Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart
Army for Knight_of_Einar

Hay I;m going to my first Tornament. this Saturday and was wondering what you guys suggested for a 550 point army with a 150 bench army. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM

Chardris is surprisingly tart
Re: Army for Knight_of_Einar

I would say:

Q9

Raelin

2 squads of rats

Kozuke samurai

Izumi samurai

550 pts.

Use the rats to get glyphs, place Izumi a little in front of Q9 and use engagement to prevent enemies from getting adjacent to Q9. If they do get close, have the Kozuke samurai that you had hiding behind Q9 come out and slaughter them. And of course, make sure Raelin is within range of everyone.

For your 150 points:

Cyprien.

'nuff said.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Chardris; April 16th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Knight of Einar,

Would you be willing to tell us a little bit about which units you own (including how many multiples of each common)? Also, when you play normally, which units do you find really work well for you?

~Aldin, curious to see if you favor Einar in your playstyle

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM

one of everything except romans and souldborgs from wave 5
and dubbles of samuri and kyrie, drones and minions, gaurds and monks, shades and orcs, greeks and vipers, soulborgs and elves, zombie horde, heros of barrensper, groks riders, knight and the swog rider, soliders and wolves, amd mabye a few more.

the army I tend to use most is what I call the Einar warlord tactic,

1 valgaurd
1 set of greeks
1 ashiguru H
1 ashiguru Y
Sparticus
Crixus

Pool: 1 set of greeks, and one Parminio.

Old April 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, how's this a variation on your Einar Warlord theme:

2xGreeks
2x10th Regiment
Zelrig
Marcus
Isamu

Because the army is disciplined, the Greeks get an extra defense die. Marcus is a great booster for both the Greeks and the 10th. Zelrig can pop out early to try to disrupt any masses of commons if you're against a horde or you can hold him in reserve for later opportunities. Isamu is filler, but good filler.

For the 150 point sideboard, my question is - what kills this? And it's squad-killers that cause the problem. Braxas, Marrden Hounds, Q9, etc. I think that means you'll have to give up being a disciplined warlord army in the sidebar to deal with these threats. My recommendation is:

Q10

-or-

Krug
Guilty

In either case, drop Marcus and a squad of Greeks to boost your ability to crush squad-killers.

~Aldin, thematically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I very much like Aldin's suggestions. The sidebar army has the sort of useless Greeksx1, but it's still a decent army.

If you want to go maximum cheese, and assuming "one of everything" includes flagbearers, you could go:

180 Q9
80 Raelin
100 KMA
80 Deathreavers x2
110 Laglor

And if your opponent has an army that scares you (stinger-horde? Krug and Arrow Gruts?) you could drop a squad of Rats and Laglor for 10thx2. That leaves you with only 1 squad of rats, but you can still roll them out for glyph grabbing and then forget about them.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM

I love the suggestions, but mabye I should name the ones that I dont have.
Marcus.
Vinoc warlord;
Aquilla's alliance.
All 5 Flagbaerers.
Thealenk Tundra.
and all the others I in my first list bove.

so the Warlord theme given by Aldin Is vary much admired by me but if only I Zilrig (long awaited Dragon) and my Marcus back (lost or or broken do to babby sister) then I would try it out, but thanks to the upcoming re-release of wave one I can git marcus back and 2 weeks from now I will git Aquilla's alliance so I will be able to use It at the next tourmament on may 18th. as for dok's, it was most sertanly put into consederation, only missing Laglor and a set of Deathreavers.

so given the figures I do and do Not have, dok, Aldin, anymore suggestions

Last edited by Knight_Of_Einar; April 16th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old April 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM

So are there any more suggestions.

Old April 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Ok so the Army that I have NOW put together Is

2x 10th
Valgaurd
Parmenio
sacred band
Major Q10

Old April 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Einar View Post

2x 10th
Valgaurd
Parmenio
sacred band
Major Q10

To be honest, I would actually chuck the SB and Parmenio for Kaemon...

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Ok I'll see what that does for me, thanks
I also through in Otonashi and Iasmu to fill out the last 20 points

Old April 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Einar View Post

2x 10th
Valgaurd
Parmenio
sacred band
Major Q10

To be honest, I would actually chuck the SB and Parmenio for Kaemon...
But wouldn't Kaemon and Q10 step on each other's toes? They do have similar roles after all. Personally, as much as I hate saying it, dropping Valgaurd for the Airborne Elite might be the way to go.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion