Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: VIPER - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Interesting stuff ... and I think the "drop reinforcements" type power is best saved for a Nick Fury "Air Support" power anyway, personally.
Agreed, and that power is extremely dangerous in power level and should not be considered lightly.
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Interesting stuff ... and I think the "drop reinforcements" type power is best saved for a Nick Fury "Air Support" power anyway, personally.
Agreed, and that power is extremely dangerous in power level and should not be considered lightly.
I agree, I would much rather see that type of power for Nick Fury, if anyone.

Also tried a Greenscale Warrior thing. I don't know, may be okay may not.

Loyal to Viper - At the start of the game, choose a unique squad you control. Any time the choosen unique squad is within 2 clear sight spaces of Viper, they roll 1 additional attack and defense die.

I could also try the Highland Fury type thing and maybe call it Fanatical Fury.

Just for people to see what I have for Hydra Agents and how they would tie in with Viper, here's what I have.

HYDRA Agents (3 figure unit)
Human
Common Squad
Terrorists
Fanatical
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 3

Ruthless Mastermind Bonding
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and immediately after taking a turn with the Hydra Agents, you may take a turn with any Ruthless Mastermind you control.

Hail HYDRA
After the first HYDRA agent you control is destroyed during a turn, add 1 to the defense of all remaining HYDRA agents you control for the remainder of that turn.

The bonding is for allowing the fodder Hydra Agents to go first and then for either Viper, Red Skull or Baron Strucker to follow. More the Hydra way with the lowly agents leading the way instead of the more heroic way of the leader/hero leading the way.

Hail Hydra is based on if you destroy us we come back stronger type of thing. Instead of doing the Marro Divider thing with them coming back to life, I figured that if they got "stronger" defensively, that would be cool in the sense of them coming back stronger after one is killed. I had originally had it so that after the first Hydra Agent is destoyed in a round, you can add 1 to the defense of all Hydra Agents for the remainder of that round, but I think that would make them too strong for the price. So I figured that if the first one that got attacked in a turn died, then the others would get the +1 for the rest of that round if they were being attacked by another squad or a multi attack hero. So this is another way that Viper's Sacrifices Must Be Made could help her team for if she destroys an adjacent Hydra Agent when she is attacked instead of taking the wounds herself, then all other Hydra Agents would get a better defense for the remainder of that turn, so it would be a worthy sacrifice to save her and also to make the rest of them stronger.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am definitely liking that power direction Hahma, however, couldn't we just call it "Cut off one limb and we shall grow another one", or whatever the quote is?
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Personally I like Hail Hydra.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I am definitely liking that power direction Hahma, however, couldn't we just call it "Cut off one limb and we shall grow another one", or whatever the quote is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Personally I like Hail Hydra.
Well here's their little saying:

"Hail HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off one limb and two more shall take its place! We serve the Supreme Hydra, as the world shall soon serve us!"

Even just the text in bold might be kind of long for a power title.

Old June 17th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Back to Viper. After reading the Wiki entry again, there were several mentions of her using operatives or having chief operatives working for her. Just a thought, but perhaps instead of the squad deal to replace Command Tactics, maybe we can look into a Hero based boost/synergy/connection or whatever that could be called Chief Operative. Maybe you can choose one human hero at the beginning of the game to be the Chief Operative and that operative can move 2 spaces any time Viper moves and can add 1 to attack and defense when adjacent to her or something like that. Just a thought, but of course the squad thing is still an option.

Edit: Here's the Highland Fury style attempt.

Subversive Fury - At the start of the game, choose a Unique Squad. While Viper is in play, the chosen Unique Squad may roll one additional attack die for each wound on Viper's card.

I guess one interesting aspect of this power would be that there might be a time where she might choose to take the wound from the attack instead of dishing it out with SMBM, in order to boost the chosen Unique Squad's attack. I don't know, I'll keep trying. I have an interesting idea for a power but I think it would be better suited for Baron Strucker since he's Supreme Hydra.

This one I plan on trying for Baron von Strucker.

HYDRA Intel and Will
Friendly figures within 6 clear sight spaces of Baron von Strucker can only have an Order Marker revealed or removed from their card as a result of a Special Attack from an opponent's figure.

Last edited by Hahma; June 17th, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Subversive Fury - At the start of the game, choose a Unique Squad. While Viper is in play, the chosen Unique Squad may roll one additional attack die for each wound on Viper's card.
I really really like this, but now after your informed post on the Hydra Quote, I want this power with the Hail Hydra title.

Quote:

HYDRA Intel and Will
Friendly figures within 6 clear sight spaces of Baron von Strucker can only have an Order Marker revealed or removed from their card as a result of a Special Attack from an opponent's figure.
OK, decent theme, but the wording needs some clean up for the future as you would currently never be able to reveal your own Order Marker on your own card if the figure is within 6 clear sight spaces of BVS.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

I really really like this, but now after your informed post on the Hydra Quote, I want this power with the Hail Hydra title.

Quote:

HYDRA Intel and Will
OK, decent theme, but the wording needs some clean up for the future as you would currently never be able to reveal your own Order Marker on your own card if the figure is within 6 clear sight spaces of BVS.

As usual Griff, I really appreciate your input/help

Regarding Subversive Fury, I can change that to Hail Hydra. Will just need to find another name for the Hydra Agents' power. No biggie.

Regarding Hydra Intel and Will, nice catch Griff, that's why you get paid the big bucks
This change below might be a little better, at least for now. The theme behind it is to keep OMs from being messed with by special powers from the likes of Joker, Riddler and Beast or any future ones that can do that in a special power. Basically it's a way of trying to translate the intelligence network Hydra has at its disposal and having many spies and people paid off that can offer them info to have the upper hand. It also shows (at least vs. Beast's Negotiation power) that they are fanatical and won't negotiate. It's a thought anyway.

HYDRA Intel and Will

Any figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Baron von Strucker can only have an Order Marker revealed or removed from their card by the player controlling them or as a result of a Special Attack from an opponent's figure.

Old June 18th, 2010, 12:25 AM

I tell you what I will do for ya H-man, I am gonna go ahead and update my BvS Brainstorming post with your current wording for HYDRA Intel and Will. That way it is archived until you need it.

I am such a nice guy.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

You are a sweetheart Mr. G

Old June 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Re: Viper - Design Phase

After looking over the card again, there is one thing IMO that is missing, her poison affects. Either her kiss, bite, nails, darts, bullets, whatever.... I would really like to see a poison effect similar to the Drow or Sujoah. I would rather see the Poison aspect than the

TELEPORTATION RING -Instead of moving Viper normally, you may choose any empty space that is up to 2 levels above or below her base and within 8 spaces of Viper. Place Viper on the chosen space. When Viper starts to teleport, if she is engaged she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

You know what, after looking at this power, there are not many times where she would ever use her normal movement except to gain height elevations, and that brings up another issue; why does the Teleportation Ring have a limit on how high you can go? That seems like way too much theme sacrifice for the sake of adding an interesting mechanic that hopefully gives her normal move some use from time to time..... I would rather have this power gone from this card and give her a poison effect, special power, or special attack. I feel that her poison is soooooo much more iconic than her T Ring.

Oh, and we can always do a T Ring equipment glyph.
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Re: Viper - Design Phase

I had been debating between Teleportation Ring and Poison when I posted her stats/powers, as I had poison attack in mind a while ago when I first started working on her. So maybe that wouldn't be such a bad change. All I know is that it has to be badass and not just a special attack of 3 or something and requiring a wound to check for poison, that would be useless to me. Also through playtesting, she's going to have to live longer than a 4 life 4 defense unit typically would and hopefully her other powers will help with that because Teleportation Ring was going to help with her unique way of avoiding death in certain occasions where others would die.

I guess I can see having a Teleportation Ring Glyph.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library