Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 5th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
- I thought you moved to AL because of a job?
No. That was never the case. My job being online gave me the opportunity to do it, but I'm down here because it's where we want to be.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 6th, 2015, 12:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I played as the Greyjoys in a game last weekend (only my 2nd time playing the game) as part of a 5 player game. Tried to take on the Starks for control of the North and it went really poorly. I learned what not to do in that game. Being at the top of the 3 tracks is really important. I find the boats rather frustrating in that game. I can see how building a bridge of boats all along a coast could be really useful, but it requires too many resources to do. Mustering boats when you need troops and then giving boats one of your limited move orders just hurts your land based positioning too much. If you could say, give your boats a Raid order and still be able to move them one space would be nice, although that might need to take place after move orders are resolved instead of before. Then your navy could spread out much quicker while still moving your armies around.
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:09 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I haven't figured out the navy well enough yet either. I'm always missing connections people use to create attack bridges on me and missing where boats are supporting them on the other side of the map when I'm trying to attack a land space.

Yesterday I played an interesting guessing game called Concept which basically seems like Charades with Emoticons.

Then I got in a three player game of Civilization with both expansions. I started out well with the Chinese versus the Mongolians and the Americans. I was building up a cultural powerhouse, but tried to balance in just enough military. I managed to wipe out Mongolia's third city early and had three cities myself. However, with a good Wonder, Education, and a City-State giving him 3 extra trade each turn, Mongolia managed to get a tech victory a good two or three turns before I would've been able to finish off the cultural victory. America knocking on my door and wiping out Shanghai in the last round didn't help any.

Then I got in my first play of Love Letter and had a lot of fun with that (I finally won something too. ).

Then we wrapped it up with a two player game of Sentinels of the Multiverse. Citizen Dawn tore up our team of Legacy, Wraith, Visionary, and Tachyon by destroying all of our ongoing and equipment cards and making us discard cards frequently. Brutal match.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yesterday I played an interesting guessing game called Concept which basically seems like Charades with Emoticons.

Then I got in my first play of Love Letter and had a lot of fun with that (I finally won something too. ).

I've played Concept once and wasn't so good at it. Not so easy trying to figure out what people are using the iconography as.

Was it regular Love Letter, The Hobbit Love Letter or Batman Love Letter?

Yesterday I ran a solo 2P game of The Ancient World to get a feel for it before teaching it. It's got beautiful art and it's a mechanically simple worker placement game but lots of tough choices because you want/need to do a lot of stuff. While a lot of worker placement games have multiple spaces for players to place workers at, or at least more than one space, The Ancient World does as well, but in many of the places to go, the first player can totally block it out for others for the rest of the round if he places a high enough value workers that nobody has a higher value to play. Players start out with 3 workers, with values of 1, 2 and 3. In many of the placement options, you have to place a higher value worker than is already there. So if you go first and place your #1 worker, the next player to go there has to place #2 or higher. If you are the first to go there and place your #3 worker, then nobody else can go there that round. Later in the game you can gain a #4 and #5 value worker, though you need to be able to feed them at the end of the round, with any unfed ones not being usable in the following round, or costing you -2 VP's if it was the 6th and final round. Really neat game.

Also, I recently got Imperial Settlers and the "Why Can't We be Friends" expansion and have been playing a ton of solo games over the past week. I've played a couple games previously with 3 and 4 players with other players' copies, but was not totally getting certain aspects of it. So now with my own game and set of rules, I am able to really learn it by playing each of the 4 different factions solo, as they are each unique in faction cards and play style. It plays 1-4 and has solo rules where you try to increasingly better your scores, and there's a chart to show you how well you did or didn't do. I have really enjoyed it and will be better prepared when playing with the other players again.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:59 AM

It was just regular Love Letter.

The Ancient World looks cool! Definitely an attractive game board.

Old June 7th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

The Ancient World looks cool! Definitely an attractive game board.
The designer of The Ancient World, Ryan Laukat, is also the artist.

He's also done:

Eight-Minute Empire (I own)

Eight-Minute Empire: Legends ((will someday own)

Empires of the Void

City of Iron (I own)

City of Iron: Experts and Engines expansion (I own)

Artifacts Inc. (Kickstarter I wish I backed, but will buy retail when it comes out)

Above and Below (I backed on KS and should get around December)

He's a pretty talented fellow.

Old June 7th, 2015, 11:27 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
But it WAS regular Love Letter played by Batman if that matters.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
So then it was in a sense, Batman Love Letter

Old June 7th, 2015, 12:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Empires of the Void (I own, and enjoy).
Old June 7th, 2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
So then it was in a sense, Batman Love Letter
Touche. That's why I bought the normal version - didn't want to be redundant. (Also, the Batman version wasn't out yet!).

Old June 7th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We had a white beholder (elephant) game exchange at the local game store today. I brought in 10 games and came home with 10 different games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
We had a white beholder (elephant) game exchange at the local game store today. I brought in 10 games and came home with 10 different games.
Well Q...don't keep us in suspense. What did you bring and what did you come home with?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games