Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 10th, 2023, 11:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
TW,

500 Points, 12 Spaces, right? Very Orc-y!
Yes!

Old September 11th, 2023, 06:41 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
SCENARIO FOR MY GAME ON SEPTEMBER 16

HEROSCAPE SCENARIO: SWITCHEROO!
By Chas

Armies: This is a free for all game. Players field armies of 500 Points, occupying a maximum of 12 spaces, set up in individual 12 Hex Start Zones. After 10 Turns, do Full Card scoring; players should keep all cards they defeat. The player with the highest score wins. If there is a tie, only the players who tied play one more Turn, without switching cards. If the game is still tied after this Turn 11, this is the final result.

Classsic, VC and AOA cards may be used, but no Marvel/Supers. Duplicates of AOA cards may be used for the very first time now in different players' armies.

The Switch At the beginning of Turns 3, 6, and 9, before Order Markers are placed, make a Special Initiative Roll (“SIR”), In this order, players will make their switch. Powers affecting the regular Initiative Roll, which will be made afterwards normally, may not affect the SIR.

Making The Switch

All switches are voluntary. But if a player passes on switching, he will not get another chance that round.

Take 1 Card. One at a time in SIR order, each player may take one card from any other player who still has at least two cards left. They may not take the card that costs the most Points which their victim has on the table at the present time.

*Only 1 card can be taken from each player during each switch. If a player is playing multiple squads, only one squad, full if available, is taken. A second squad from a squad taken cannot be taken by a second player. Squad figures taken can be chosen by the Taking Player, and should be marked to show current ownership with markers colored by player.

*The taking player now controls the card they took. Figures with cards that are switched remain as they are on the board as is. They now treat only other cards in their new army as friendly.

*A card that is taken cannot be taken a second time that Turn.

*A card that is defeated (eliminated) cannot be taken.

*A card that is taken, if wounded, may remove 1 wound if a Hero, or add one figure if a Squad who has lost figures but has not been defeated. An added Squad figure can be placed adjacent to any friendly figure of the new owner, but not adjacent to an enemy figure (as defined in the moment).

*A card taken who has figures placed on other cards leaves them on those cards. A card taken with other figures placed on it previously may have these figures remain or removed as defeated at the choice of the new owner.

*A card that was switched on a previous SIR round can be taken.

*A card whose figures start the game off the board such as the Airborne Elite can be switched, either before or after it enters.

*A card with an Age of Annihilation multiple wound squad switched recovers first one wound on an onboard figure if possible, and if not one previously killed figure with one wound on it.
Taeblewalker's armies:

Sir Dupius 150 points, 2 spaces (Immune from switcheroo)
Phantom Knights x3 210 points, 9 spaces
Raelin SotM 120 points, 1 space
Total: 480 points, 12 spaces

Ornak 100 points, 1 space
Brunak 110 points, 2 spaces
Iskra Esenwein 50 points, 1 space
Rechets of Bogden 50 points, 3 spaces
Heavy Gruts 70 points, 3 spaces (sit one Grut)
Grimnak 120 points, 2 spaces (Immune from switcheroo)
500 Points, 12 Spaces

My armies:
Spoiler Alert!
Comments?

P.S.: Dust to dust; ashes to ashes; so all my postings go, likely never viewed nor answered; soon to be forgotten . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; September 12th, 2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old September 13th, 2023, 12:23 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Looking for ideas!

I'm writing a fantasy adventure. The players can choose from one of two adventure options; A) find a collection of monster body parts including a unicorn's horn and a dragon scale and B) locating the magical fonts of the four elements to infuse their power into gemstones. What would be a good name for the module? I was thinking "Of Firestones and Dragon Scales," but I'm not married to it. Thanks for replying!

Old September 13th, 2023, 03:37 AM

I've been working on my game for next month. The premise is that an evil person (Sudema) is performing a ritual to summon a powerful demon, and the good guys have to stop her. But it won't be easy; she will send her minions to greet the would-be heroes, and the heroes will have to fight past them to reach her sanctum.

Hero armies:
1) Sir Dupuis, Knights of Weston x2 and Sir Gilbert (395 points)
2) Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x2 (390 points)
3) Syvarris, Sonlen and Aubrien Archers x3 (400 points)

Minion armies:
1) Horned Skull Brutes x2 and Goblin Cutters x2 (250 points)
2) Death Chasers of Thesk x2 and Ogre Warhulk (260 points)
3) Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Riders x2 and Krug (250 points)

Second wind rules will be in effect. After getting past the minions the heroes will face Sudema herself plus her army of Undead creatures.

Sudema's Armies:
Sudema and Crypt Guardian x3 (320 points)
Zombies of Morandin x5 (300 points)
Skeletons of Annelintia x2, Iskra Esenwein and the Rechets of Bogden (310 points)

I am not sure yet what exactly Sudema is trying to summon, but it will be bad! The fight against the minions goes until one side is eliminated, but if the fight against Sudema goes past six rounds without killing Sudema, the demon will arise and the heroes will have to fight it. Even if they kill Sudema herself, they are bound by duty to eliminate all of her Undead army. There is no time limit to this; whether the demon is successfully summoned or not, play continues until one side is eliminated.

I welcome any thoughts, ideas and criticisms.

As before in my scenarios, one person can control more than one army (like Sherman Davies did last time) if we don't have six people.

Old September 13th, 2023, 07:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This looks great; very high concept!

1. I've noticed that there are lot of relatively newer VC Goblin type cards, including both squads and heroes. I don't know if it would particularly work for this scenario, but I've considered raising up the Goblins by making a giant army of them (with a few stronger allies, as you've done here with the Horned Skull Brutes). We've never used them all that much, or taken much advantage of these newer cards yet, although I've tried some of them out on our table.

2. How are you going to use maps for this two game sequence? One map or two? Will Sudema's Sanctum be Dungeon type terrain? If it gets too complex or needs to be freebuilt, you may need to come over and build it the day before (and sleep over).

3. Are you going to mostly run the Bad Guys yourself, as you usually do?

4. Are players going to choose their armies before the Game Day, or just before the game starts?

5. Glad to see the Skeleons ofAnnilinta in your roster, since I'm interested in them right now.

6. Are you going to bring figures, or do you want me to provide them all? I have plentyof "alternate" dwarfs for the Shieldsmiths. I don't have Crypt Guardians (mummies), do you or anyone else have any? If not, I can always look for proxies in my extra bags.

7. We've got plenty of things Sudema could summon, like the big Fire Elemental or the Huge Cyclops. I have a nasty giant purple Beholder figure I've never got on the table; but it may be too strong. Each tentacle eye has a different power on my custom card for it!

Many moons ago when I used a Beholder in a DnD game, it was a wounded one, and so I cut down its power. I had let the good guys find a "Magic Machine Gun" to battle it, but they never did figure out how to activate it. And I thought it was so obvious...

Last edited by chas; September 13th, 2023 at 08:18 AM.
Old September 13th, 2023, 02:01 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Hero armies:
2) Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x2 (390 points)

I'd prefer to build my own Hero army, please!

Old September 13th, 2023, 02:55 PM

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Looking for ideas!

I'm writing a fantasy adventure. The players can choose from one of two adventure options; A) find a collection of monster body parts including a unicorn's horn and a dragon scale and B) locating the magical fonts of the four elements to infuse their power into gemstones. What would be a good name for the module? I was thinking "Of Firestones and Dragon Scales," but I'm not married to it. Thanks for replying!
"Of Scavenger Hunters and Earth, Wind, and Fire (and Water)."

Old September 13th, 2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Hero armies:

Ok. 400 points, keep it medieval. And good guys like elves and such.

Edit: Elves, Eladrin, Dwarves, Humans, Half-elves and Dragonborn. No more than two squads; the rest have to be unique or uncommon heroes. And let's go for D&D themed units; no Samurai or monks or Romans/Greeks/Gladiators, etc.

Edit: First come, first severed. K has chosen one of the hero armies.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; September 13th, 2023 at 03:39 PM.
Old September 13th, 2023, 03:42 PM

Well met!
Quote:
Quote:

Hero armies:

Thanks so much!

120 Bahadur
120 Asterios
80 Prince al'Kahora
80 Kumiko
400 points, 4 spaces

Old September 13th, 2023, 03:43 PM

Ok not quite what I was envisioning but that army works.

Old September 13th, 2023, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Well met!
Quote:
Looking for ideas!

"Of Scavenger Hunters and Earth, Wind, and Fire (and Water)."

Heart of Stone, Wings of Flame

Old September 13th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Well met!
Quote:
Quote:

Hero armies:

Thanks so much!

120 Bahadur
120 Asterios
80 Prince al'Kahora
80 Kumiko
400 points, 4 spaces
Quote:
Ok not quite what I was envisioning but that army works.
You were envisioning an army that included common squads? I imagine that my army will replace one of the melee armies. The other will make a nice screen for my army, as well as the Elven one. I have a feeling that my army will be especially useful in the endgame. They Came to Kahora!

Last edited by kolakoski; September 13th, 2023 at 05:14 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion