Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Is W.O.T.C going to make an aquilla Flag bearer?

Cool. Any ideas for the special "Aquilla" power? (Which I guess, would have to be rolled using another standard bearers die, now that I think of it)

Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's what I've come up with for the above creature as Aquilla's Standard Bearer. I could use some help on points if anybody has any suggestions.

Mato Ina
Aquilla
Manitou
Unique Hero
Totem Spirit
Merciful
Medium 5
5 Life
Move 4 Spaces
Range 1 Space
Attack 3
Defense 4
140 Points

Rebirth - After taking a turn with Mato Ina, you may attempt Rebirth. Roll 12 Aquilla Valkyrie dice. If you roll 3 or more Aquilla symbols, place one previously destroyed squad figure from your army on an empty space adjacent to Mato Ina. Soulborgs and Undead cannot be chosen for Rebirth.

Under Her Protection - When any friendly figure who follows Aquilla and is adjacent to Mato Ina rolls defense dice against a normal attack, 1 shield blocks all damage. Soulborgs and Undead are not affected by Under Her Protection.

In case anyone is curious on how I came up with the name, I used the Lakota words for bear and mother. If anyone knows if there is an actual Lakota word for "Bear Mother" out there please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by RabSheila; October 30th, 2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post

Rebirth - Before moving Mato Ina you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, roll 3 Aquilla die. If you roll at least 1 Aquilla symbol, bring back any one squad member you’ve lost. Place them adjacent to Mato Ina. Soulborgs and Undead cannot be chosen for Rebirth.

Under Her Protection - Any friendly figure within 4 clear line of sight spaces to Mato Ina roll their normal defense die, but 1 shield blocks all damage. Soulborgs and Undead are not affected by Under Her Protection.
It seems out of the spirit of being a flagbearer not to have at least one of these powers only work for Aquilla units.

On Rebirth, would it be easier to have one roll of the dice instead of two rolls?
Right now the odds of a sucesfull rebirth = 14.75%.
If you skip the twenty-sided die, and say that if the player rolls at least 4 Aquilla symbols out of 12 Aquilla dice, then the chance of success = 12.52%.
If you said that they had to roll at least 3 out of 12, then the chance of succcess = 32.26%
3 out of 8 = 13.48%
Or you could do it like Acolarh (3 out of 10) which = 22.48%

EDIT: I see that you took out the twenty sided roll. I'll keep my odds up for reference.

As she is now, I would price her at 230 or higher. Under her protection is just really powerful.

Last edited by Obsidian; October 2nd, 2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: RabSheila changed Rebirth
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree - Rebirth and Under Her Protection should both only work for Aquilla figures and should be smoothed out (and in the case of UHP toned down) a bit.
How's this look?

REBIRTH - Before moving, instead of attacking, you may attempt Rebirth. Roll 12 Aquilla dice once. If you roll 4 or more Aquilla symbols, you may place one previously destroyed Aquilla squad figure you control on an unoccupied space adjacent to Mato Ina.

UNDER HER PROTECTION - When any friendly figure who follows Aquilla and is adjacent to Mato Ina rolls defense dice against a normal attack, 1 shield blocks all damage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
REBIRTH - Before moving, instead of attacking, you may attempt Rebirth. Roll 12 Aquilla dice once. If you roll 4 or more Aquilla symbols, you may place one previously destroyed Aquilla squad figure you control on an unoccupied space adjacent to Mato Ina.

UNDER HER PROTECTION - When any friendly figure who follows Aquilla and is adjacent to Mato Ina rolls defense dice against a normal attack, 1 shield blocks all damage.
This looks good. I think that this would knock her price down a ton and place her into the other flag bearer's price range.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
This looks good. I think that this would knock her price down a ton and place her into the other flag bearer's price range.
Which seems like a reasonable goal. If you're following the template of other flag bearers, you want a 100-150 point range, two powers, use of Valkyrie dice, and at least one power that affects only Aquilla figures. This would hit all of those criteria.
Now, here's an interesting question ... supposedly Utgar (red) represents attack (and their flagbearer gives an attack bonus), Jandar (blue) represents defense (and their flagbearer gives an adjacent attack bonus, which sort of craps on this theory - it'd work better if it were a defense bonus), Ullar (green) represents movement (and their flagbearer gives a movement bonus), Vydar (gray) represents range (and their flagbearer gives a range boost), and Einar (purple) represents a combination of attack and defense (and their flagbearer gives a defensive bonus that is useful with counter strike, which is an attack and defense combo). So what exactly does Aquilla represent?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
On Rebirth, would it be easier to have one roll of the dice instead of two rolls? Or you could do it like Acolarh (3 out of 10) which = 22.48%

As she is now, I would price her at 230 or higher. Under her protection is just really powerful.
Thanks for the response. I had just gone in to edit the Rebirth power. The more I thought about it, the more I thought one die roll would be easier than two. I like your suggestion of making it like Acolarh. I'm leaning towards that.

Quote:
It seems out of the spirit of being a flagbearer not to have at least one of these powers only work for Aquilla units.
Good point. I may change Under Her Protection for only Aquilla units, but I hope WOTC puts out more Aquilla units at some point for her to protect. What would you price her at with those changes?

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
So what exactly does Aquilla represent?
Maybe it could help with Concealment?? Or if you have her in your army, you can bring 30 extra points. Yellow = gold.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM

Mohicans, Dwarves, Spiders, Migol, Sujoah, and Woo is still a pretty significant core of figures.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So what exactly does Aquilla represent?
Maybe it could help with Concealment?? Or if you have her in your army, you can bring 30 extra points. Yellow = gold.
Well if we consider Red, Blue, and Green to be the primary colors, then consulting this RGB color model, tells us that just as Purple is a combination of Red and Blue, Yellow (Aquilla) is a combination of Red (attack) and Green (move). So maybe some sort of engagement strike? Or disengagement help? Or a movement bonus when the figures can end their movement engaged, like the Kozuke Samurai's charge?

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Thanks for the help, guys. What do you think the point cost should be for the revised figure? (see above)

Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM

Calzone knows what's in an order marker Calzone knows what's in an order marker

Perhaps Aquila's bonus should be related to the Life stat.

I think something that grants additional life, or allows her to transfer wounds, etc, could be neat. Perhaps something along the lines of a "Stealth Armor"-esque ability for nearby Aquila units?

Under Her Protection - If any figure that follows Auila within 3 clear line of sight spaces to Mato Ina would be destroyed by receiving wounds, before removing that figure, roll the 20-sided die. On a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

Mmm...Tasty.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units