of the extremely popular film adaptation - how is that obscure?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:25 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Obscure? They're seen front and centre in their extremely iconic, unmistakable armour design for the majority of the third film of the extremely popular film adaptation - how is that obscure?
And the Battle Droids are in two movies prominently in battle scenes and non-battle scenes. I'd say it's more obscure than those guys imo.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And the Battle Droids are in two movies prominently in battle scenes and non-battle scenes. I'd say it's more obscure than those guys imo.
The other thing is the Battle Droids have a fairly generic robot look - Gondorian armour was designed to be fairly unmistakable.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

IMO Super Battle Droids are much more iconic than Gondor Archers--I'm still a little off put by them (luckily the Zettian Infantry are worth it).

My main concern would be making sure they fit in alongside the KoW (provided they are knight archers of some sort). But I doubt that'd be a problem.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 28th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The other thing is the Battle Droids have a fairly generic robot look - Gondorian armour was designed to be fairly unmistakable.
Woah, no team ups. All I'm trying to say is the Gondor Soldiers are dudes in armor, well crafted and very iconic- in the movie, but much of that detail comes from the detail put into the armor, the tree on the helmet, the engraved chestplate, etc, that doesn't translate as well into a miniature, thus, less iconic

Super Battle Droids on the other hand, are a simple, yet original designs, the strange placement of the head, the iconic wrist blasters, the large upper torso, all details that make them, even on a small scale, different than other "generic robots" maybe they aren't as iconic as the original battle droids, but they did appear in two very successful (if not overwhelmingly popular) movies and a very popular TV show. You'd be hard pressed to find a person who has seen Star Wars who, when shown an image of Super Battle Droid can't at least say "that's that droid from Star Wars" I doubt I'd have trouble finding someone who can identify Gondorian Battle Armor.

I'm not sure any figure that simply has armor + a weapon can be considered Iconic, no matter how special they may appear in their respective medium, the changes that make them so special large scale, can't be seen on the tiny scale of miniatures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs