Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SF Bay Area - Immortals Tournament - January

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Regeneration
When this hero is destroyed by a non-Immortal figure or effect, instead of removing the figure from play place it on this card. At the start of the next round before Order Markers are placed, place this hero on the board adjacent to any friendly figure you control. If you have no more friendly figures, this hero is permanently destroyed.
Hmmm, this doesn't explicitly state that all wounds are removed, just that the figure is placed back on the board. This should probably be clarified if that is in fact the intention.

Also, does, say, using overextend attack to take your own last wound count as being destroyed by an Immortal figure or effect? I would assume it would, otherwise you could be a total jerk. "oh, you're about to kill me? well I suicide and respawn next round. See ya!" (I'm not thinking about building an army based on this, I just think it'd be good to have an answer).

Also, now I'm back to the drawing board on one of my armies. Once again, a brilliant idea has been defeated by a more careful reading of the rules. Alas....

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

And another question: when an immortal is removed from the board to regenerate, does this still count as that figure being "destroyed" for the purposes of unit special abilities? Do, for example, the Tagawa Samurai gain an experience marker for bloodlust? Does Sonya take two wounds for eternal heartbreak (assuming your immortal is Cyprien)? Can Zombies place a new zombie in the space of the slain immortal for zombies rise again? Does a non-immortal Cyprien (or other vampire) remove a wound for life drain?

Some of these make sense thematically (e.g. bloodlust), others do not (e.g. zombies rise again), but I think there should probably be a blanket ruling on this. If the intention is yes, that does count as being destroyed, then the wording makes sense. Otherwise, you may want to change it, to something like "when this figure would be destroyed by a non-immortal figure or effect, it is instead placed on this card..."

And while I'm asking questions: will you be printing a few "immortal template" cards to put with each player's current immortal, so everyone has a handy reference for the powers added? You could draw something up that has the powers on the bottom of a standard sheet of paper, and an outline of a card at the top of the paper, or just do a whole bunch of notecard sized sheets that people can keep next to the standard army card...

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Last edited by personwholives; December 7th, 2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: another question
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright! Got it narrowed down to two.

My Immortals are ******* and ******.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old December 9th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

If I can make it mine will probably be ***** and *******.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

I will be testing armies out after all of my Finals are done next week, but I think that one of my two Immortals will likely be *****.
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM

So, they may not translate directly, but are the old immortals armies listed somewhere? I'd like some ideas to test against besides my own.

Old December 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Person,

I'm sorry your questions have so far gone unanswered. I had been giving them some consideration, but I never got around to actually replying to them. I'll get on that. As for Immortal Armies? Here's the original Event Thread. I don't recall if it contains any played or proposed armies, but if there are any, they're likely listed here.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Yeah, I skimmed the previous thread, but didn't see anything. Probably didn't look too hard.

Take your time on the questions. I don't need answers for a bit, though some of them should be more obvious then others. The tournament is still a little way off, so it's not like I need to know tomorrow.

Old December 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Couple orders of business.

First, I've requested the 29th for this tournament at Game Kastle. Carnival Man seems to be the only one who could or could not make it otherwise, so I'm happy to accommodate. I'll post when I have a confirmation from GK.

As for the ruleset questions?

Yes, self inflicted wounds count has having been dealt by an Immortal. Don't Overextend Alastair on 1 life.

As for the other points and questions, try out this rewrite:
Quote:
Regeneration
When this hero would be destroyed by a non-Immortal figure or effect, instead place it on this card. At the start of the next round before Order Markers are placed, remove any wound markers on this card and replace this hero on the board adjacent to any friendly figure you control. If you have no more friendly figures, this hero is permanently destroyed.
That clears up the wound marker point, which you were completely correct in pointing out its need to be addressed. It should now also mean that Immortals aren't "destroyed" so Zombies couldn't rise again, Tagawa get no bloodlust, and so on. Spot on again, Person. Much cleaner wording all the way round.

Yeah, I had decided upon proposing the altered rules that the finalized rules would be printed en masse for everyone to have a reference.

Old December 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Updated first post.

Old December 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Thanks RV, that clears it up nicely. That doesn't leave any of those questions still hanging around. I'll see if I can come up with any more now... (j/k... that's not really my goal, but if I do come up with any more, I'll post them, obviously)

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

And thanks for going with the 29th RV! Here's hoping there's no schedule conflict at Game Kastle!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events