Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 23rd, 2019, 08:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Guardian of the Universe - (breathing)

Seems about right to me, thematically. Usually they either seem untouchable or they face a giant threat that mops the floor with them, with little in between.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2019, 08:58 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Seems about right to me, thematically. Usually they either seem untouchable or they face a giant threat that mops the floor with them, with little in between.
Yep, that sounds about right.
Swingy figures are a part of the game, japes. You could say the exact same thing about Flash - in fact these are probably less swingy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2019, 09:06 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm more worried about them not being fun. With rolling 12 defense with boosts, he'll be a pain in the butt for low level heroes. I always personally prefer lower defense (Like.... 6 max), and then upping life. Pinging away at life gives you a sense of accomplishment. Slamming your attacks against a brick wall to no avail isn't fun.

But with only 3 life hopefully it'll be okay. Looks good otherwise!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; August 23rd, 2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yep, that sounds about right.
Swingy figures are a part of the game, japes. You could say the exact same thing about Flash - in fact these are probably less swingy.
I’m obviously not explaining myself well because everyone’s attempt to convince me is way off missing.

It’s not the swinginess that bothers me. It’s the type of swinginess. Flash and Spidey type figures can be calculated to a justifiable percentage of failure. The only math justification you can make for high defense is on 9 dice base is you will average 3 shields so no figure that averages less than 4 skulls (which is base attack of 8 per math) can reliable even compete. So you are left with just waiting for a statistical anomaly to occur. And that’s more of a fun issue. It’s extremely frustration to play against and if it happens too early you you it’s extremely frustrating for the player controlling. Either way every game will have one side being frustrated. It’s more of a fun issue.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I'm more worried about them not being fun. With rolling 12 defense with boosts, he'll be a pain in the butt for low level heroes. I always personally prefer lower defense (Like.... 6 max), and then upping life. Pinging away at life gives you a sense of accomplishment. Slamming your attacks against a brick will to no avail isn't fun.
I got ninja posted while trying to put my thoughts into words. Exactly what I’m trying to say. Thanks for being more elegant.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:28 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I still don't see that personally. Everyone accepts that die roll anomalies happen, and that they aren't that rare. If they didn't Superman would be broken, and the game wouldn't be fun for anyone because lower costing figures wouldn't have any shot against higher costing ones. I don't see how 9 Defence is less fun than Superman's 7 Defence plus Man of Steel - IMO, it's more fun, since the chances of a poor roll are more likely. And, with 3 Life, odds are good they can survive at least one poor roll - probably not more than that, but again, this feels thematic to me.
I'd at least prefer to try it like this - I'd hate to dismiss it without giving it a go, it feels like it'll make for a really distinct and different unit.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:40 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

There are tons of figures with 4-5 life and 4-5 defense; IMO it's fine (and should be encouraged) to break from that mold here and do something more extreme. Deathwalker 9000 is a favorite of many in classic'scape because he's so swingy and different. He can block everything or die to 1 skull, meaning every defense roll is exciting. It's not for everyone (the unfun argument is true for many players), but it provides a different style of play, one that players who like big moments and taking risks will appreciate.

Besides, I see the Guardians as much less frustrating to fight against than Green Lantern Hal Jordan. He starts with 7 defense, 4 life and can ignore your attack whenever you get a good attack roll. One good attack from a heavy hitter could easily dispatch a Guardian in one hit.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:41 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The difference is that these guys are projected to be about 260. Superman, Doomsday, Allen, and all the others with massive defense are all about 400.

You can fit 4 Guardians in your 1000 point army. Only 1, maybe 2 of the latter.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:42 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
There are tons of figures with 4-5 life and 4-5 defense; IMO it's fine (and should be encouraged) to break from that mold here and do something more extreme. Deathwalker 9000 is a favorite of many in classic'scape because he's so swingy and different. He can block everything or die to 1 skull, meaning every defense roll is exciting. It's not for everyone (the unfun argument is true for many players), but it provides a different style of play, one that players who like big moments and taking risks will appreciate.

Besides, I see the Guardians as much less frustrating to fight against than Green Lantern Hal Jordan. He starts with 7 defense, 4 life and can ignore your attack whenever you get a good attack roll. One good attack from a heavy hitter could easily dispatch a Guardian in one hit.
This. Absolutely this.
I really want to see more extreme stat-lines as opposed to standard 'balanced across the board ones' - I want to see high defence, low life glass jaws, low defence, high life endurance fighters, glass cannons etc.. Adds to the game.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:49 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The difference is that these guys are projected to be about 260. Superman, Doomsday, Allen, and all the others with massive defense are all about 400.

You can fit 4 Guardians in your 1000 point army. Only 1, maybe 2 of the latter.
Yeah, but those guys have way more life (and the Kryptonians also count blanks as shields).

I'm just guessing on point value; I was planning on asking for suggestions on what point value to start at for initial playtesting. I think people are massively overestimating a high defense number so I feel 260 is accurate but if it's not then their points would obviously go up in testing.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 11:53 AM
Hard as ice

I could theoretically see them as higher, thematically. Don't think they need to be, but they could be.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2019, 12:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm more worried about them not being fun. With rolling 12 defense with boosts, he'll be a pain in the butt for low level heroes. I always personally prefer lower defense (Like.... 6 max), and then upping life. Pinging away at life gives you a sense of accomplishment. Slamming your attacks against a brick wall to no avail isn't fun.

But with only 3 life hopefully it'll be okay. Looks good otherwise!
You must hate playing against the Fantastic Four.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library