Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 29th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!
It's Here!! DOTA Heroscape!

Just bought a box in a comic retail within Singapore. Reaaaally expensive but just couldn't help it. I got the box at 44.90 SGD, which is around 36 USD, and it only contains 5 figures. Photo below:

So is the SoV or C3V team willing to open a DOTA project? I certainly trust the quality level if its coming from them!

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old June 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: It's Here!! DOTA Heroscape!

I did some searching and you can get it for $33 at Miniature Market or
$34 at Big Bad Toy Store

A bit on the expensive side for my tastes, but the figures look cool.
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I doubt that the C3V/SoV guys will produce a trademarked set using the C3V/SoV monikers, though its not impossible that those guys would produce a set of DOTA units in general though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:38 PM

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Everything is trademarked! Dungeons and dragons etc.

I really hope a pro group can take up DOTA as a project and give the rest of us mortals a chance to field these baddies~! I'm a hardcore dota fan/ player. I would really love to play heroscape dota.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No idea what a "dota" is, but the minis look cool. If I was familiar with dota, would I immediately recognize those guys as specific beings? In other words, when I look at the Pathfinder starter set, I might recognize the figures generally: This guy is a wizard, that guy is a fighter, and so on. If I buy a Heroclix pack, I might recognize Wonder Woman specifically. Is it more like the Pathfinder starter set, or more like Wonder Woman?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

From what I know of Dota, they're all pretty specific characters.

VGS has spoken of doing Dota 2 units in the past, though it's not one of our priorities right now. Up to you whether you'd consider a group that doesn't technically even exist yet as "quality," though.
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

Yep I have already made some custom Dota heroscape figures. They are in my customs here. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49866
I love Dota 2 too!

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Old June 29th, 2014, 09:33 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@DadScaper DOTA stands for Defense of the Ancients it was a fan made mod on Warcraft 3 and is now its own stand alone game.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What the freakety freak is DOTA?

Edit: ooooh, stealth ninja'd.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:33 AM

OH MY GOD!? You don't know DOTA!?

Let me tell you how huge it is.... It is the game that is today spearheading and shaping the universe of cybergaming competition. It has become so huge that it has made ALOT of real life sponsors and brands out there consider it to be an 'e-sport' (my assumption here is that E would mean electronic? Something like E-business referring to online eBay etc)

Dota this year has broken all history records of mankind for esports tournament prize pool. Guess how much the prize pool for this coming International DOTA tournament is? A little over 10 million USD, yes sir. That is the prize pool for an esport tournament. Imagine you are a professional player who plays dota, and you win the first prize, lolz.

As for the game, it is where 5 players select 5 individual heroes and go up against another 5 players. There are AI weak soldiers that spawn on both sides regularly and keep mindlessly attacking each other. The 10 generals from both sides are the ones who can tip this balance. With alot of teamplay and combo setups, the game is today recognized as the most competitive scene online. You can think of it as the cyber world version of the World Cup. I used to just play this game casually until I accidentally watched a professional match between 2 teams. It was so exciting I got hooked immediately to the professional scene and I even have my own team to support and my own favourite player today. (for you fellow dota fans, my fav team is DK and my fav player is iceiceice! He's from Singapore too btw!)

Lastly, the hero pool for Dota is slightly above 100! Each hero is completely unique and has its own abilities and skills.

P.S: I wouldn't dream to condemn a group that hasn't even been formed or judged! I welcome any group daring enough to try to take on the Dota project. It will certainly be FUN! I just hope for the community to participate actively for such a project and quality is sure to flow, purely because there are so many veteran players of Heroscape skulking around to give their advice.

Old June 30th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting. It sounds a bit like Kingdom under Fire, a game I used to play and am awaiting a sequel(which has been in development for years now). I believe the best players for KuF were also from Singapore(at least from the original version, I think they may have been on a different server for the second version).
A 10 million dollar payout sounds like a good reason to check it out. I take it that there has not been a problem with people using hacked characters?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've played a little dota. I mean like 4 games, lol. I don't quite see what the hype is with the game, but I know it has a big following.

I remember seeing on the news recently that a college made dota a varsity sport. That's pushing gaming a little to far. I'm an avid gamer, but sitting on your arse and playing a video game (or driving a race car) is not a sport, IMO. Those kids are going to be the laughing stock of the school.

I can see how those hero characters in dota can make cool heroes on scape. Any chance for squads consisting of those useless grunt units?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion